What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panels are not on the bike FootNote and all i had to do after riding season was wipe the bike down. It is a clean bike and im doing my best to keep it that way. Clean and mean is what im after.

Dropped off some parts for painting and others to be powder coated...... 3-4 weeks wait! UGH~! cant wait..........

I got the electrical test kit in the mail from sean. I hope I can get this stuff figured out over the next week even though I'm super busy. I hope it's just spark plug wires or something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Drug home this 85 today did not have time to attack it yet. That will be tomorrow.

Attachments

• 85 Vmax # 3383 001.jpg
    85 Vmax # 3383 001.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 85 Vmax # 3383 002.jpg
    85 Vmax # 3383 002.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 21
  • 85 Vmax # 3383 003.jpg
    85 Vmax # 3383 003.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 85 Vmax # 3383 004.jpg
    85 Vmax # 3383 004.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 21
Got a new battery and put it in the vmax yesterday that was stuck on a parking lot on post for about a week. After installing the battery it started up just fine but idled real low. Probably 900-1k normally and 2k with choke on compared to the 1700ish rpm and 4k rpm it was doing before this happened.

Anyhow I rode it home and it seemed good to me. *shrug*

Rode the piss out of "The Purple Nurple" today. Scared my ol' lady while she was on back, so she reached around and twisted my nipples (hence the new name of the bike). Day complete.

Disassembled the front radiator covers and shield and painted the grills red. I was a little disappointed with the color match I chose....it doesn't seem to match the 2005 color quite right. 2005 color seems more of a burgundy red than the fire engine red that I painted the grills. Sent off my backrest and luggage rack last week to Patmax for powdercoating, so now that the rear fender is exposed I can finish off the LED tail light mod by adding a light to illuminate the license plate. It never ends.........

I got my radiator covers from Kyle today and stuck them on. :biglaugh:

Also got some more $$ in my grubby little hands, so I poked my phone with my stubby little fingers and gave Mark a call and ordered an exhaust.
4 into 2 with 14" cans and turn downs, all black. He said about 2 weeks and they will be shipped. :eusa_dance:

And it's not even xmas! :nyah nyah:

got my taxes back...... wooohooo
Extracted stripped Allen head bolt on left exh. heat shield - used a easy out screw extract.
Ordered a SS bolt kit $50
ordered replacement dampers for side covers and rear fender
Ordered discs kit for the Supertrapp exh. $80
Ordered front fork boot covers aka gators - blk $25
Bid on some engine guards $70
pulled pass pegs/mounts of to refinish
pulling radiator off to refinish.....
pulled trapps of to refin....
masking off for frame and engine in frame paint touch up.....

Also got some more $$ in my grubby little hands, so I poked my phone with my stubby little fingers and gave Mark a call and ordered an exhaust.
4 into 2 with 14" cans and turn downs, all black. He said about 2 weeks and they will be shipped. :eusa_dance:

Way to go Bazwell! I bet it FEELS like Christmas!

congrats

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

Nice Bazwell :th_image003: Get us some pic's when you get the pipes on.

Back