Tornados in Pilger

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Do any of them deliver to Missouri?

Awesome video footages there. And viewing them on-line has viewing them coming straight at my home beat HANDS DOWN. I never want to see another one in person. Ever. The 2008 tornado that claimed 22 lives in Picher, Okla & near Racine, MO came straight at us - veering just south of the house at the last minute and still managed to deposit lots of building debris from two of our neighbors' farms all across our yard. It took out our RV and left the house looking as if it were a mud hut on two sides. My 85 was strapped in the back of that RV and rolled with it. TOO CLOSE!

Anytime there is a tornado I feel for the survivors. Apr 10 1979, one passed over our house, and rattled the walls. It DOES sound like a train right on top of your house.

That was the outbreak that left over a mile wide swath in Lawton OK, and Wichita Falls Tx.

Scary things for sure! They produce the highest winds recorded on the planet, think I read 330 mph (or maybe 318) was the record at the time....man, you can't hide from something like that it pulls the blacktop right off the roads! :surprise:

Scary things for sure! They produce the highest winds recorded on the planet, think I read 330 mph (or maybe 318) was the record at the time....man, you can't hide from something like that it pulls the blacktop right off the roads! :surprise:

I had heard 318....and that was for the tornado that hit OKC (moore/norman) area may 1999. It was classified as a strong F-5. Originally it was gonna be classified as an F-6. but since there had NEVER been an F-6, they classified it as a strong F-5. The movie Twister called an F-5..."the finger of God".

Latest posts

Back