VMOA yes Or no

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a member. It's too bad when they redid the website they did away with all of the old info/posts so I usually find what I'm looking for here.

Hi Tony,

I know what you mean about the old forums. Being when the website was upgraded to a new (GoBadly) host along with upgrading to a newer platform made it impossible to migrate the old forum database since it was incompatible with the new system structure. It would have cost us at least $500 to pay someone to do the work due to its complexity which we couldnt justify the expense. Hopefully in time it will build back up again.

At least now we are on another new host and the site is very fast and reliable. We incorporated several new modules for our photo gallery, interactive chat, international language support for over 50 languages and much much more. It is a user driven site and we ask for suggestions from all our members as to what they would like to see on the site.

New member but will renew - wish Ky had a chapter

Start one . You can probably apply & receive a chapter leadership role. Not many want the responsibility.

I've been a member for a while but somehow my log on info was confused with anothers who was banned & I couldn't log on . The site thought I was somebody else. They straightened it out recently , but missed the last couple issues of v-boost mag. Not a fan of the digital mag , I like the hard copy .

Member #304 since 1997 but never have really seen any benefit. I like the Vboost but it doesn't show up much any more. I don't like the new site as it seems harder to use so probably won't renew any more. But, that's just my take on it. Spurs

Thanks guys for all the comments on the vmoa im very glad there were mixed comments on it.

Start one . You can probably apply & receive a chapter leadership role. Not many want the responsibility.

I've been a member for a while but somehow my log on info was confused with anothers who was banned & I couldn't log on . The site thought I was somebody else. They straightened it out recently , but missed the last couple issues of v-boost mag. Not a fan of the digital mag , I like the hard copy .

The web site has nothing to do with the vboost except for the digital version is posted on it. Only the past two winter VBoost were digital. If you missed two copies in a row, you need to contact the membership directory to find out why you never received a hard copy?

Not sure why its harder, the only difference in the old to new is the newer software we use with more benefits. The layout is pretty much the same as before all in all.

Just received my renewal. Like Jim as the Boss so I'll renew for sure...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dave!!! I am enjoying my tenure as the President even if it can be trying at times. Looking forward to a summer full of events!!! Hope to meet as many members as I can again this summer. See you all on the road!!

I renewed my membership over a month ago and stilled haven't received anything. Tried to contact with no reply.

Ex member #4860. Let it lapse for no good reason. Just like and get what I like here. I like a magazine but that does'nt make or break it for me. I wish they did more sponsored events or funded chapter events. I know I know, no money.
X member here #3019. Singed up in 2002 when there was lots of VMOA events in SoCal. It was great!! Then all the distrect learders quit for some reason,no more ride's.Then they took away my Vboost hard copy & raised the membership fee.That was the last straw for me :confused2:

Ex-member. Was in the VMOA for 2 years. One thing I've noticed about VMax riders is that 99% of the ones I met are very likeable people. If you are a good person and ride a VMax then you already ARE part of a club.

Blaine

Ex-member. Was in the VMOA for 2 years. One thing I've noticed about VMax riders is that 99% of the ones I met are very likeable people. If you are a good person and ride a VMax then you already ARE part of a club.

Blaine
You got that right Blaine. We got a great VMF social group here in SoCal. If we can all hook up for this summer it would be great thing. Just like the old VMOA events we had 10 years ago.I really missed those rides.:rocket bike:

X member here #3019. Singed up in 2002 when there was lots of VMOA events in SoCal. It was great!! Then all the distrect learders quit for some reason,no more ride's.Then they took away my Vboost hard copy & raised the membership fee.That was the last straw for me :confused2:

I'm curous what you mean by they took away your vboost? Only two issues have been done digitally, Winter 2010 and Winter 2011? Tell me, what issue are you referring to there? All other publications have been done quarterly as they always have been?

Last edited:
I'm curous what you eman by they took away your vboost? Only two issues have been done digitally, Winter 2010 and Winter 2011? Tell me, what issue are you referring to there? All other publications have been done quarterly as they always have been?
I must have almost 40 Vboost mags.When I learned that there was not going to be any more hard copy's for winter 2010,that was it for me.If they start printing them again I mite change my mind.:biglaugh:

I must have almost 40 Vboost mags.When I learned that there was not going to be any more hard copy's for winter 2010,that was it for me.If they start printing them again I mite change my mind.:biglaugh:

The Vboost is still being printed. The only reason those 2 winter editions were not printed was due to lack of content. As you know winter is the worst time for riders since its the coldest season around. Most riders park their bikes this time of year. You need to remember that the Vboost magazine is a member driven publication. Without our members submitting content, we cant go to print with less than adequate content. The magazine is horrific due to over sized layouts throughout the publication. We had to literally "fluff" the digital copies so they at least appeared to look halfway decent. For the most part it seems like its just the board members that are mainly submitting the content since its part of their duties as a board member. Now if we could get all our members to submit content as to write ups about their bike, their modifications they are working on or just finished, a ride they did or plan to go on, or any kind of story at all? We give plenty of leeway when the submission deadlines are, but it just seems the members just want their Vboost without participating in creating it a magazine to what it is supposed to be!

A MAGAZINE FOR OUR MEMBERS, BY OUR MEMBERS!!!

With that said, how are we to produce a magazine that every seems to bicker about to have a copy, but when we ask them to submit an article.......I surely don't see many members, if any at all, submitting anything. I wish all these people that cry bloody murder about the Vboost would put their money where their mouth is and submit content! This goes for any and all members! If we could even get 10% of our member pool to submit content, it would be an awesome magazine to read!!!

Let me ask you, during your membership from 2003 - 2011, how many articles did you submit for the vboost?

My 2 cents for the day........

:bang head: Guilty as charged.summer issue I will submit somthing,dont know if I have two cents,but I'll do what I can.( will it be proff read? I need that)

:bang head: Guilty as charged.summer issue I will submit something, don't know if I have two cents,but I'll do what I can.( will it be proof read? I need that)

Hi Rick,

No worries, that's why we have an editor that will proof all content and the VBoost is proofed by the board members too so nothing is missed. We all aren't perfect at writing, but all we can do is ask for our members help with submitting content. Leave the proofing to us.

Just to state that my prior VBoost posting was not addressing anybody in particular. It was to address the VMOA in its entirety.

If we could even get 10% of our member pool to submit content, it would be an awesome magazine to read!!!

Let me ask you, during your membership from 2003 - 2011, how many articles did you submit for the vboost?

In my brief experience with the VMOA I submitted only 1 (fairly large) article. It was not acknowledged. I sent follow-up emails to the editor asking if/when it would be printed and got no response. Hopefully the process of submitting articles has improved since 2006-2008.

Blaine

The Vboost is still being printed. The only reason those 2 winter editions were not printed was due to lack of content. As you know winter is the worst time for riders since its the coldest season around. Most riders park their bikes this time of year. You need to remember that the Vboost magazine is a member driven publication. Without our members submitting content, we cant go to print with less than adequate content. The magazine is horrific due to over sized layouts throughout the publication. We had to literally "fluff" the digital copies so they at least appeared to look halfway decent. For the most part it seems like its just the board members that are mainly submitting the content since its part of their duties as a board member. Now if we could get all our members to submit content as to write ups about their bike, their modifications they are working on or just finished, a ride they did or plan to go on, or any kind of story at all? We give plenty of leeway when the submission deadlines are, but it just seems the members just want their Vboost without participating in creating it a magazine to what it is supposed to be!

A MAGAZINE FOR OUR MEMBERS, BY OUR MEMBERS!!!

With that said, how are we to produce a magazine that every seems to bicker about to have a copy, but when we ask them to submit an article.......I surely don't see many members, if any at all, submitting anything. I wish all these people that cry bloody murder about the Vboost would put their money where their mouth is and submit content! This goes for any and all members! If we could even get 10% of our member pool to submit content, it would be an awesome magazine to read!!!

for your information, I did not know that VBoost mag was being printed. In the past I submitted two articles. Here are two photos of what I posted - I can't remember the dates, but I did try to help. (incidentally, no need for sarcasm!)

Attachments

• Cycle world show.JPG
    Cycle world show.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 23
  • ROCK- 6-27-09 BIG PHOTO.jpg
    ROCK- 6-27-09 BIG PHOTO.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back