VMOA yes Or no

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex-4608 here. Never saw this much " discussion" in the past concerning the Club so there are definitely winds of change or a renewed "light" as someone mentioned earlier. Getting this much discussion has got to be a good thing. Although the talk of smoking weed is amusing, it serves no real purpose. I don't smoke anymore but I enjoyed 25 years ago when I did and at my age, do a fine job of forgetting stuff without out its help!
I see this or next year as being landmark years for the VMOA and whether they will morph into the Club that is vibrant and attractive and thus well patronized or wither and die. I've seen many voices step up and I value them all. Many have no taste for politicking, bickering and name calling and would just as soon walk away from something like that let alone pay to be a part of it. All I can say is don't go or write off the VMOA too quickly. Yeah, I'm an ex member or unpaid member suggesting people to consider staying around. Why? I think this organization CAN be more than it currently is, it is trying, it may never be all things to all people but what group is?
I do find it funny or odd this discussion is more lively here on the VMF site than the "Mothership" site (VMOA, not Star). I found alot of points or suggestions to rally behind like dumping the cost prohibitive magazine effort, give guys a yearly commorative shirt for that years members, two or three organized rides a year. Whoever said riding with fifty Vmaxes at a time was tits is balls on and what I love. If you haven't done Boxenstopp on Saturday in Daytona you are missing out. l'd love to have had a free Dyno available compliments the Club for that event. Yes the website still isn't what it should be/ could be. I get the French Le'Vmax Club newsletter and find it better and I can't even read it! So in a nutshell, like so many others, I'm on the sideline waitIng for the outcome and hoping for the best!
PATMAX

Well I never joined but decided to give it a try. I'm just waiting for my membership number but I'm hoping it will turn around and I would love to meet 50 guys that drive the motorcycle that I have grown to love. Only time will tell and I'm optimistic that it can work.

As I have said before I met a lot of great people there way before I ever found this site. I am guilty of not visiting the site to much but I stay a member. I have met or talked to 2-4 people in the last few months that are really nice that have found me theu the VMOA. I will hang around & hope it gets back to what it used to be. I know a lot of people are trying hard to get it back on its feet.

Well boys -some change has come - I know for a fact that the latest v-boost edition was printed at a $500.00 savings and on heavier text gloss paper. So some change is coming. Granted I see the problem w/ the membership processing and it will be brought to the board. Also some other changes are being brought to the table. Yes the website needs work also - I see that light - I just hope it does not dim and go out.

Going on what I have experianced over the last 5 years with the VMOA has been very positive. The value I get from the club is the brotherhood, much like what we have here, but there is a whole other realm outside of the online community that is involved with the VMOA events that add to the experiance. Being a part of the online component I also get to enjoy some of the other benefits as well, such as discounts and Vboost.
Being a member of the VMOA has made owning a Vmax a better experiance, I will be a lifelong member.

Going on what I have experianced over the last 5 years with the VMOA has been very positive. The value I get from the club is the brotherhood, much like what we have here, but there is a whole other realm outside of the online community that is involved with the VMOA events that add to the experiance. Being a part of the online component I also get to enjoy some of the other benefits as well, such as discounts and Vboost.
Being a member of the VMOA has made owning a Vmax a better experiance, I will be a lifelong member.

Well put Brian :clapping: I've been a member for 4 yrs now, and I agree... "Being a member of the VMOA has made owning a Vmax a better experiance"

Well boys -some change has come - I know for a fact that the latest v-boost edition was printed at a $500.00 savings and on heavier text gloss paper. So some change is coming. Granted I see the problem w/ the membership processing and it will be brought to the board. Also some other changes are being brought to the table. Yes the website needs work also - I see that light - I just hope it does not dim and go out.

Yeah, membership processing needs attention for sure.

I renewed in March and have yet to hear anything at all.

I am sure/hopeful something will show one of these days! :eusa_dance:

G Man

Yeah, membership processing needs attention for sure.

I renewed in March and have yet to hear anything at all.

I am sure/hopeful something will show one of these days! :eusa_dance:

G Man

whew, im glad im not the only one. i didnt want to be a pain and pester... i know they got my money, the vboost came so im sure im still on the program.

lol, and im a chapter rep... lol

peace,
evan...

To both Gman and MR NST, I see you both renewed back in March 2012 and its reflected in the online vmoa membership database off our website. If you used PAYPAL, thats your evidence of payment and confirmation, but you should have received a renewal packet from the membership director? This is something that we are currently trying to deal with and hopefully will have it under control in the shortcomings......

I think all in all good things are happening with the VMOA as I see it. 2012 is a big turning point with changes taking place.

Stay tuned and see whats going to happen next!

Thanks to you both and all the other members that have faith in our group. I have been a member since back in 2001 and I have no plans of terminating my membership......

VMOA#2742 I enjoy it very much. I look forward to the VBOOST mag. and the events are also good. THANKS VMOA Doug J. Bel Air Md.

There's no right/wrong answer to this question. It is up to the user to decide. Dealing strictly on tangibles, I feel that this website provides all the community, ride info, tech info, dealer discounts, pics, jokes, and stories I need. I bought very little from the VMOA store when I was a member and the VBoost didn't really do anything for me.

Join one club, several clubs, or none at; if it gives you a better motorcycling experience then more power to you.

Blaine

I signed up earlier in the week and haven't heard anything yet. It says 7 days or so before worrying, but I'm worrying now. Anybody else had a lag in the initial sign up?

Hi Zack,

I will take a look at your membership for you and follow up. We are in the process of revamping the way our membership process works and good things are in the horizon in the upcoming months.

Mike Moore
VMOA Webmaster
MD Chapter Leader

I signed up earlier in the week and haven't heard anything yet. It says 7 days or so before worrying, but I'm worrying now. Anybody else had a lag in the initial sign up?

Thanks for checking it out. I know you're all volunteers and somewhere down the line conversations need to be had and papers need to be pushed. I'm just antsy lol

Zack, no worries. I just sent a message off to the membership director and will push to have it completed by weekend out! Welcome aboard!

Mike

Thanks for checking it out. I know you're all volunteers and somewhere down the line conversations need to be had and papers need to be pushed. I'm just antsy lol

Zack, no worries. I just sent a message off to the membership director and will push to have it completed by weekend out! Welcome aboard!

Mike

Hi all. I see there are some issues with signing up in the VMOA. Well I just paid today and got my new Member #2776. I am not able to log into the club, it is wanting my password, but I do not have one, and am wondering if I did something wrong or what I need to do. can anyone tell me how to log into the VMOA?

Hi all. I see there are some issues with signing up in the VMOA. Well I just paid today and got my new Member #2776. I am not able to log into the club, it is wanting my password, but I do not have one, and am wondering if I did something wrong or what I need to do. can anyone tell me how to log into the VMOA?

Hi Chuck,

As you know, I have been in close contact with you and we did resolve your issue last night together.

Now when members join, they get an email to go and register for a website userID at:

http://www.vmoa.net/modules/profile/register.php

which grants the access to the website for our VMOA members. We had an issue with our registration automated process that has since been resolved which was pointed out by Chuck. Problems come unexpected and we fixed them once known immediately.

Thanks for renewing with the VMOA and again, let me know if you have any further questions.

Back