trouble re-mounting rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnut108

Reaction score
This is supposed to be easy right ? Tire came off OK. Had the rim polished. I'm trying to remount but the drive shaft/ rim gears are not seating right. I've cleaned and greased everything but can not get the tire to seat properly. I've rotated and jiggled the tire, nothing seems to help. even put the axel bolt in for alignment. Can't figure this one out guys. Help !! :bang head:

if the gears aren't lining up right usually just rotating it slightly.

also ifsomeone did the washer swap maybe the washer is in there hiding?

if the gears aren't lining up right usually just rotating it slightly.

also ifsomeone did the washer swap maybe the washer is in there hiding?
+1, washer sounds like a good possibility. You can always unbolt the shocks to make it a little easier to line up the pumpkin.

are you talking about the rubber washer ? That washer I have on the pinion side and it seems to be covering about 1/3 of the teeth. Is this in the wrong place ?

It's easier to put the bike in gear and rotate the wheel, then maybe the splines will fall into place. Also, if you have the washers mixed up the axle will not go thru the thin washer, the thin washer goes on last, between the nut and swing arm.

Thanks Alorio1 Put it in gear, rocked it around a little and it went in. Guess I was just rotating both sets of teeth at the same rate. Thanks to all you guys, don't know what I would do without this sight.

Back