VMAX vs. Twin Turbo Camaro

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirPeasant

Reaction score
Vmax vs. Twin Turbo Camaro

Who would win? My son has a 2000 Camaro Super Sport that he has highly modified. It is a built-motor twin turbo with methanol injection. He had the car dyno-tuned at 757 RWHP. Keep in mind that is rear-wheel horsepower. It is over 900hp at the crank.

Camaro plus driver weigh almost 3800 lbs total. (really sticky tires)

I have a 2007 stock V-max I bought brand new 3 months ago and my fat butt weighs 285lbs with all of my gear on. I?ve only gone full throttle a handful of times in 2nd and 3rd gear and I admit that was only Rolling on the throttle. I?m an experienced rider but being new to this bike and slowly building my confidence to accelerate hard I know I won?t be able to get everything out of the bike that an experienced racer would.

This hypothetical race would be a rolling start from 30 mph and end at 100 mph. Do I stand a chance???
IF any of you out there who are capable of letting a Vmax perform to it's full potential were on my bike - would You have a chance of beating him?

Sorry, but it looks like your low 11 second bike will be loosing to a high 9 second car.... (1/4 mile estimated times) He'd probably beat you to 100 by a full second..... now this all depends on how good of a driver he is and what tires he is running.... etc....

I think Lankee would probably be your only bet (as far as drivers go) for winning this race.

ha ha

A 757 hp Camaro is gonna lay the hurt down.

A stock 300hp Camaro was good for mid 13's.

my butt o meter tells me the vmax power band is from 0 - 80 or so and then shifting to 4th the acceleration isn't as quick. so right there you're compromising 40% of the vmax power range.

My Camaro runs 11.6@117 on motor alone. (heads/cam/intake/headers/exhaust/4000 stall/tune). With a 150 shot I have run 10.4@128. I have 408 to the wheels without spray and 560 with spray. Add another 200 HP to that and your in deep shit. That car probably traps in the high 130s low 140's.

Vmax vs. Twin Turbo Camaro

Who would win? My son has a 2000 Camaro Super Sport that he has highly modified. It is a built-motor twin turbo with methanol injection. He had the car dyno-tuned at 757 RWHP. Keep in mind that is rear-wheel horsepower. It is over 900hp at the crank.

Camaro plus driver weigh almost 3800 lbs total. (really sticky tires)

I have a 2007 stock V-max I bought brand new 3 months ago and my fat butt weighs 285lbs with all of my gear on. I?ve only gone full throttle a handful of times in 2nd and 3rd gear and I admit that was only Rolling on the throttle. I?m an experienced rider but being new to this bike and slowly building my confidence to accelerate hard I know I won?t be able to get everything out of the bike that an experienced racer would.

This hypothetical race would be a rolling start from 30 mph and end at 100 mph. Do I stand a chance???
IF any of you out there who are capable of letting a Vmax perform to it's full potential were on my bike - would You have a chance of beating him?

you will get smoked. i raced a V-max in my Viper back when it was stock and it was a tie from 40-120 mph. he got me on the jump and then i reeled him in. if we would have race past 120 mph i would have walked him hard

you will get smoked. i raced a V-max in my Viper back when it was stock and it was a tie from 40-120 mph. he got me on the jump and then i reeled him in. if we would have race past 120 mph i would have walked him hard

Pics of viper!

My camaro with 383 and Procharger will wax the Vmax's ass everyday of the week (traction provided) to about any speed you want to run too. Not sure what the new combo is going to put out but hoping for 750rwhp with it. Probably won't make quite that much but we will see.

Sean

I'd say the biggest thing in this matchup would be the Camaro's ability to hook up. Even at 30 MPH, pushing that many ponies will bust the tires loose with ease.

As noted before, skill level of both drivers is the biggest variable. Although I think that skill level of the Camaro driver would be more crucial than of the Vmax rider.....because of the inability to hook up.

Back