UFO Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
I finally got some cash saved back and im lookin to blow a good chunk of it on the vmax.

Has anyone here tired any of the new ufo exhaust? i REALLY like the way they look, they stole cobra's look and slapped it on a full system. Ive heard some horror stories about ufo but i mean come on the guy is still in business after all these years he must be doing something right.

Vid's/sound clips greatly appreciated!

I hear it is REALLY loud ( I think most of UFO's systems are on the loud side), so factor in how the cops few loud bikes. I'd hate to see you with a handful of tickets. As for full systems, I think they are pretty much all the same, performance wise.

it cant be any louder than a hardley can it? its very very rare people around my area get tickets for loud exhaust. All the harley guys blast by my house and get away with it so why cant i LOL

plus the decibel level is the only thing the harley guys have on me.

Most exhausts are the same but I'm sure Jon will tell you his is like adding NOS or something...

Kerker with the 2.5 baffle is da bomb! I can't tell you how F'n loud it is and how good it looks!

FYI! Jon's great until you have a problem. I've said it a million times...

Chris
burned but moving on... Slowly...:biglaugh:

Go with the Kerker 4-2-1 makes horsepower plus its lighter than John Cornballs

Also trust me, loud is great but its annoying as hell on the interstate.
With Cornballs you cant add baffles to it, with the kerker you just remove 3 screws and woo lahhh insert the quiet baffle all done!!

KERKER IS THE WAY !

i do love the way the kerker full with comp baffle sounds but i dont like the non symetrical look. Do they make a kerker full system with pipes on both sides of the bike?

I finally got some cash saved back and im lookin to blow a good chunk of it on the vmax.

Has anyone here tired any of the new ufo exhaust? i REALLY like the way they look, they stole cobra's look and slapped it on a full system. Ive heard some horror stories about ufo but i mean come on the guy is still in business after all these years he must be doing something right.

To answer your question, yes, I have tried the new UFO exhaust. 4-1 dragstar. The look is, well, great. The pics on his website do show more of an upturned tip, and mine is parallel to the ground.

My buddy has the kerker, and it just sounds too high pitched at acceleration, and not as growly at idle, compared to the ufo.

I suppose some like to be able to have the option of switching to a quieter/louder baffle, and this is not possible on the ufo.

I bought the ufo because it seems everyone has the kerker. Time-honored performance has alot to say for that system, but I didnt want to make a copy of what everyone else has, or else I would have bought a harley.

Want loud, unmistakeable look, and great sound at idle, go for ufo.

Want loud/quiet, the kerker name, and what everyone else has, go for kerker.

Of course I am biased because I own the ufo, but it was a hard choice between that and the kerker. Do some research, listen to some bikes in person, and make your own choice.

There will always be those against jon, but so far, I have no issues with the pipes I purchased...if that counts against the million others who have been burned.

Good luck with your decision

http://www.youtube.com/v/kkJZa3Nav30&hl=enI dont know what kind of baffle your buddy is running in his Kerker, maybeit needs to be repacked, they will get a high pitched raspy sound when the baffle burns out.

I have my core wrapped in a special high temp wrap I purchased from McMasterCarr same as Grainger supply. The good thing about this stuff it doesnt burn out like fiberglass pack you buy from the Yamaha Stealer
Its also very dense to give it a nice deep sound.. Listen to this video does it sound high pitched??

kkJZa3Nav30&hl=en

http://www.youtube.com/v/kkJZa3Nav30&hl=en

Don't lie Clint!
We know it's your Stimulus Check from president Bushy!

LOL :clapping:

To answer your question, yes, I have tried the new UFO exhaust. 4-1 dragstar. The look is, well, great. The pics on his website do show more of an upturned tip, and mine is parallel to the ground.

My buddy has the kerker, and it just sounds too high pitched at acceleration, and not as growly at idle, compared to the ufo.

I suppose some like to be able to have the option of switching to a quieter/louder baffle, and this is not possible on the ufo.

I bought the ufo because it seems everyone has the kerker. Time-honored performance has alot to say for that system, but I didnt want to make a copy of what everyone else has, or else I would have bought a harley.

Want loud, unmistakeable look, and great sound at idle, go for ufo.

Want loud/quiet, the kerker name, and what everyone else has, go for kerker.

Of course I am biased because I own the ufo, but it was a hard choice between that and the kerker. Do some research, listen to some bikes in person, and make your own choice.

There will always be those against jon, but so far, I have no issues with the pipes I purchased...if that counts against the million others who have been burned.

Good luck with your decision

Very good info Chris! But you failed to tell them that you got pulled over in Eureka Springs, Arkansas for rappin your pipes amongst many HD's and myself. I'm not one to lay low and I like you a lot :biglaugh: And thats a very serious statement and I respect your decision with your purchase. Although, the UFO's are not what they are cracked up to be IMO. Way too loud and raspy IMO:confused2: By all means, please do not take what I said the wrong way. Because I do hope to ride with you and Tim again, sometime soon.:eusa_dance: Yeah I know, opinions are like assholes and I just happen to be one. Take Care!

Clay,

I think that "warning" from Eureka Springs PD was addressed in earlier posts, so I didnt want to insult intelligence among us, but thanks for bringing it up. I have the framed pic out in my shop.

Why you think UFO pipes arent what they are cracked up to be, well, I'm not sure what you base your opinion on, but I was only answering his original question. I guess when you spend close to a grand on pipes, you would get defensive too.

Kerker is the best.

Got it.

I have the UFO pipes, and I thought I could qualify my remarks by posting, because this guy has legit questions about UFO...

I read all the posts about kerker before I went UFO, I just didnt like the sound, thats all.

I am sure this guy has read them too. There's only about 1 million posts about how kerker is awesome and UFO sucks ass. I have the UFO, not kerker, hence, my response.

Chris

heres the raspy sound i dont like with the kerker,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iJfbW0hlYwQ

but the comp baffle sounds awsome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXyjjlZZVHg

The reason i like the ufo pipes so well is not only sound but they look great too. im not too fond of the can looking pipes

But......if i could get a set of kerkers with comp baffles that were duals id snatch them up in a second

Clay,

I think that "warning" from Eureka Springs PD was addressed in earlier posts, so I didnt want to insult intelligence among us, but thanks for bringing it up. I have the framed pic out in my shop.

Why you think UFO pipes arent what they are cracked up to be, well, I'm not sure what you base your opinion on, but I was only answering his original question. I guess when you spend close to a grand on pipes, you would get defensive too.

Kerker is the best.

Got it.

I have the UFO pipes, and I thought I could qualify my remarks by posting, because this guy has legit questions about UFO...

I read all the posts about kerker before I went UFO, I just didnt like the sound, thats all.

I am sure this guy has read them too. There's only about 1 million posts about how kerker is awesome and UFO sucks ass. I have the UFO, not kerker, hence, my response.

Chris

Hey buddy, I hear ya!. And like I said, everyone has their opinion. I was just voicing mine.

Chris, FWIW.......I absolutely appreciate what you do to make us safe and free in this great country we live in. Be safe and THANK YOU:clapping:

heres the raspy sound i dont like with the kerker,

but the comp baffle sounds awesome

The reason i like the ufo pipes so well is not only sound but they look great too. im not too fond of the can looking pipes

But......if i could get a set of kerkers with comp baffles that were duals id snatch them up in a second

Yep! That first one needs repacked! Yankee is probably using Ceramic needle mat which is what most exhaust can companies use now and it lasts A LOT longer than fiber glass.

The UFO is a good looking system but I personally (of course) would go with the Kerker.

I went from UFO to Kerker 2.5 baffle and don't miss the UFO system one bit.If you haven't heard the Kerker in person your missing out,the UFO system sounds like a V8,the Kerker sounds like a V8 with open headers

Ok forget the ufo wheel, id definitely go with kosman because of the price.

I have it narrowed down,

Kerker with comp baffle because of pure badass sound,

dale walker because the streamline look and a dual system but ive never heard a good quality sound clip of that system...

or possibly HMF, because shawns bike with the header wrap is BADASS looking, would love to hear it!

I absolutely love my UFO system, I've heard them all and the only one I think sounds better is the Marks. It's slightly mellower sounding......

Exhausts are all pretty subjective tho.......and we all like what WE like and sometimes think veryone else is wrong if they don't like it also....

To me I've never heard a Kerker that didn't sound to loud, raspy, high pitched and buzzy, but hey, that's just me.....

Or as my granddaddy used to say...

"it's a good thing we don't ALL like the same thing or your Grandmother would sure be tired"

i have the quads from cornell. i'm in the minority, it appears, of guys that have not had an issue with jon. before installing them, i had the whole system ceramic coated again including the mufflers. no issues with fitment, or getting them from jon. loud and grumbly as all heck both at idle and when crusing. i'm starting to think a pair of ear plugs wouldn't be a half bad idea. no more problems with people cutting you off because they can't hear you. no trouble with cops yet. seen several of them, rode beside them and some have driven behind me. they seem to just stare at the bike a bit and then continue on there way. very distinctive sound from your regular hardley bike.
(i have a hardley dealer close by, so i often make a point of passing by on the way home and enjoy the look on their faces as i rip by. i'm sure their thinking " there is noway that was a hardley".)
very happy with the system, aside from the part where i have to kill the bike at the corner of the street and coast into the driveway. don't want wake up the kid when i'm coming home late.
________
Og Kush Seeds

Last edited:
"How much does the UFO exhaust weigh anyone know
uhm00000.gif
"

Just a little bit more then Cornell,[that f==ken Mexican horse jockey!]

Latest posts

Back