Weave/Wobble and radial rims

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you expeienced a high speed weave or wobble while running radials?

• Wobble with radials (braced swingarm)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weave with radials (braced swingarm)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

98Redlne

Reaction score
There is a thread going on in the suspension forum dealing with the cause of the dreaded weave and or wobble that the VMax seems to be prone to.

I am hoping to get some form of consensus from the guys running radial rims as to whether or not they have ever experienced a weave or wobble at highway speeds after changing over to radials.

Last edited:
No sir I have have never had a wobble or weave after going to radials. Changed out my steering head bearings when I made the change over as well as the old ones were worn out. Now that I have radials, usd front end, AND a HyperPro steering damper I should be safe....

Absoulutly no any wobble with radials.
I use to run mixed tyres, radial rear and bias front.
I can say that changing the rear only will make a hudge diffrence even with stock front wheel.
Front wheel is not that important.

Just my 2 cents, no option for me in the poll.

I've had wobble once, before figuring out the correct springs and oil for my usd setup.

There is a thread going on in the suspension forum dealing with the cause of the dreaded weave and or wobble that the VMax seems to be prone to.

I am hoping to get some form of consensus from the guys running radial rims as to whether or not they have ever experienced a weave or wobble at highway speeds after changing over to radials.

Shouldn't you have an option for " radials wirh no weave " ? It would give you an idea how many of us run radials .

Edit : O.K. , there is no option for having no problems with radials in the poll, so I vote no .

Last edited:

Never had a issue...no weave and or wobble form radial tires. Went through 6 rear tires and 2 front tires never a problem.

That is... after I changed my steering neck bearing and set it right.:confused2:

Last edited:
no problem with the radials ,,use good tires and u should have no problem ..

I had stock front and rear radial,no problems and then both radials with Bridgestone battleaxes and still no problems.I love radials:eusa_dance: Cheers Kevman.

No problems with radials, however I didn't have that problem with the bias ply tires either.

Latest posts

Back