Well, boys and girls, today the fox is guarding the hen house

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK but to illustrate that you pointed to 6 guys who were under the thumb of Al Qaeda and had actively attended their brain washing camps. They are a radical cult bastardizing typical mainstream Islam teachings. If you don't think that's true that is fine, but a great many mainstream Muslim scholars and politicians would disagree with you.

:edit:
Teachings in all major texts exists that can be spun one way or another. Some people have tried to use Revelation 2:22-2:24... specifically 2:23 and interpret it as Jesus advocating abortion. That's hardly mainstream and is a purposeful misinterpretation, but people have taken that text and used it to justify their cause claiming to be good Christians the whole time.

:edit 2:
I recognize I've entered a bit of a hot zone. I'm bailing out here guys. Personal disclaimer: I don't personally recognize the above cite as anything of the sort if that wasn't clear. My point is just to recognize that context is everything, and small orgs of a whole that have an agenda are not the best view of an entire faith. I won't be driving on this point any further and you either agree or disagree as I've stated it.

All old school religious texts have their share of wicked info and out of date teachings. Modern teachings based on them, and the culture's interpretation of their meanings to apply to modern society is significantly more important than the text to-the-letter itself.

Some take the bad in the text, or purposefully twist their meanings and run with it. See: David Koresh, Timothy McVeigh, Charles Manson, etc.

I don't want to be held to the same standard as any psycho falsely representing my religion and so I don't do that to others. 2.1 billion people identify as Muslim in this world, and while I don't I'm not going to stamp them all as shitbags.

For example : Muslims in homeland security posts didn't seem to stop the death of Bin Laden or a slew of drone strikes and assassinations over the first term.

I agree. I also support the implementation of sharia law here in the US. At least that a reasonable aspect of Islam.

Latest posts

Back