UFO Pipes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALMTY

Reaction score
A couple days ago I met a guy in passing for only a moment that had UFO pipes on his bike (2002 V-Max) . They sounded great ! Does anyone have any comment on the UFO pipes? I think that I might get them next month. I have the 2007 V-Max. Thanks:hmmm:

A couple days ago I met a guy in passing for only a moment that had UFO pipes on his bike (2002 V-Max) . They sounded great ! Does anyone have any comment on the UFO pipes? I think that I might get them next month. I have the 2007 V-Max. Thanks:hmmm:

You can check in the Product Review section, http://www.vmaxforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33 , that may help.

UFO pipes = $995 :hmmm:

Mark's Performance pipes = $829 or less if you want the blk ceramic coated style for $752. :) (Another Mark's sound clip) :clapping: :thumbs up: :punk: :eusa_dance: :coolgleamA: :th_image003: :th_party39:
It's a personal choice as both pipes sound sweet. There are others, Dale Walker racing, HMF (via Wild Bros) to name a couple more. I am planning to get Mark's black ceramic coated pipes and Sean Morley's seat this winter.
There is also one other thing about UFO and their customer service.....well, maybe some of the other guys can fill in their personal details on dealing with Jon/ UFO.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the feedback... I now have second thoughts. I am looking into Mark's now, so thanks guys. Seeings how I am a rookie at this biking thing I need all the help I can get. 4 months and loving IT !:punk:

That's why we are here!

I remember when I was all alone,didn't know anything,and had to depend on the dealers.LIKE THEY KNEW ANYTHING! LOL!

In the video/pics link that was included in the Topeka dyno drag post there were several very good sounding bikes. Sounded alot like my UFOs. Does anyone know for sure what exhausts were on which bike, maybe someone that was there?

Rusty

which bikes. I can ID most of them if you have pic of link to them.
I know all of our boys but that was only a small amount of what was there.
Sean

In the video/pics link that was included in the Topeka dyno drag post there were several very good sounding bikes. Sounded alot like my UFOs. Does anyone know for sure what exhausts were on which bike, maybe someone that was there?

Rusty

I'll have to take a look at the vids when I get home. I know one of them has a 4-2-1 Kerker with carbon fiber canister and 2 inch turn-down tips.

Mark

i luv my UFO exhaust system! it fits perfectly has no leaks and weighs alot less than the stock system did. i installed a stage 7 jet kit with pods and it picked up 10 rwhp with a tune thats a lil on the rich side. the sound is just out of this world :th_smilie: no pun intended :biglaugh: seriously though, i think its the best sounding motorcycle i have ever heard :worthy:

well, I am the guy who bought the UFO pipes on Ebay last week. There was a fit problem with the pipes but Jon Cornell is sending me all new pipes from the cans forward. Jon said he had alot of problems with his supplier and that's why he is doing it all in-house now. Also, he said all his new pipes are ceramic coated to help with discoloring. Hell of a guy, just busy.:punk:and IMHO they are the best sounding pipes ever put on the max.

A local guy, Jamie, bought some UFO pipes and have had nothing but problems with them. They were leaking around the cans and he sent them back. Jon had them longer than he said he would and apparently tried to fix it by putting RTV around the end caps (???). They still leak (although not as bad) and now the pipes are starting to get alot of surface rust on them. Jaime states that Jon is hard to work with and is generally an asshole. I would not buy anything from him.

On the other hand I have heard nothing but great things about Mark's pipe. Good quality, good sound, good HP.

Rusty

I took the video so I know what exhaust they were. The black 2003 (that's mine) has a Kerker 4-2-1 pipe with carbon can from Mario with a 2.25 exit.

The red bike with lots of chrome has a full Kerker set-up with the 2.5 outlet (it is loud!!). The red bike is awesome! 300mm rear tire kit, everything chromed or painted. Hand made rear fender, etc. Lots of time and money in the bike.

I had a vid of Maleko's bike but I was taking the videos with an old Sony camera and it would only capture about half the photos/videos I took.

A local guy, Jamie, bought some UFO pipes and have had nothing but problems with them. They were leaking around the cans and he sent them back. Jon had them longer than he said he would and apparently tried to fix it by putting RTV around the end caps (???). They still leak (although not as bad) and now the pipes are starting to get alot of surface rust on them. Jaime states that Jon is hard to work with and is generally an asshole. I would not buy anything from him.

I've been saying this for months...:bang head::bang head:

I called and emailed Mark 3 times and never got a responce... Dale Walker emailed me back within 12 hours...:banana::banana: Don't regret my purchase at all... Bought delivered and installed within one week of talking to him...:thumbs up:

I LOVE my UFO pipes!

Polished stainless WILL discolor. What everyone is saying is rust is surface discoloration, it polishes out very easily. The fronts do it worse because of road grime cooking onto the pipes. Marks don't do this because they are brushed stainless rather than polished.

I bought them for $500 from a guy that said they did not fit right. I had to "persuade" them on to the bike but once on the fit is great, just like a lot of headers I've installed they don't just jump on to the bike with no issues. Had I paid $900 for them I would have been somewhat dissapointed in the fit but still would have kept them since in reality they did FIT, the installation was just not as easy as I would have expected.

As for Jon, I've heard nothing but bad stuff about him but all my dealings with him so far have been just fine. He WILL NOT answer the phone and you must leave a message but anytime I've called him he has responded back in less than 24 hrs.

I left multiple messages for Mark (Marks Pipe) and he NEVER returned my calls. I gave up,

Not to thread jack but anyone got an opinion on UFO's slashcut mufflers? $200 for the single piece version seems pretty cheap! Not looking to really increase HP, just want the sound :biglaugh:

Just worried if I need to do anything else to the bike if you use them and/or if they are any good to begin with!

Back