virago grabrail

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud7680

Reaction score
Yamaha Virago XV750 chrome grab rail - used

!B9IL5c!BGk~$(KGrHqV,!jMEzKSvPTEJBM45u+rQZ!~~_35.JPG

javascript:;Please wait
Image not available

• Enlarge

!B9IL5c!BGk~$(KGrHqV,!jMEzKSvPTEJBM45u+rQZ!~~_14.JPG
!B9IMB!wEGk~$(KGrHqJ,!i4EzMrfwTnrBM45v,PUi!~~_14.JPG
!B9IMGoQBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!k8Ey+jCw3Q6BM45vtl52g~~_14.JPG

Anyone know which year virago grabrail will bolt on to my existing (stock) backrest? I would like to be able to take off the backrest sometimes and just have a grabrail... :ummm: There is a listing on Ebay for one right now for 125.00.

I have both an 85 vmax and an 84 virago and I can't see how the virago backrest can be used without some modding. The sides that bolt to the frame is a lot longer

Nevermind. Just realized what you where asking. As far as I know 84 and up backrests for the viragos are the same. Not sure how they fit on the vmax backrest brackets though

To alleviate some confusion. Here is a couple photos of my backrest on my virago
4494844b-cab7-1474.jpg

4494844b-cacf-dede.jpg

The riser only will fit into the vmax backrest and not the vmax grabrail. The short riser which was 750 viragos (and maybe other models) will fit with some light grinding on the very bottom of the legs.

Sean

That looks like the correct one......I have found them for quite a bit less on ebay......I think I paid around $30 for mine.

I have a few on hand both chrom and aluminum, $50 for the aluminum and $65 for the chrome. Let me know if you are interested.

I might be interested in a aluminum one if there is one available for my virago

Should be interchangable between the Virago and Vmax (assuming you have the 2 VMax backrest side brackets). PM me with your e-mail address if you want pictures.

Jeff

As noted you may need to knock off the point of the grabrail to get the bolts to align. This lets it sit further into the notches in the sides. It won't be visible when done.

Sean

What type of backrest do you currently have?
From what you're talking about I assume you have the aftermarket one that also replaces the rails at the side of the seat, mine is the type that maintains the original grabrail

Attachments

• DSCN0425.jpg
    DSCN0425.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 26
  • ABA-1FK41-00-00.JPG
    ABA-1FK41-00-00.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 19
Sorry I didn't mention. I actually want one for my virago. So it should be just a direct bolt on

Back