valve adjustments HUH???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
:ummm: OK I'm no dummy was a mechanic for years out of HS. I've done many many valve adjustment s but damn I was replacing vc gaskets figured I'd adjust valves while in there and shit I have never seen or done these they look like a pita to do w special tools,disc needed. I guess I will bring my bike to a dealer to have them do it just hope there mechanic knows what he's doing. Anyone else come across this issue? Yes I looked in book also how to post just looks like a big headache :bang head:

It's not difficult just takes some time. At least measure your clearances while your in there. You might not even need any adjustments. But at least you'll know.

It's a 'bucket/shim' design, you need one special tool and some shims....not all that difficult if you get the stuff you need beforehand. There is a shim pool that gets passed around, you'll have to put a post on to locate it probly.

But, like Mike said....measure them first, you may be in spec. And if not save yourself a bunch of $'s by doing it yourself.

It's a 'bucket/shim' design, you need one special tool and some shims....not all that difficult if you get the stuff you need beforehand. There is a shim pool that gets passed around, you'll have to put a post on to locate it probly.

But, like Mike said....measure them first, you may be in spec. And if not save yourself a bunch of $'s by doing it yourself.
Thanks but the vcs are all painted polished & put back on bike. I did notice the front timing chain had some play is this normal? the rear chain was tight .
Oh and someone was in there recently they had new gaskets but pinched one installing it thats why I removed them cause of a oil seepage .

Back