What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished installing Morley muscle kit and synced the carbs. Didn't have a chance to take it for a spin yet but I did notice throttle response is better and the sound from the intake is SAHWEET!
Can't wait to ride her tonight :)

My ride got a good cleaning. It was trashed good riding about 1k miles in 3 days in the rain. I seldom wash my bike with a hose, but this was one of those times. It looked like I rode on a dirt track. Some pit marks from hail, but Vmaxes are made for riding.
Steve

Saw that bike the other day. The guy at the shop said the owner has crashed it 3 times in the last couple months.

Unfortunately, Billy has more enthusiasm than bike handling skills. His son crashed it the last time. I'd like to take it for a ride.

I was lucky enough to receive a awesome package today! Got home from work to discover my new seat from Sean arrived. I all ready had a starfighter seat but wanted something with not quite as deep of a cut and the styling that Morley offers. Anyways, damn this thing is top notch!!! Here is a pic for now but more to come. This thing is so ridiculously awesome and comfortable!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339122314.590399.jpg

Finally working on the Blue '90 . Been saving & storing parts for 6 months . We'll see .

Present state :

Attachments

• DSC02319.jpg
    DSC02319.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC02422.jpg
    DSC02422.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 28
Someone on the forum placed a link to an engine rebuild guide which I'm including here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdx_iH4l90g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

anyone have the link to part 2 or know who posted it??

I do believe that is the video that Damon made and was selling on eBay.
Not too cool whoever posted it on youtube. It wasn't expensive to buy, and there was some effort in putting it together.
I have the DVD and the followup carb DVD, quality work and tons of information.

Damon is a member here, I'm sure if you PM him he'll hook you up with the videos.

Last edited:
Got my caliper adaptors built & installed now it just needs to quit raining so I can try them out.

Attachments

• New brakes vase gaurds & hiway pegs 001.jpg
    New brakes vase gaurds & hiway pegs 001.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 30
  • New brakes vase gaurds & hiway pegs 002.jpg
    New brakes vase gaurds & hiway pegs 002.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 31
Notified Bikesponsors.com to ship my next item. Its a few different mounts and such for my GoPro camera. When they come in I'm going to set up a dual camera setup. Just have to figure out what would give me the coolest edits. So far, I'm thinking down low on the bellypan.

Used a wood burning pen to melt holes into the back seat reflector bracket. I bought an led brake/running light from motorcyclemods.com and plugged it into the new holes I added. My max is still in pieces at the shop so I have not installed it yet but ill post pics when its finally on and the whole bike is together( about a week and 1/2 out ) ... Should look really nice.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339360537462.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339360537462.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339360579671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339360579671.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339360951916.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339360951916.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 13
Back