• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Toxic is for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
First off I actually am going to sell Toxic, goes to auction if a Vmax brother doesn't want to buy. Got burned out badly during my time as VMOA President (politics and infighting suck!) and have totally lost my passion for the bike. Am also looking at a couple of other projects that I can use the money on.

Looking for $12,500 US (as I am in Canada I am making sure that everyone is sure of the price). As most of you know this bike is HEAVILY modified and lovingly cared for. As much as it is my baby it is time to let another person enjoy the bike to its fullest.

If interested contact me via PM here or email: [email protected]

Payment by certified check or cash ONLY, not willing to eat PayPal fees etc. If you feel like paying the PayPal fees we can talk. Buyer is responsible for pick up and/or shipping costs. Comes with a bunch of spare parts and some new ones as spares that were purchased along the way.

Cheers,

Attachments

• IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4708.jpg
    IMG_4708.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4731.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 1912378_10152399571297317_37116289_n.jpg
    1912378_10152399571297317_37116289_n.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 207
  • 10006268_756017841117546_1582382477_n.jpg
    10006268_756017841117546_1582382477_n.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4737.jpg
    IMG_4737.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Hi Jim,

Sorry to see Toxic up for sale. I know you put your heart & soul into its final stage. I also can emphasize with your frustrations with the VMOA . I trust you will keep the site open on your PC to " stay in touch ".

Would you list the mods done and parts included with the sale ? If not sold here or to a member of the VMOA , you will eventually have to list these anyway for a proper auction.

Sad face - Paul

I'm sorry to hear that your selling your baby Jim, you have spent lots of time, energy and love on Toxic, and you almost lost an eye over her too!
I have watched and helped Jim work on putting Toxic together and she is as advertised. A one of a kind Vmax that has been modified very thoughtfully and creatively, and has been maintained meticulously. It has the best of the best parts on it and needs to be seen in person to appreciate what this Vmax has become.

Parts list as requested:

Engine: PCW 1428 big bore, PCW 43mm Flatslide carbs, NOS, Otec Lock up clutch, PCW heavy duty oil pump, PC Racing steel oil filter. Hindle ss header, Laser Stealth can, O2 sensor/gauge

Drivetrain: Custom Cycle One Off chain drive conversion (6 in stretched ZX12R swingarm), custom Vortec rear sprocket

Suspension: Cycle One Off inverted front end (2003 Gold R1 forks with full Racetec internals), Fully adjustable Ohlins rear shocks

Other stuff: Most of the bolts on the suspension and brakes are titanium, titanium axle nut (rear) and bolt (front), custom Cycle One Off gauge cluster with tach, shift light, oil pressure gauge, digital speedo, and voltage gauge, O2 sensor and gauge, ASV levers, R1 front brake master cylinder, Risoma brake and clutch res., Morley Muscle seat with "Toxic" embroidered on the flip section, sport tail, custom scoops and rad shrouds, Cycle One Off air shifter, lots of other goodies as well.

Rear wheel assy is from Kawasaki Racing from a 2004 ZX6R
Front wheel assy is from a 2003 R1

Will also come with:

Race stands, spare stator (NIB), and lots of misc bits and bobs that I have stored up over the years (parts removed and parts bought but never installed)

I'm sorry to hear that your selling your baby Jim, you have spent lots of time, energy and love on Toxic, and you almost lost an eye over her too!
I have watched and helped Jim work on putting Toxic together and she is as advertised. A one of a kind Vmax that has been modified very thoughtfully and creatively, and has been maintained meticulously. It has the best of the best parts on it and needs to be seen in person to appreciate what this Vmax has become.

Yeah, I am kind of sorry to see her go, but to be honest I have not been doing right by the bike by letting it sit for a while. Know that someone out there is the right person who is looking for this bike and will enjoy it immensely.

Hi Jim,

Sorry to see Toxic up for sale. I know you put your heart & soul into its final stage. I also can emphasize with your frustrations with the VMOA . I trust you will keep the site open on your PC to " stay in touch ".

Would you list the mods done and parts included with the sale ? If not sold here or to a member of the VMOA , you will eventually have to list these anyway for a proper auction.

Sad face - Paul

Won't leave the site, even though I haven't been nearly as active as I once was I do miss you guys! Besides where else can I post up my next project :biglaugh:

First off Jim, it's been awhile since we last talked. I hope all is well with you.

Second, very sorry to hear about the decision to sell Toxic. I know that this bike means alot to you and that this decision cannot be an easy one for you.

Please stay in touch regardless of owning Toxic as your friendship over the years and introduction to the Vmax community is a big reason i still own a Vmax.

Mike

First off Jim, it's been awhile since we last talked. I hope all is well with you.

Second, very sorry to hear about the decision to sell Toxic. I know that this bike means alot to you and that this decision cannot be an easy one for you.

Please stay in touch regardless of owning Toxic as your friendship over the years and introduction to the Vmax community is a big reason i still own a Vmax.

Mike

Hey Mike! Yeah, wasn't easy but I want a fresh start with something else. You and the Vmax community helped me through the darkest times in my life and will always be counted as friends!

I'm also sorry to see you sell it too, Jim. After all the trouble to hang on to it through the divorce and all. The counless hours invested. I'd love to have this bike,but not doable for me today. Have you thought about making any extra stuff available, for sale seperately? I'm glad your going to stick around here.
Steve

I'm also sorry to see you sell it too, Jim. After all the trouble to hang on to it through the divorce and all. The counless hours invested. I'd love to have this bike,but not doable for me today. Have you thought about making any extra stuff available, for sale seperately? I'm glad your going to stick around here.
Steve

+ 1 It would live on the dragstrip if I had it not sure if that is a good life for it or not but at least it would be used

Bike is VERY happy at the strip. Pretty much designed to go very fast in a straight line, but will turn very good as well. Hoping one of the Vmax brotherhood wants to make a deal. Needs to be used the way it was intended by someone who will appreciate all the hard work that went into it.

Steve, yeah did all I could and fought to keep Toxic in my possession. Just haven't had the urge to get on it in way too long.

Bike is VERY happy at the strip. Pretty much designed to go very fast in a straight line, but will turn very good as well. Hoping one of the Vmax brotherhood wants to make a deal. Needs to be used the way it was intended by someone who will appreciate all the hard work that went into it.

Steve, yeah did all I could and fought to keep Toxic in my possession. Just haven't had the urge to get on it in way too long.

Any happy 1/4 mile times to post?

Damn Jim, sorry to hear Toxic is 'up on the block' but one door closes and another one opens.

The lucky buyer'll be owning a piece of VMax history. Good luck with the sale.

Damn Jim, sorry to hear Toxic is 'up on the block' but one door closes and another one opens.

The lucky buyer'll be owning a piece of VMax history. Good luck with the sale.

True Dan-o, and you never know if I will just decide later on to pick up another Max and go forward from there. Still lobbying Yamaha to re-introduce the Gen-1 with updated suspension and EFI. Will keep that up no matter what.

True Dan-o, and you never know if I will just decide later on to pick up another Max and go forward from there. Still lobbying Yamaha to re-introduce the Gen-1 with updated suspension and EFI. Will keep that up no matter what.

Well if you make any progress , be sure to have them see me to improve the seat situation !

Back