Well.... just bought some carbs.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Off fleabay for $220 with a stage 7 jet kit and KN pod filters.....
$66 shipping, total of $286.

I figured a used set of carbs is worth about that, so if it really does have the stage 7 kit in it. Bonus I guess. But that doesn't mean it will have the right jets.

But at least I have a spare set of carbs to work with.

Oh Dannymax........ :clapping:

$(KGrHqZHJCwE+(uDJUw7BQDcqg8QZg~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16dHJGYE9noojjIsBQDcqoM!)!~~60_12.JPG

There was another set on there, but someone took a dremel to the air horns and not sure how badly they were damaged.

Todd

:rofl_200::rofl_200:

I dont think we have even talked, but why am I not surprized when I saw this thread lol.

Good luck with them. Me and my buddy just spent a few hours cleaning my carbs and I am still having problems.

$66 bucks shipping? What up with that?
Still a steal at that price if they have no boogered up threads or frozen screws. Pods are not K&Ns but should work fine and the rest looks like the real Stage 7 parts. I'm guessing the shrink tubing is just hiding some damaged stainless braid. Won't affect function at all. I've been esposing the benefits of having a spare set of carbs on hand at all times. One can eliminate a shitload of suspected running issues/troubleshooting if one can eliminate carburation as a reason for poor performance. Also a good source of emergency parts not to mention a good source of liquidity as good carbs sell easy. You done did good Todd.
PATMAX

$66 bucks shipping? What up with that?
Still a steal at that price if they have no boogered up threads or frozen screws. Pods are not K&Ns but should work fine and the rest looks like the real Stage 7 parts. I'm guessing the shrink tubing is just hiding some damaged stainless braid. Won't affect function at all. I've been esposing the benefits of having a spare set of carbs on hand at all times. One can eliminate a shitload of suspected running issues/troubleshooting if one can eliminate carburation as a reason for poor performance. Also a good source of emergency parts not to mention a good source of liquidity as good carbs sell easy. You done did good Todd.
PATMAX

You know, that logic makes damn good sence. If I ever have the extra cash laying around *read never* I will probably do this myself.

As far as looks go, I do love how the pods look, but I will be going with morelys kit myself once everything is up and running.... probably a winter buy.

Funny I realized they weren't KN and it didn't register till you said it.

Not that I am worried about it. I think I am going to keep the stock air box and I am in process of designing a replacement top lid for it. I am getting all fancy with this project, I have a customer that is a designer and going to have him cad it out for me LOL.

But I figured the carbs should probably only cost $20 or so to ship. I ship all day every day and I know something that small and light won't cost $66 to ship.

I am going to send a message on that one and if he isn't willing to work the shipping out, then I ll ask if I can send a call tag and use my UPS account. I figured $20 tops for shipping.

But even at that price, under $300 I figure they should be good to go. Unless like you said things are stripped or frozen.

Thanks
Todd

Funny I realized they weren't KN and it didn't register till you said it.

Not that I am worried about it. I think I am going to keep the stock air box and I am in process of designing a replacement top lid for it. I am getting all fancy with this project, I have a customer that is a designer and going to have him cad it out for me LOL.

But I figured the carbs should probably only cost $20 or so to ship. I ship all day every day and I know something that small and light won't cost $66 to ship.

I am going to send a message on that one and if he isn't willing to work the shipping out, then I ll ask if I can send a call tag and use my UPS account. I figured $20 tops for shipping.

But even at that price, under $300 I figure they should be good to go. Unless like you said things are stripped or frozen.

Thanks
Todd

Hell it costs more to clean a set then to buy one so I think you made out on it.

The last set of carbs I shipped cost $21 to send from MI to CA and that was for 6 pcs.

I came up with around $14 to ship them using my account. I sent a message , hopefully he is good about it.

Todd

Hell it costs more to clean a set then to buy one so I think you made out on it.

definately.....they often sell for 400 and over.

i may source up a set myself. motorcycle carbs are worth good money. and most of the time easy to sell for a decent price.

Yeah unless these are really messed up, then worse case, I have a bunch of spare parts. But hopefully they should be good.

One of my customers has a huge sonic cleaner, I may take them over to him and let him clean them for me. I think he owes me a couple favors ;)

But I figured the same thing, a decent set of carbs is worth around $300-400. So even if I have to invest a little bit into these, I ll still be at the price of a decent set of used carbs, and I ll have a set of rebuilt ones ( maybe a little more money then a decent set of used ones, but I wouldn't guess too much more unless things are really messed up ).

Todd

I didn't like the story on those carbs, and anybody that's going to gouge me an extra 40 dollars for shipping is not somebody I want to trust and deal with. Good luck, I just had a bad feeling about that set of carbs. I don't think the complete story was given.

The last set of carbs I shipped cost $21 to send from MI to CA and that was for 6 pcs.

I came up with around $14 to ship them using my account. I sent a message , hopefully he is good about it.

Todd
I looked when he first posted them yesterday & ask him a few questions. I was gonna get them but was waiting on a reply about the high shipping. I told him what it should cost to ship them. Glad you got them. He told me all the AF screws turned freely.

K&N made chrome top filters and these look like them to me. Been a long time though but they look in good condition. An excellent buy and almost bought them but really have no need for them with the other million sets I have.

K&N did chrome tops a real long time ago then, because I don't really recall them doing that for quite some time. But now that I think about it, I think my 92 GSXR had chrome tops on them, but I thought it was stamped K&N into the chrome ?

Either way I just hope these carbs are good.

I did get an email back saying he would check into shipping for me. So that is a good sign. Its also good to here the AF screws turn freely.

I should have asked questions more, but I figured they are worth it in parts atleast. So I jumped on them.

Todd

Every Gen I Vmaxer needs a spare set of carbs. Just gotta rebuild the extra set I have. Your cost doesn't seem bad at all even with the high shipping...

I'm almost positive K&N had a chrome version but they are more squatty or stumpier than those that Python sells. I don't have both sets to stand next to each other. Not many other filter manufactures offering million mile warranties on their product. I cannot even say one works better than the other. It was more of an observation. Looks like they (chromies) fronts have factory breather grommets in them for the oil canister. That's nice.
Must be a reason everybody says go pods with a full exhaust system and rejetting right?!

Mine had to be drilled for the oil vapor condenser to fit in... Its the same as the oil canister...

Back