UFO Exhausts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnblaid

Reaction score
Anyone have a set of the traditional megaphone exhausts from UFO?

I want to replace the exhaust system on my 1986 (pretty much shot) but I don't want to lose my low end power and I don't want to have to rejet the carbs.

I like the look of the UFO pipes and the "Quieter than stock" end caps sound good on their recording.

I have a friend with at 1998 and Kerker 4 into 1 pipes. All they do is move the power curve up so that the bike has no low end power. I suspect that most custom exhausts do the same.

I'd rather replace my stock exhausts but that would cost about 3 grand If I ordered new parts.

any other comments welcome.

Anyone have a set of the traditional megaphone exhausts from UFO?

I want to replace the exhaust system on my 1986 (pretty much shot) but I don't want to lose my low end power and I don't want to have to rejet the carbs.

I like the look of the UFO pipes and the "Quieter than stock" end caps sound good on their recording.

I have a friend with at 1998 and Kerker 4 into 1 pipes. All they do is move the power curve up so that the bike has no low end power. I suspect that most custom exhausts do the same.

I'd rather replace my stock exhausts but that would cost about 3 grand If I ordered new parts.

any other comments welcome.

Sometimes a nice stock exhaust comes along for sale here for short money John. How about a Mark's 4-2 with long cans? or a system with Seans can? 1/3 $ of a stock new system. You won't have to re jet. But, you'll want to. Sooner or later your carbs will need a cleaning and the jets will be out then anyway.
Steve

Your assumptions are wrong. Aftermarket exhaust do not kill bottom end. Aftermarket exhaust paired with a poorly tuned set of carbs with a stage 7 jet kit will do that.

I have UFO's with megaphone mufflers . Even with the SBD endcaps they are VERY LOUD.

Tons of nice OEM exhausts show up on eBay all the time.

I'm gonna strip the clamps off my muffler and use Cobra T-bone clamps on the entire system. They are better than stock anyway.

I'm going for a certain look. Kinda like Luke Skywalkers beat up land speeder. So I wanna retain as many of the original parts as possible.

LOUD exhaust keeps deer out of the way haven't hit one (yet) knock on wood ! although I can't hear right now .
I have the Quadzilla's on mine. The neighbors aren't very happy with me.:scooter 1:

My neighbor's daughter has a boyfriend. he has a Camaro. It's not stock by any stretch of the imagination. his tire rubber is all over my street.

screw the neighbors.

LOUD exhaust keeps deer out of the way haven't hit one (yet) knock on wood ! although I can't hear right now .
I had three cross right in front of me, in Newport of all places, last night. Someone is watching over me for sure. The sintered brake pads, Nissin calipers helped out too.

I'm putting a UFO Streepro 4-2 w/slash cuts on mine tomorrow so I can finally get rid of my "quiet" Supertrapps...

I love the way the UFO dragstar sounds at idle but its just too raspy at higher rpms for me. I like the sound of my Kerker best so far.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm already partially deaf from playing softball, lol. But I've got plenty of ear plugs!

Amen that! I almost feel sorry for the neighbors since now there's two of us with UFO exhausts within a block... gonna be fun on Carb sync days to say the least!

Back