To buy or not to buy?!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried my best To save you the headache The aluminum Is oxidized under the clear coat Hope you have stripping And paint skills Or this will cost you Hopefully your rims aren't this way to. Well you're in it now Good luck

Couldn't pass it up. Went back for a second look, and the mileage was incredibly low. Also got a ton of information on the previous owner, who turned out to be incredibly thorough in regards to its maintenance outside of the oxidation.

The bike even had the original manual and pamphlet from the dealer from when it was bought in 2001.

About the clean up of the forks, I took mine off the bike disassembled and then used a red scotchbrite wheel on my drill to remove all the corrosion and clear coat. Primed it with self etching primer, lightly sanded with 0000 steel wool then painted with duplicolor acrylic enamel flat black rattle can paint. The finish turned out great and 6 months later I have had. No chipping or peeling of the paint.
re2esupa.jpg
3unysy2u.jpg

Just following up with you guys.

Had the Max for a week now, and loving every ride to and from. It is night and day difference from what I am used to. Amazing throttle response, and comfort.

I haven't really noticed the legendary "ill" handling that they are known for. It seems to do just fine to me, and while there is always room to tighten it up I dont know that I would describe its' handling anywhere nearly as negatively as some have.

Now, time to start saving up and picking through the thousands of upgrades that are out there for it. Thanks for all of the input guys (and gal), you definitely helped me make a great decision!

Nick

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

The handling is just fine for a cruiser.
If you push it hard thru the turns you can feel the bike squirm under you. A lot of guys aren't comfortable with this. Some guys think it makes life more exciting, some don't ride hard enough to notice.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Back