Twin Turbo '09 video

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a tire that will make that power worth anything is the next step....

thats a catchy rip hes got going on in the background before he starts it up.

haha yea, j/k. local radio station out here did a joke on a guy and paradied the song "butterface"

Yeah, instaling is one thing, simple one.
Make it work fine is another, dificult thing.

Awesome to see someone putting time and $$$ into developing stuff for this new bike, things like this are great for the community i think.

With Fuel Injection and a closed loop feedback A/F system, which the bike already has, it'll be a piece of cake as long as they know what they are doing and have the tuning software, not sure where the aftermarket is with that these days.

If they don't know what they are doing or make all the typical dumbass mistakes like not using a wideband o2 monitor to tell where they are at with it, or not adressing timing retard or knock sensing, they will certainly roast the motor.

The sport compact crowd has this shit down to a very accurate "T"

On the old lady's 350z that I supercharged (ATI procharger) there was no way into the "brain" (at that time) to program injector pulse width in which case the standard accepted solution was to "overdrive" the injector pressure (bigger injectors as well) with a thingamjig that runs an auxiliary fuel pump driven by a boost sensor. A boost referenced fuel pressure regulator was also used.

I installed a knock sensing, boost driven, RPM referenced retard module (J&S Safeguard) to adress the timing.

On top of that it had a wideband system that didn't just monitor but had outputs to force even more retard into the engine via the J&S units "switched retard" if A/F went lean under certain throttle position and rpm parameters.

All these items were universal application items except the J&S but they make them in univerasl form as well.

The electronics available today that come in "universal" form are incredible if people would just use them instead of doing just the nuts and bolts stuff and not worrying about how to control it.

FI is a pure fucking headache with carbs, whether blow thru or draw thru, with FI it's pretty simple if you have your shit together, and of course the hard parts to fit it to the vehicle.

Rusty

I saw Power Commander for vmx17 at ebay so, now they have fair chances to tune that setup propertly. I wonder if somone ever saw original Yamaha vmx17 tunning software? Propably not so, the power commander opens new paths in next generation vmax tunning and im very glad to hear that.
I always like to watch at that crazy ideas and when im see them succed thers always a big smile on my face.

EFI its a thnig that i wanna do for a very long time in my 99 v-max.
My friends always ask me the same question when i telling that i want to instal EFI on my v-max.

Why cant you just buy modern bike with EFI already instaled?
Why make life more dificult?

Theres always the same answer:
Becouse theres no fun :D

Theres much to lern for me before i can start doing something.
Ya know, machine TBs and instal them on v-max, its not a big deal.
Of course lot of work but with some mechanical abilities and with a good machine shop IMO anyone can do that. Also Megasquirt is very friendly.

I even have unassembled Megasquirt, gsxr TBs and some wireing and sensors but im still reading Mega manual LOL

...& they say the B-King is ugly...???...

Puh-LEEEAAASE!!!

At least you can take the stock mufflers off, lower it, and make it look good...

Even with a turbo...

That conglomeration of plumbing, wires, and assorted hardware would look ugly even in the bowels of a shrimp boat...
Let's call a spade a spade here...
I HAD a turbo MAX, and couldn't WAIT to get it off the bike, in favor of a supercharger... In a word, FUUUGLY!!!

'Johnny Hacksaw'

PS. The ONLY turbo VMAXes I have EVER seen, that were good-looking, were Don Bricker's street bike,
and Steve Burnett's 'funny bike MAX (CO)...The rest just look like some industrial accident.

I hope a S/C is in the works by someone, they've got one for the Vrod that is very un-intrusive. I think a real hot rod needs a S/C not a turbo....but I admire anything that can bring HP to ridiculous levels,...
Plus S/C, unless they are Centrifugal, are difficult to effectively intercool, I know they make under S/C plates for the roots and twin vane style S/C's but they aren't very useful at higher boost levels since the charge airs' "exposure" time is too short across the plate style intercoolers....they are good for maybe 4-7 psi or so....Then again 4-7 psi on a 180rwhp machine oughtta be good for around 220-250rwhp...

Puh-LEEEAAASE!!!

At least you can take the stock mufflers off, lower it, and make it look good...

Even with a turbo...

That conglomeration of plumbing, wires, and assorted hardware would look ugly even in the bowels of a shrimp boat...
I HAD a turbo MAX, and couldn't WAIT to get it off the bike, in favor of a supercharger... In a word, FUUUGLY!!!

'Johnny Hacksaw'

PS. The ONLY turbo VMAXes I have EVER seen, that were good-looking, were Don Bricker's street bike,
and Steve Burnett's 'funny bike MAX (CO)...The rest just look like some industrial accident.

Why cant you just buy modern bike with EFI already instaled?
Why make life more dificult?

Theres always the same answer:
Becouse theres no fun :D

You can still have a ton of fun tinkering on modern bikes with EFI.

Blaine

Puh-LEEEAAASE!!!

Even with a turbo...

'Johnny Hacksaw'

I think they are BOTH ugly. But then again, it's probably because I can't afford either one, LOL.

Rusty
Of course lot of work but with some mechanical abilities and with a good machine shop IMO anyone can do that. Also Megasquirt is very friendly.

I even have unassembled Megasquirt, gsxr TBs and some wireing and sensors but im still reading Mega manual LOL

I have some experience with Megasquirt. What version do you have?

Puh-LEEEAAASE!!!

Even with a turbo...

'Johnny Hacksaw'

LOL... Wait till you see Don Bricker's latest turbo setup. Do you know if Steve is still running his Max?

Oh, OK. I have Megasquirted a few bikes, That's why I asked. MS1 v1, Ms1 v 2, and MSII V 1.

I never had a chance to play with those for a while.

Wanted to instal it into v-max but after read some decided to quit that project.
Our italian fellas started the MSII v-max but at the end they losing sync anyway.

Now im waiting for MS III and i wanna see how this thing will capable.

Another system is Haltech but even here we still do not know that Haltech can handle the v-max odd fireing.
Hope to get some hints from Mark/Birdoprey in future :worthy:.

Latest posts

Back