Video of me testing out the Blizzak Snow tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
Proves that with the right tires the RWD G8 with it's 50/50 weight distribution is a performance machine in the snow as well.

We got ice and snow yesterday, last night and this morning. We may have 5 or 6 inches total. Nothing compared to what KJ gets and see's I'm sure...

I had BOTH hands on the wheel when I took this. Of course the phone was being held with both hands as well...
smile.gif

It's rather long but it shows some mild acceleration tests in slush and hard packed snow/ice braking tests as well as a road test.

Keep in mind the front tires are about half gone. They were on the back last year... Oops... lol

Here's the video! http://gallery.me.com/cssmith4ever#100232

Chris

I am going to get a G8 in the next year or 2.

I wanted to get a GTO but couldn't talk the rest of the family into it, but when the G8 came out it was an easy sell..

I'm hoping to find a GT that will fit my price range..

We got ice and snow yesterday, last night and this morning. We may have 5 or 6 inches total. Nothing compared to what KJ gets and see's I'm sure...

Chris

Not this year, we don't have nothing as far as snow. It looks like we have got the same amount.

You can't beat them blizzaks. best snow tires out there. I reccomend them to the new people up here. it helps to make the transition to winter driving easier.

Nothing like transfering in the military from a place where you have never seen snow and ice, to up here. I have a few military friends that have a 50/50 take on this town. half hate the driving conditions, but it's thier first white Christmas :biglaugh:

In college I worked for Firestone Tire and was around when Bridgestone first introduced the Blizzak WS-50, the first multi-cell winter tire. People would come back into the store after a few days of having them mounted and RAVE about how fantastic they were. Even had one guy saying that he was passing 4wd trucks with his RX-7 on one particular snowy day. I am not sure if the compound has been changed, but the tread back then was uber soft and the multi-cell part of the compound will only last one season if you are hard on them on dry pavement.

In college I worked for Firestone Tire and was around when Bridgestone first introduced the Blizzak WS-50, the first multi-cell winter tire. People would come back into the store after a few days of having them mounted and RAVE about how fantastic they were. Even had one guy saying that he was passing 4wd trucks with his RX-7 on one particular snowy day. I am not sure if the compound has been changed, but the tread back then was uber soft and the multi-cell part of the compound will only last one season if you are hard on them on dry pavement.

Yeah the 60's have a silica compound in them like newer motorcycle tires to improve grip. My fronts only have 50% of the tread left as I moved them from the back.

I of course remove them asap and put my summer only wheels and tires on.

These handle like crap and I can light them up like no buddies business on the dry pavement (FUN) but in the snow and ice they are unbelievable.

Chris

Back