Waffle House Observation....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Lawman, I don't know where to go with that story! Must not have been one of the more "respectable" WHs.
Hey Cowboy, do you make a regular run to Punta Gorda. That's my backyard!
I'll still eat there but stay away from Lawmans locale.

I used to go to Naples every week. But my customer hasn't been buying much down there this past year. I'm lucky if I get down there once every 4-5 months now.

LIVE! From tiny buttons on my tapatalk. HEEEEAR'S COWBOY.

Really, Any restaurant is only as good as the people working there. I'd never step foot in that first restaurant again.:puke:

Agreed. Im sure they are not all as bad as these too. But after these two experiences, i just cant bring myself to go to anymore of them. My girlfriend had some bad experiences herself. Cant remember what she said happened but she refuses to go either.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Im sure they are not all as bad as these too. But after these two experiences, i just cant bring myself to go to anymore of them. My girlfriend had some bad experiences herself. Cant remember what she said happened but she refuses to go either.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

You and your girlfriend probably just got higher standards than me. :rofl_200:

I grew up in Buzzard Roost, Mississippi -- yep real name -- I'd be lying if I denied that there's more than a few Jeff Foxworthy jokes that apply to me. :)

Was just at an ihop in st. Pete beach, fl. Grease and coffee grounds (i think) all over the creamers. Old coffee still on the mug from the last few guests. Silverware all nasty. Went with my wife, kids, my parents and sister so they sat us at 2 different tables with 2 different servers. Moms table was the same issues with the added bonus of greasy black shit that got on her hand from the bottom of the plate when she moved it. Passed about a dozen waffle houses cruzing down 4 from Orlando, each time shouting "waffle house" in a "hump day" voice.. Was a fitting start to our last day on vacation, as it poured rain spoiling our plans for a day on the beach. W H isn't a 5 star establishment, but I never had a problem with my plates, silverware or food.

Attachments

• IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 14
There is a waffle house half a block from the hotel that i always stay at when traveling for business....Its great....fast....and cheap....what else could you want?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Was just at an ihop in st. Pete beach, fl. Grease and coffee grounds (i think) all over the creamers. Old coffee still on the mug from the last few guests. Silverware all nasty. Went with my wife, kids, my parents and sister so they sat us at 2 different tables with 2 different servers. Moms table was the same issues with the added bonus of greasy black shit that got on her hand from the bottom of the plate when she moved it. Passed about a dozen waffle houses cruzing down 4 from Orlando, each time shouting "waffle house" in a "hump day" voice.. Was a fitting start to our last day on vacation, as it poured rain spoiling our plans for a day on the beach. W H isn't a 5 star establishment, but I never had a problem with my plates, silverware or food.

I would report that to IHOP. I guarantee they will do something about that even if it is a franchisee. I've never seen that in a national restaurant, just in hole-in-the-walls.

Anyone in the Rochester NY area (home of COO!) is familiar with Nick Tahou's. Open all night and where you go after a night of carousing to get some satisfying food. Healthy? Not so-much. In its defense, read what diners say on yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/nick-tahou-hots-rochester

Any trip I make to Rochester I always make it to Nick Tahou's. I should have a milestone high school reunion coming-up this summer.

Well here eating at my favourite one....just on the Lafayette side of I49 and I10.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

I'm flying down to florida on friday. Bringing a guys car from Zephyrhills Fl back to NY. I'll be driving Saturday and Sunday. There's a good chance that I'll be having my Easter dinner at the Waffle house:eusa_dance:

Got home this afternoon from my Florida to NY trip. I hit the Waffle house on I 77 in Jonesville, Just outside Charlotte NC, saturday night.. Figured I'd stop at that one. Shortly after that, you start running out of Waffle houses. Just like all the rest. It had all the same players. I got a kick out of the big "welcome to the waffle House" greeting. While I was waiting for my food, I was looking around the place, reading the signs. They had the Typical no shirt, no shoes, no service, but then I saw another sign that grabbed my attention. No fire arms allowed on premises. I had no Idea that the waffle house was a gun free zone:confused2::eusa_dance: I still felt safe there though. One of the waiters was 6'2 probably 300 lbs. He moved a little slow though:biglaugh: Hit the golden corral in Erie Pa for Easter dinner.

Have a safe trip & enjoy the waffle house:biglaugh:

Wish I could have stopped over Kyle. I was only in Florida long enough to get a nights sleep. Got in at 7pm and started back to NY at 6:30 AM. Had a good trip.

Latest posts

Back