Velocity Stack Screen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know a good source for some wire screen to put inside the extracept velocity stacks. I've been looking through McMaster Carr but its hard to decide on the gauge and the patten, etc without seeing it in person. I'm a visual guy and the images are pretty generic on McMaster's site. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

When I put screen on the tail section of my max, I just went to the local hardware store (Spenard's building supply) and picked out of thier screen section. spent minimal coin for the screen.

I still have some extra black heavy guage screen leftover you can have if you want. send me a pm with your name and address and i will mail you some

UFO makes slip on Bonnets for their stacks.

When I put screen on the tail section of my max, I just went to the local hardware store (Spenard's building supply) and picked out of thier screen section. spent minimal coin for the screen.

That is exactly what I did! first of all I had my diaphram covers chromed aswell as my stacks. Then I used black screen to offset the chrome :punk:

G

That is exactly what I did! first of all I had my diaphram covers chromed aswell as my stacks. Then I used black screen to offset the chrome :punk:

G

Sounds sweet. I got the screen home, then painted it the anodized red that the rest of the chrome is painted. It matched up perfectly. Then I mounted it in the tail section.

I think it looks better than just an open hole.

Attachments

• Max_Cobra.jpg
    Max_Cobra.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 26
  • P1030152.jpg
    P1030152.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 25
Maybe I am mistaken, but aren't these what they call velocity stacks?

Attachments

• v-stax-other-views.gif.jpg
    v-stax-other-views.gif.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 31
Sounds sweet. I got the screen home, then painted it the anodized red that the rest of the chrome is painted. It matched up perfectly. Then I mounted it in the tail section.

I think it looks better than just an open hole.

Nice Cobra. I'm helping my neighbor build his Factory Five Mark IV right now.

Back