Western Canada

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoMax

Reaction score
I'm planning a Meet & Greet in Calgary in late Aug. Before I create this 'Event' I'm going to put this 'feeler' out there. The place has not been picked, but I'll promote it to as may people and shops as i can. I'll send messages to everyone on kijiji that is selling their Max in Alberta and ask them to truck, trailer or ride their Max to the Meet & Greet. I'd like to have a small ride, but not being familiar with the area, I'd like some help to set that up if the ride happens. Let me know what you think, and if you would attend. I'm hoping for the largest gathering of V-Maxes Western Canada has ever seen. Stay Safe

I just got an email from Riverside Yamaha in St. Albert. They have very generously offered to donate oil/filters, shirts, and hats to be given away at this event. I'm working on making this the largest gathering of V-Maxes that Western Canada has ever seen. If you want to be a part of it, join my group V-Max Canada, details are there.

thats soo awesome of them to donate that stuff, man i wish i was closer, sounds like i need a bike parked in alberta or bc to get to all these cool rides

Man, i need to get my passport. I would love to ride up there.

Yes, get the passport. Just to see Romax's bike would be well worth the cost. And then there's that scenery as well.....................

Attachments

• West tour 2010 258.jpg
    West tour 2010 258.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6
  • West tour 2010 247.jpg
    West tour 2010 247.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 6
  • West tour 2010 272.jpg
    West tour 2010 272.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 6
  • West tour 2010 275.jpg
    West tour 2010 275.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 6
  • West tour 2010 276.jpg
    West tour 2010 276.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 8
The V-Max Meet & Greet in Calgary is a go for Aug. 27th The meeting place has not been picked yet. I'll promote it to as may people and shops as i can. I'll send messages to everyone on Kijiji that is selling their Max in Alberta and surrounding areas and ask them to truck, trailer or ride their Max to the Meet & Greet. I'm hoping to have the largest gathering of V-Maxes that Western Canada has ever seen. I have been given swag from Trailside Yamaha in Espanola Ont., and Riverside Yamaha in St. Albert, Alberta to give away. I'll also have some copies of our VMOA magazine, 'Vboost' for those who are interested in joining the VMOA. I think a ride to Banff would be in order too. It's a short ride, and the feeling of rolling down the road with a lot of V-Maxes, well, it gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. If you have any questions or suggestions for this event, please let me know. This is the same event that i created with my 'Ro Max' facebook profile. Stay Safe

ya sure sounds like a good time, again no way of me getting my bike down there for it, well as of now.

gonna have to convince the south western vmax's to come north a little for a ride:punk:

I'll be ordering some stuff from the VMOA at 1pm this Thurs. If you want anything, check out there website at: www.vmoa.net and let me know. I'll have it all delivered to my place and bring it to the Meet & Greet.

Keith

I have contacted the Quality Inn www.qualityinnuofc.com in the Motel Village area. They have offered us a discount on our rooms again this yr. There are 10 rooms available for Sat. night. Evan from Regina is taking one with his buddy, Tara and i will have one. If you need one let me know, either for Fri., Sat., or both nights. They are on the ground floor.

I appreciate all the input for the meeting spot. I have been looking on google earth at the possibilities. I have decided to make the meeting spot the same as it's always been, the Petro-Canada gas station across from the Ski Hill on Bowfort Rd. n/w. There is McDonalds, Dennys, Subway, Robins Donuts, Wendys, and 2 Bar/Lounges right there. It's also easy to get out of the city for our road trip. For those that want to do a short road trip, we are going to Banff. For those that want, we will also be going to http://www.field.ca/yohonationalpark/ . We will have more guys other than the the confirmed on facebook, it's hard to believe, but not everyone is addicted to facebook. If you have any questions about this event/ride, please let me know.

I have reserved 4 rooms here: www.qualityinnuofc.com If you are coming from out of town, the Quality Inn has offered us rooms at a discount. If you want to book one, use the 'code' VMOA/V-Max Ride. If all 4 rooms get booked, you can still get the discount using that 'code' on more rooms.

Back