Vrod Headlight Mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I have been checking out the Vrod mods and have a couple of questions.
1) What are the modifications to the stock wiring you have to do to do this mod?
2) Will the HID kit for a stock headight work in this headlight?

Brian,
Like Mike said you don't need any mods with this light, it is much brighter than the stock vmax light.
you will need to change the connectors, and I found that using turn signal brackets to mount it to your forks works great.
all in all its a great mod and simple to do. you can find vrod headlights on ebay for around $200

The bracket Bill used from http://www.whaccessories.com/Vmax Accessories.htm was back ordered last I checked and they told me a month from Germany so if you want to use them (they are a good option) put in your order now. I had to buy some brackets on ebay and modify them which was alot more work. As far as the wiring, I'm going to wire it today. I'll let you know but it looks strait forward.

The bracket Bill used from http://www.whaccessories.com/Vmax Accessories.htm was back ordered last I checked and they told me a month from Germany so if you want to use them (they are a good option) put in your order now. I had to buy some brackets on ebay and modify them which was alot more work. As far as the wiring, I'm going to wire it today. I'll let you know but it looks strait forward.

These are the fork clamps I used http://m.cruisercustomizing.com/clamps-for-lights-fairing-43-46mm-brackets/part/HH-57-003 it come with 4 clamps around $40. The pics, also shows brackets, but the bracket doesnt come with it. You dont need the brackets. They had to order it from the manufacture, it took about 2 weeks for delivery. This is a very simple mod with better lighting & style. This is the light Yamaha should have used on our beloved Vmax from the get go.

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 131
Thanks guys, just what I needed to know. I have a 55w HID setup I bought to upgrade my stock headlight but not sure I want to now. I already have a 55/ 100 bulb with relays for low and high which puts out some great light on high and a little better than stock on low but want a new look.
I've looked at the MT03 but it sticks out a little more than the Vrod does. I'll have a bunch of stuff to do before riding season hits so I'll bide my time to try to find the steal of a deal on a Vrod headlight.

I see it has two bulbs and 2 connectors/ bulb sockets, are they seperate high/ low bulbs or is one a "parking lamp" style bulb? I'm thinking I would retain my current relay's to get the max power to the headlight.
$(KGrHqZ,!pQFD8e95s+hBRL+0Fhc+!~~60_14.jpg $(KGrHqR,!j!FESeF0V0-BRL+0hyzP!~~60_12.jpg

two bulbs, one for high beam and the other for low beam. I didn't use a relay, and its fine without one

There are three bulbs in mine. A H9 high, and H11 low, and another little bulb that I am going to wire in with the H11 low. Mine works with no relays. It is definitely brighter than stock but a HID upgrade is always a good thing.

Latest posts

Back