Vmax tank protector/pad

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
Does anyone make a tank protector designed for the vmax? Or something that follows the profile of the tank where it meets the seat?

Ive seen a leather piece that straps down the middle and has a pouch on it for a cell phone perhaps, but I don't know where they come from. Sometimes they're on eBay. They do make a nice clear plastic decal that you can form with a hair dryer like shrink wrap around the tank to protect it.

Ive seen a leather piece that straps down the middle and has a pouch on it for a cell phone perhaps, but I don't know where they come from. Sometimes they're on eBay. They do make a nice clear plastic decal that you can form with a hair dryer like shrink wrap around the tank to protect it.

That leather deal sounds nice. url?? No cell phone plz.:biglaugh:

I think I have one of the old tank pads around here somewhere.

Sean

I believe that this is the leather tank protector that you are talking about! The yamaha part number that I have is ABA-1FK49-11-LH. They also made one that has studs in it!

Attachments

• tank cover 007.JPG
    tank cover 007.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 100
I looked hi & lo for one of those a couple years ago and couldn't find one....anywhere. Do you know if Yamaha still makes & sells them?

I would imagine that they are discontinued! I found mine without the studs on ebay. I used to see them every once in a while, but not for a long time.

I think the one I have has the studs in it

I think Im interested.. Does anyone have a pic of the studded one? Not interested in the Rob Halford look.:biglaugh:

And since it ties down, will it slide around and scratch the paint?

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 55
Does anyone make a tank protector designed for the vmax? Or something that follows the profile of the tank where it meets the seat?
find someone in your area that uses 3M paint protection! My wife uses it for her business. It is a clear vinyl type material. They use it on car hoods , fender tips, mirror backs, rockers, etc. it is like "clear Bra"
It was originally use for the military for the leading edges of rotor blades on helo's. It is some good stuff, we use it on our cell phones, Ipods etc so the screens won't scratch! If you deside to go this route DO NOT! go with anything besides 3M brand. You will have problems with it. We remove the other brands all the time from peoples cars.

Gannon

I'm not going to lie, if I got my hands on one of those I could probably replicate it in some really nice leather.

Latest posts

Back