Venture Driveshaft compatibility

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUSSMAX

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know if the venture driveshaft is the same as a '92 max driveshaft?

I have a venture parts bike (whats left of it)

I want to extend swingarm on my vmax but want to be able to switch back if original if i need to.

Thanks in advance

Russ

For some reason I recall that the Venture shaft is slightly longer and will bind if you try to use it. Sean Morley would be the guy to ask though.

I actually think the venture shaft is slightly shorter! Very close and easily mixed up if you aren't careful. We can either sell you an extension or you can guy a stock Vstar driveshaft (can't remember the year or model at the moment). It's 2.675" longer then stock and much thicker. BUT, it's also hollow like a car driveshaft. It should be very strong with that design.

Sean

so the venture one won't work?

My plan was to cut it, turn in holes at the end of the cuts, turn down an "extension " pc with pins with interferance fit to holes then weld & balance the shaft. Originally just wanted to know if the splined ends fit but if you have already extended shafts available

Sean, How much are your extended driveshafts?

thanks

Russ

so the venture one won't work?

My plan was to cut it, turn in holes at the end of the cuts, turn down an "extension " pc with pins with interferance fit to holes then weld & balance the shaft. Originally just wanted to know if the splined ends fit but if you have already extended shafts available

Sean, How much are your extended driveshafts?

thanks

Russ

Dude, don't do that, it will break.

I agree. I have Jedi make the extensions for me and in fact hope to start stocking more of the items he makes in the near future (after I get a few projects out of the way. Shoot me an email and i'll get you more info.

Sean
[email protected]

So Sean, the V-star shafts are 2.675" longer, are they the shafts you use for your 3" extended s/arms, or do you make them up custom to suit your extensions?
Is it possible to match the s/arm extension length to suit the readily available V-star or other shaft? I chk'd the 3" extension, but would prefer a 2"-ish, just for ease of tyre clearance and not lowered too much (less than 2").

The shaft extenders that Jedi makes for us allow for the maximum clearance as well as leaving a weak link in the drivetrain to break in case there is a problem (I have destroyed two blocks and would have much preferred to replace the shaft).

The swingarm can be made to use the Vstar shaft (we have one on hand) and will actually fit slightly better then the 3" arm does. I do suggest to use an offset shock bracket that can be sourced from PCW (and we can get it or you can and send it to us). That moves the shocks back to almost stock location. If we don't put the shock mounts back forward it will lower the bike about 2.5" in the rear with stock length shocks.

The star shaft is very thick and the notch won't be much at all. Depending on the wheel it may not matter much anyway. Most have enough offset to get most 190 tires in there.

Sean

Latest posts

Back