To Hot To Ride?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear a moisture wicking t-shirt (REI) on longer rides and it helps a lot. My leather jacket while has mesh venting from my waist up under my arm then down my arm but nothing for the main part of my body front/ back so the wicking shirt helps. I really need a mesh one as soon as I find the right one at the right price I guess.
Good luck VMike and have fun on you trip, I wish I could ride along with ya!:thumbs up: :punk:

Last edited:
Thanks Brian! I wish you could too. I'll let everyone know how the gear worked out when I get back. I know it's not the best but for the money that Bilt Blaze mesh jacket and pants at Cycle Gear isn't a bad deal. About $90 for the jacket and the same for the pants if you really need them.

Ryan---I'm thinking the same thing like the "swamp cooler" principle.They work killer in low humidity and not so good in high humidity.

Mike

Recent trip to my dermatologist resulted in him giving me the name of 2 riding apparel companies. They are solumbra.com and collibar.com. I am interested in a very cool long sleeve riding shirt that will reflect the sun and be cool. Never looked but as soon as I post this will go see.

Take a look at these websites, tell what you think.

Interesting, I had thought about posting some info on the sun-blocking clothing but decided that having protective padded CE armor jacket /pants might defeat the utility of the SPF 100+ type of clothing. That is, until you stop & remove your armor! Then the SPF resistant shirt, pants, & hats prove their worth.

Also interesting, I went to my dermatologist today as well. He has been seeing me for 34+ years and luckily I do not have the genes of being "pink" where any outdoor exposure poses a hazard, as redheads and some blondes have.

My take is that once you get some skin lesions burned-off or surgically-removed, you start to pay a lot more attention to the subject of skin exposure and protection. An older brother of two of my best friend's growing-up died of a malignant melanoma by his early 30's. He was a chemical engineer. Pay-attention now to deal with problems to keep them from becoming BIG problems!

Get the polypropylene underwear for under the mesh jacket and the SPF 100+ clothes for while you are off the bike.

One of my favorite hats is one of those big-rimmed cloth ones w/the mesh surround below the crown. Not stylish, but the 360-degree mesh flows max air & you can soak the hat in water for even more cooling. Easy to pack & easy to use.

The prices for long sleeve t shirts is $39 at one store and $49 at another. The clothing is not cheap.

Think, skin cancer. It makes the price seem reasonable. One or two deductible/copays for an office visit.

Back