VMOA Important announcement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kindly refunded his money and asked to leave I think is the politically correct way to put it.

Chris
Sorry, my bad:confused2:, Ive never been good at "politically correct" OR beating around the bush!

"diss" what diss?

I printed what I would have said to him face to face and we would have both had a laugh at it.:confused2:

Danny you're way to sensitive.

now thats funny this early in the morning hahahah

Well here's your big chance to run for president and change everything that you said was wrong with the VMOA.

Gary,

I'm glade you brought that up.

There really is not that much that needs fixing.

The first and most pressing item that needs to be fixed, is already set in place. The resignation or the President, Kelvin and the treasure, Ronda.

IMHO

These two individuals mislead and deceived the members of some very damaging information. That being . . . the accounting mess that was uncovered when the old Treasure Scott (RIP) died. This isn't about Scott, Good guy just a bad accountant. This is about Ronda misleading the members.

When the issue was brought up by several individuals, me being one of them, I was slandered in the V-Boost and thrown out of the club. This was done By Kelvin and Ronda. Ronda couldn't take the heat I was bring on and demanded something be done! So it was brought to a vote by the directors and out I went.

Very honorable great bunch of guys.

Now the VMOA is crying poverty, I wonder why? Can't account for some funds? Over paying for the V-Boost? Nooo that couldn't be the reason.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything will change after the vote, but time will tell

Of course, IMHO

I had dinner with Kelvin (after this came up) and he had NO problems talking about how huge a mess it was. I didn't ask or anything. I believe he brought it up.

I am ALL for new blood but I think Kelvin is a great guy. Fixing money issues takes a certain kind of person. Hopefully the next person will understand that and get to the bottom of it. I believe Kelvin has done his best to resolve the issue that was created under his leadership. Like with most things, it won't happen over night unless some VERY nice person, dumps a butt load of cash into the coffers just to be nice.

Just... MO

Chris

I had dinner with Kelvin (after this came up) and he had NO problems talking about how huge a mess it was. I didn't ask or anything. I believe he brought it up.

I am ALL for new blood but I think Kelvin is a great guy. Fixing money issues takes a certain kind of person. Hopefully the next person will understand that and get to the bottom of it. I believe Kelvin has done his best to resolve the issue that was created under his leadership. Like with most things, it won't happen over night unless some VERY nice person, dumps a butt load of cash into the coffers just to be nice.

Just... MO

Chris

Ya he brought it up unsolicited . . .Ok sure. Whatever

"Fixing money issues takes a certain kind of person" ya one with half a brain.

Sorry Chris I just think your full of s h * t, but that's just my opinion.

Gary,

I'm glade you brought that up.

There really is not that much that needs fixing.

The first and most pressing item that needs to be fixed, is already set in place. The resignation or the President, Kelvin and the treasure, Ronda.

IMHO

These two individuals mislead and deceived the members of some very damaging information. That being . . . the accounting mess that was uncovered when the old Treasure Scott (RIP) died. This isn't about Scott, Good guy just a bad accountant. This is about Ronda misleading the members.

When the issue was brought up by several individuals, me being one of them, I was slandered in the V-Boost and thrown out of the club. This was done By Kelvin and Ronda. Ronda couldn't take the heat I was bring on and demanded something be done! So it was brought to a vote by the directors and out I went.

Very honorable great bunch of guys.

Now the VMOA is crying poverty, I wonder why? Can't account for some funds? Over paying for the V-Boost? Nooo that couldn't be the reason.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything will change after the vote, but time will tell

Of course, IMHO

Ya Know that Bob is right about Why he as asked to leave I know 2 directors did not vote to get him out so it was the Click that did him in , I left with Gary S as nothing could be done or moved through with Kelvin and Steve (yea Steve post this up on the Vmoa Form so I cant bad mouth you ya Meggot) Jimmy I really hope you can work things out and that the underhanded way things have been done will stop.( sign a 2 year contract with Steve without a vote) Look, a open election would be a good thing , Not haveing the president call ya up and try to tell ya who to vote for like was done to some of us , Yes Jimmy I voted for you not because Kelvin asked (he did) but because your someone willing to help ,All i can tell you is run the Vmoa as a company not a friend helps friend out scam and it will work. You need to get bids and find to best price ,also think about going paperless on the Vboost after Steve has been outed it will save a ton of money just on the mailing alone (good Luck)

Mark Rooney

:twocents: I for one don't follow the politics of the VMOA, I guess I really never thought about it, or cared. I just like being a member because I felt it supports the Vmax motorcycle community. I have nothing bad to say about any member I have met through the VMOA and I hope it all goes well for the organization. It seems like a lot of drama just to keep something going that is so slow paced IMHO. I will have to put a little more thought into it when it comes time for me to renew my membership, is it worth it? I feel like I should give my money to this site to help Buster with the bills, I don't give as much as I would like and I spend most of my Vmax computer time here. I personally think that most of the VMOA that are truly involved are on this site anyway, and if they chose not to be I feel that is there loss. Take this thread for example, the VMOA has158 views and 7 replies, the VMF has 469 views and more then 28 replies and it's about the VMOA organization??? As far as the Vboost goes I think Steve does a great job, IMHO paperless is the way to go! Sorry for the rant but I could not hold out any longer.
Chuck, VMOA #3551

Going to a paperless Vboost is an idea that has been discussed. But there are members who like having a magazine plus there are members who are not online. Those people need to be taken into consideration too.
Dave #3505
New England Director

Going to a paperless Vboost is an idea that has been discussed. But there are members who like having a magazine plus there are members who are not online. Those people need to be taken into consideration too.
Dave #3505
New England Director

Those who are not online ........... what % are we talking about here ? You can go to the local library and get online. I think a vote from the membership , majority rules , would settle this large expense once & for all. I also don't think local rides / shows should be paid for by the VMOA. If you live in an area that doesn't have a subsidized show or ride , you are paying for those who do regularly.

Those who are not online ........... what % are we talking about here ? You can go to the local library and get online. I think a vote from the membership , majority rules , would settle this large expense once & for all. I also don't think local rides / shows should be paid for by the VMOA. If you live in an area that doesn't have a subsidized show or ride , you are paying for those who do regularly.

Rollie,

FIrstly, thanks for your input. We have discussed this topic at great length, including looking at doing a version on CD-ROM for those who would want it that way. The problem is twofold, firstly we don't want to alienate those who have either dialup or no internet access. It is all fine and dandy to tell them to go to the library etc. but I think you would find that most just wouldn't renew memberships or just not join at all. Also, we have some technical issues with the file size to do a high resolution magazine online. As for subsidizing local rides we stopped that last year, but when we get he balance sheet farther into the black we will start again. This represents a very small percentage of the dispersements made by the club. Again, thanks for the input and I would recommend contacting your Regional Director to have him voice your concerns as well to the Board.

I have been a member for over 12 years (see my number) and would probably drop my membership if the mag stopped. That is the main reason I have stayed a member as there is not much else I consider a benefit to being a member. None of the other benefits really apply to, or are used, my me. :confused2:

I have been a member for over 12 years (see my number) and would probably drop my membership if the mag stopped. That is the main reason I have stayed a member as there is not much else I consider a benefit to being a member. None of the other benefits really apply to, or are used, my me. :confused2:

Not to bust your balls but $7.50 for each issue seem like a waste when you can get a discounted year of other motorcycle mags for about the same

Not to bust your balls but $7.50 for each issue seem like a waste when you can get a discounted year of other motorcycle mags for about the same

Actually I do want to support the VMOA. Just need some sort of justification to do so. The mag is that justification. I also subscribe to quite a few other mags including MSN which is $44 a year. When the VMOA website is folded into this one, it will be even better. I rarely went to the old website as it was just terrible to use and didn't have much traffic because of that. Hopefully it will get more use now and the VMOA members that don't currently use this site will get more involved.

It's NOTHING to get the mag put into a PDF format. I for one don't even remove it from the envelope. It goes straight into the garbage from the mailbox. If UFO is going to sponsor the VMOA I am thinking I will stop. I don't want anything to do with anything they give money to. I know that's shallow of me but that "a" hole took 600 bucks of mine and treated me like shit. I don't think it's right to condone such actions (I'm not the only one) by allowing him to sell to others. IMO the VMOA should be looking out for us.

I'll review my plan when it comes time. It's too bad. I've met a lot of great guys on the VMOA rides and what not.

Chris

It's NOTHING to get the mag put into a PDF format. I for one don't even remove it from the envelope. It goes straight into the garbage from the mailbox. If UFO is going to sponsor the VMOA I am thinking I will stop. I don't want anything to do with anything they give money to. I know that's shallow of me but that "a" hole took 600 bucks of mine and treated me like shit. I don't think it's right to condone such actions (I'm not the only one) by allowing him to sell to others. IMO the VMOA should be looking out for us.

I'll review my plan when it comes time. It's too bad. I've met a lot of great guys on the VMOA rides and what not.

Chris
Hey Chris ,I am with you 100% on UFO ,The StarVmax site threw him off there because of the same thing ( Took people for money and when or if they did get there parts they were very unhappy) I think that the need to pay for the Vboost and maybe some free parts for a 09 could have had something to do with his return to stardom

Dave #3505
New England Director

At my workplace each employee had the option to have a paper copy pay stub or an electronic one. Many people saw the paper copy as a waste so they opted for an electronic copy.

Perhaps when each VMOA member renews his/her membership a choice could be presented for a paper or electronic VBoost. You may end up with significant savings in terms of paper/print and distribution depending on how many opt for an electronic copy.

Blaine

Back