Timeslips from Dad in 88

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoke

Reaction score
The first couple dont have a date so not really sure when they were taken these are as he built the bike. Added wheelie bars header jet kit and so on.

His best time was 10.29 @129 But I dont have that one.

On the first couple his number is 35 and I did take his number from then the rest are 2856

Roy

Attachments

• first run.jpg
    first run.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 96
  • second run.jpg
    second run.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Sat run 7.jpg
    Sat run 7.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 101588 2nd run.jpg
    101588 2nd run.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 105
  • pic dad vmax.jpg
    pic dad vmax.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 163
Those slips are nice.....

That picture is GREAT!!!!!!:worthy:

I miss my dad.....

Kaboom,
I hear you and cant relate. Me and my dad are really only close out of my family of 6 I dont know what I would do without him, he knows so much and helps me all the time.

Yea the pictures and slips he found about a month ago and said I could have them that meant so much to me.

Hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do.

Roy

Can he find the wheelie bar too? That would be sweet!

The bike looks pretty well stock in that photo.

Chris

Looks like the bike was hardtailed with struts and the wheelie bars mounted to the struts......

Really cool.......:clapping:

Chris,

I do actually have the bars still. However, we have lost one of the original pingel struts for the wheel bar mounts. We did make some new ones without the mount for the bars, still to come. The bars have actually been lengthened for less ground clearance and easier bike control. I will have them next year. I am in process of having them bead blasted and powder coated maybe same as my frame or black, not sure.

Thanks for the compliments they mean a lot

Roy

I wonder what would happen if you ran them on the street:biglaugh:

I LOVE that blue Roy... I vote blue! If I repainted my whole bike it'd be that blue. I kick myself for NOT getting that color in my G8...

Great post Roy, nice to see your dad's Vmax back on the road/ track with you at the controls. I love the pictures and time slips!

I wonder what would happen if you ran them on the street:biglaugh:
One of our members(Kloker) said he had done that more than once on race days and the locals just looked the other way.
I suspect they know Shawn well! :rofl_200:
:rocket bike:

Ok well I have a bunch more time slips also if anyone would like to see them. I also have a video tape of him racing I am trying to burn to dvd I will try and edit some to put on here. Here is a few more of his pics and of my now bike.

Attachments

• now 85.jpg
    now 85.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 57
  • dad 88-1.jpg
    dad 88-1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 54
  • dads 88.jpg
    dads 88.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 54
  • P1100635.JPG
    P1100635.JPG