UFO Performance Products

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordie

Reaction score
Had a wee look again on UFO website....they posted that they are saddened to announce to UFO Performance Products has closed...........

Bad news for all concerned.

Last edited:
Had a wee look again on UFO website....they posted that they are saddened to announce to UFO Performance Products has closed...........

Bad news for all concerned.

True....unless you were one of the people they were about to screw, as they have done in the past.

I hope they did the right thing and made sure all the orders in house were fulfilled.

About to? I had a phone conversation with a customer who is currently trying to get his bike back out of the shop. Was only in there for a week or two and still able to roll. The customers that had been there longer have shit torn all apart and will be lucky to get that back.

About to? I had a phone conversation with a customer who is currently trying to get his bike back out of the shop. Was only in there for a week or two and still able to roll. The customers that had been there longer have shit torn all apart and will be lucky to get that back.

That's fucked up Sean.....I wasn't even thinking about the people that might have bikes there.

I'm afraid that a bunch of people may be hurt before this is all said and done.

I hear a lot of negative stuff about UFO. It made me think more than a couple times on if I wanted to buy their stuff. I did right after John passed. I talked to Mike Lees and had nothing but positive experiences. When I first ordered my exhaust I did so prior to receiving my last active duty pay check from the military. Well at the same time due to budget issues it was not transferred into my account for 15 after it was supposed to be paid.. When I asked Mike to cancel my order and then I reordered it a couple of months later he still had it waiting for me and I got it in the mail less than a week later.. So people don't have good luck, some do.. Maybe I was just one of the people that can't talk bad about them.. I like every product I have of theirs-Fork brace, full exhaust 4-1 slash cut, mega phone with 1 1/2 & a 2 1/2 inch out let... and I won a 1' riser at thunder.. I know a lot of people with UFO parts that love them also.. guess it's just based on experiences. I have had bad ones with shops that told me they knew how to work on Vmaxes.... Ended up sending the carbs to Sean, they also did a shitty job with the starter clutch...

I've lost 3 bikes and I would stop at NOTHING to get mine back.

Mr. Blax, we regret to say The Department of Homeland Security will be a your door shorty, to confiscate all your weapons. You have been deemed too mentally unstable to possess.
Please have them all unloaded, or dulled up, or de-fused, or whatever the case may be. You will be permitted to keep your Swiss Army knife, for personal protection purposes.
Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.
Cheers, B.O.

Mr. Blax, we regret to say The Department of Homeland Security will be a your door shorty, to confiscate all your weapons. You have been deemed too mentally unstable to possess.
Please have them all unloaded, or dulled up, or de-fused, or whatever the case may be. You will be permitted to keep your Swiss Army knife, for personal protection purposes.
Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.
Cheers, B.O.
But what are they going to do with my badge?

I had a good conversation w/Jon Cornell shortly before he died, about how to tone-down my Dragstar 4/1 UFO exhaust, which came stock w/a 'balogna' tip. Jon recommended the megaphone in-place of the 'balogna' tip, so I agreed to buy one, and w/the two different endcaps. It took a bit longer than I thought, but I never emailed or called, and the parts showed-up, very nicely done, well-packaged, and just after that, I read Jon was dead.

The controversy over Jon Cornell's behavior seems to be like the Republicans and the Democrats: "either/or." He did OK by me, and the quality was very good, so I never was 'burned' by him. He very patiently answered all my questions when I spoke w/him on the phone, and I know of his history in the VMax performance community.

Hopefully, the people who had pending dealings w/Jon's heirs will get his receivers to return the parts and $ they gave the business.

From what I have heard, people have been getting back their bikes. Inventory pretty much already depleted down to nothing since Jon passed. I doubt there is much if anything to auction off anyhow.....Good luck to anyone trying to get their money or bike back from UFO.

I purchased a fork brace and a kickstand very good quality a little expensive but I liked the UFO insignia and the alien I lost the toe kick for the kickstand I emailed Mike Lees and he sent me just the toe kick for a very reasonable price our VMAX parts world just got a little smaller good news is we still got SM

Back