VMax will not start

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my parts to get the starter put back together... hopfully tomorrow (Friday). So, looking to get back on the carb issue, I have been reviewing some threads about storage/ethanol problems. I think I need to drain the carb bowls once I get the starter fixed. I have never drained the carb bowls... can someone explain the proceedure for me? Thanks all!!!

There is a little black hose sticking out of the chrome bracket under each carb. Pull the hose out of the bracket, point it down into a container (NOT STYROFOAM) open the drain screws and thats it. The screwdriver in the photo is pointing to the drain screw. One for each carb in the same location. Drain tubes are also seen in the photo below the screwdriver.
shotgun4.jpg
ion.

Here is another question for everyone. I am installing the flywheel after the starter clutch repair and would like to know when do you know the flywheel is all the way on the shaft? There is a small amount of play on the shaft with the large starter gear behind the flywheel. Is that normal? The flywheel seems to have gone as far as it wants to and I have installed and torqued the flywheel bolt down. How do I know for sure the flywheel is seated?

Here is another question for everyone. I am installing the flywheel after the starter clutch repair and would like to know when do you know the flywheel is all the way on the shaft? There is a small amount of play on the shaft with the large starter gear behind the flywheel. Is that normal? The flywheel seems to have gone as far as it wants to and I have installed and torqued the flywheel bolt down. How do I know for sure the flywheel is seated?

Never mind... Sean wrote me this morning and cleared things up for me. Thanks Sean!!!

Latest posts

Back