Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first vmax when I was about 20. I had an '89 less than a year old w/1700 miles on it that still smelled like new, but I had to replace the frame (tweeked). Now I'm 40 and have a 2000 w/7000 miles that is in nicer shape than the 1/2 year old one I used to have. (Midlife crisis?):confused2:

I am turning 20 in early october.... way too fast for my age... :rofl_200:

just financed it on my name...

looks like us younger guys finally have some company!!! MDoe i didn't know u were that young..

Pretty tough to tell over the internet ;)

I actually get that a lot thuogh, which is funny because i'm 5'6" and don't look that old...

looks like us younger guys finally have some company!!! MDoe i didn't know u were that young..

I'll be 46 in a couple of weeks. I would love a pair of head gaskets and set of valve stem seals for my birthday. This is what you were looking for, right?

Do I win the prize for youngest? 19, sophmore in college. Bought my first GS450 at 16 as soon as I got my license and learned to ride on it(auto-clutch made that easy). Got bored with that after 3 months, sold it for what I paid, and bought my '85 Magna V30. Rode that until about half way through July this year, when I picked up my Vmax with 2 summer's worth of work.

The little GS450 "Suzuki-matic" was great to learn with, but WOT it did 80, the bike was beat, had a bent frame, tank and panels, and was overall a POS-ran pretty good though, all 23hp of it. Buzzy from high RPM's on the highway got annoying quick though. I'm only 5'9", and even that was too small of a bike for me.

The Magna was a nice step up...68hp V4, 6 spd, and it would TOP 100mph! w00t! I rode the crap outta that thing...over 8k miles in 2 upstate NY seasons. Never had to touch the engine or carbs, or anything really. Ran like, well, a Honda. I got 125mph out of it once going down a pretty good hill. Would cruise on the highway no problem, and around-town performance was very peppy for only 500cc. I knew V4's were the way to go. I was originally looking at upgrading to a V65, but I also wanted something a little newer, and honestly I was getting bored with the V30's performance also, even though the "baby Magna" smoked every H-D with 3x the displacement I came into contact with. Figured if I was going to upgrade, I might as well cut the crap and get the bike I really want, go straight to the top of the bike food chain.

So now I ride a Vmax, and I love this bike- dreamed about owning one pretty much since I first heard about them---"king of cruisers" "the ultimate power cruiser". Now I'm the proud owner of a REAL "Road King".

Crotch rockets never interested me. I like power and speed, but I also like to cruise and just take in the freedom biking offers me. I quickly learned that high performance was not just in the realm of sportbikes, and the "muscle cruiser" pretty much started with the V65 Magna in the early eighties....that's why I ended up with a Magna. Then the Vmax came along and just snatched Honda's cake right up, and proceeded to munch on it for 22 years. I'm still amazed every time I crack the throttle- limitless power on command with the flick of a wrist.

Ha Ha. Glad I did resurrect this thread. Always funny how everyone just idealizes the bike. I think everytime I start mine up I always get a smile on my face. I am sure everyone else gets the same.

I do love how I can hot dog around town, from light to light. Or strap my bags to it and cruise on it for 3000 km. Thats the exact reason I bought mine. Versatility. Hot rod and cruiser. Fits me right down to the ground.

Its funny isnt it? I think it really ironic...SUCH a versatile bike no doubt about it.It fits the riding style from the cruiser to the dragster to the sport bike (in some cases) and YET...There is no doubt in my mind it takes a special kinda person to ride a V-Max.

:thumbs up:A line to let you young fellows know i have a 85 vmax bought new in 1987 ride as much as i can still have it in vboost only 2 times i was younger then now 78yrs still going. Thanks..........

:thumbs up:A line to let you young fellows know i have a 85 vmax bought new in 1987 ride as much as i can still have it in vboost only 2 times i was younger then now 78yrs still going. Thanks..........
Welcome to the site, I hope to be still riding when I'm up to your years of experience.:worthy:

Wow! Finally someone on this site older than me..... I was getting tired of being the "old" man. :rofl_200:

Back