Tools

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffee_brake

Reaction score
I looked but I didn't see anything on this...

My bike didn't have the tool kit in it. What tools should I get together to keep with the bike? What might I be expected to need on the roadside, besides the sparkplug wrench and tire patch kit?

what's in that tool kit, anyway?

4 and 5 mm Thandle
10, 12, 14, 17, 19 mm sockets
1/2 inch ratchet
18 mm deep socket
electrical tape
pocket meter
couple different sizes of phillips and flat blade screwdrivers including one that fits mixture screw tunnel

10, 12, 17 mm wrenches
pliers
adjustable wrench

I'm sure there are a few others I'm forgetting.

Is what you call a 'T handle' an Allen key? There are definitely a few of these used - I can think of at least 3 sizes (scoops, side panels, forks, handlebars clamps etc).

Also need something like a big adjustable wrench if you ever have to undo the rear wheel axle nut, but instead I would usually carry a flat tire repair can or an AAA membership card :)

Yeah, with the handle on the end it looks like a "T". Much easier to get torque and loosen those stubborn fasteners.

I guess it would depend on how far you go down the highway from home. Living in Northern Ontario, the population density can get pretty thin fast, so my tool pouch contains;

Metric open/box end wrenches - 6mm to 18mm stubbies
led flashlight
multi bit screwdriver
metric hex wrenches set
2 bungee cords
small roll of wire
black electrical tape
tire gauge
nylon tie straps
headlight & tail light bulbs
pocket knife
electrical wire
small crescent wrench
spark plugs (X2) and spark plug wrench

Maybe a few more things in there that I can't remember right now, but if all else fails, hopefully the cell phone works.

Mike

A small wire crimper and some butt splices would be good too.

i'd say one of the most important things is a 10mm wrench for a stock seat or a allen for a corbin. gotta get the seat off to do a lot of stuff!

I don't bother to fasten my seat. The middle seat latch keeps it in place.

i being a mechanic , carry no tools , i consider them bad luck ! I only carry a tire repair kit ( plugs with the co2 cartridges ) , & i know I'm jinxing myself , first epic ride i go on this year I'll break down ! "lol" ( the best tool to have is a cell phone )

as long as you carry a hammer you'll be alrite - the 4-pounder is best.

Gotta have something to smash those blue lights with, right?

COME TO THINK OF IT , THERES SO MANY THINGS THAT CAN GO WRONG WITH THESE V-MAX'S ( ACCORDING TO EVERYONES PROBLEMS ON THIS FORUM ) YOU WOULD NEED A WHOLE SUPPORT TEAM & VEHICLE TO FOLLOW YOU AROUND !:rofl_200:

YAMAHA SHOULD GIVE EVERY OWNER OF A V-MAX , A TRAILER TO PULL A HYABUSA BEHIND , SO THEY CAN GET HOME ! :rofl_200:

How about a float adjuster, ya have one of them in your kit? My only tool I need is a burrito mounted over the rear exhuast header tube.. I can survive one day from a Kerker Cooked Burrito

A small wire crimper and some butt splices would be good too.

My only tool I carry honestly is a Cell Phone.. Call a friend "Hey my piece of shit frame flexxing wobbler broke down came and get me, also pick up a 12 pack for the ride back pay ya when ya get here.. All fixed

My only tool I carry honestly is a Cell Phone.. Call a friend "Hey my piece of shit frame flexxing wobbler broke down came and get me, also pick up a 12 pack for the ride back pay ya when ya get here.. All fixed[/quote]
THATS IT !:rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

How about a float adjuster, ya have one of them in your kit? My only tool I need is a burrito mounted over the rear exhuast header tube.. I can survive one day from a Kerker Cooked Burrito

My only tool I carry honestly is a Cell Phone.. Call a friend "Hey my piece of shit frame flexxing wobbler broke down came and get me, also pick up a 12 pack for the ride back pay ya when ya get here.. All fixed

Nah, take too long. Just a hammer.

Perfect, just the info I needed. Very small space under the seat to put all that, though...have to get creative!

Back