What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my "86 should be here an an hr or so!! woooot!! im so excited i think i may puke:punk:

I finally was able to get Redbone out for a longer ride, 250 miles. I checked the mileage and ended up getting 41 mpg! I only was able to acheive this beccause I rode with a neighbor and some coworkers, all on big twin cruisers and on long staight roads so the pace was sedate, to say the least. When they went home I waved to them as I went on a 75 mile solo run to twist up the throttle!
Now I have a few rainy days to tear the swingarm off, bolt on the new braced unit which will enable me to bolt my radials on.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 33
I've been doing all kinds of stuff to my max. Installed some LED fog lights to help out with the cybermax headlight I have, since the cybermax lights are essentially useless for night riding. Also, removed my sport tail section and installed the stock (custom painted) rear fender and new grab rail with sissy bar and passenger back rest. Also, took off the big tree stump looking stock tail light and installed a LED tail/brake light. Also, installed a passenger seat and some lighted skull eyes license plate bolts that work when the brake is applied. I can also say without any hesitation that whoever at Yamaha designed the rear fender, metal inner fender, grab bar with sissy bar (the one you have to put together) and that stupid looking V shaped thing around the tail light, must have been on some heavy drugs or something, because that is a poor design that should have been all in just one assembly. I've taken all this apart and put it back together more times than one can imagine, while installing new lights back there and all the wiring, etc. What a pain! I've also installed some highway pegs that are mounted onto a chrome bar that mounts directly onto the forward frame and they look pretty cool and work great. This prevents me from having to install those ugly engine crash bars just to have something to connect some highway pegs to. Also, installed a custom VMAX sport flyshield, some carb covers, manual fan switch, and other things that I know I'm forgetting here. Oh, and I mounted my switches onto a carbon fiber switch cover that I bought (goes over the starter switch on the right side of bike) as this cover is easily removed and it gets the switches out of the way but also easy to turn on and off while riding. I got another toggle type switch installed on the under side of the left scoop which is a 3 way V-Boost switch which allows the V-Boost to kick in a 3K rpm, or at 6K rpm, or I can turn it off altogether. I have a 2005 Max and have 3 different configurations for it already, in which I can put it back to the original Red stock color, or change it to the custom painted black color with the sport tail section, or can remove the sport tail section and install the custom painted stock rear fender with grab bar, sissy bar and back rest which is the configuration I have now. So, I can ride the same bike everyday and people think I am riding a different bike anytime I change to another configuration. Imagine that! Enough for now. Gotta go figure out what I can change next.....

I finally was able to get Redbone out for a longer ride, 250 miles. I checked the mileage and ended up getting 41 mpg! I only was able to acheive this beccause I rode with a neighbor and some coworkers, all on big twin cruisers and on long staight roads so the pace was sedate, to say the least. When they went home I waved to them as I went on a 75 mile solo run to twist up the throttle!
Now I have a few rainy days to tear the swingarm off, bolt on the new braced unit which will enable me to bolt my radials on.
Those are sharp, who makes those? And do you have to have a braced swingarm to put those on?

carbs are off.....vboost not working:ummm:....what next:rofl_200:

at least all the pilot screws came loose...thank gAWWWWD!!!:punk:

Those are sharp, who makes those? And do you have to have a braced swingarm to put those on?
Why yes I do! But the creator of the extended braced swingarm already responded! You need to talk to Sean about what you want to do and he will make it happen. He can supply the very same wheels, in a variety of colors too! Check out his Facebook page to see some of his work, you will be happy you did as well as making the Mod Monkey dance with joy!

Attachments

• Dance Monkey Dance.gif
    Dance Monkey Dance.gif
    46.3 KB · Views: 13
I've been busy with Mr Max lately, damn monkey got me when I wasn't looking, stealthy little shit!!

I installed the Carr wheels, Mr Morley's 3" ext swingarm kit, KYB shocks, & led turn signals and tail light. Tires are Metzler's 120/front, 200/rear.

It's like a whole different bike!! :clapping::clapping:

Huge thanks to Mr Morley!!

Not great pics but will take & post more.

Just need to lower the front fender.....

untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled3.jpg

Looks great grimmie! Only thing I would change.. and its just my opinion. Since you aren't using the stock tail light/ plate bracket I'd cut the rear fender back about 3 inches. Sean did it to my fender and 3" arm qnd it really makes that back wheel stand out. I'll be posting pics in a couple days and you'll be able to see exactly what I'm talking about. Looking good!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

put on ufo drag bars the other day and some new grips. my little mirrors came today. i was sceptical about the little bar end mirrors but i love them....clears up my field of view up front and makes behind me way more visible...i am not a small guy so i have not been able to see the lane behind me until now...one before and some after...please excuse my mess

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20120621_162743.jpg
    IMG_20120621_162743.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20120621_162909.jpg
    IMG_20120621_162909.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20120621_162816.jpg
    IMG_20120621_162816.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 25
Tank - Bars and mirrors look good! Looks like much better visibilty.

Mr Max--That's funny shit man!:rofl_200:The problem we all know and hate!

Mike

I've been busy with Mr Max lately, damn monkey got me when I wasn't looking, stealthy little shit!!

I installed the Carr wheels, Mr Morley's 3" ext swingarm kit, KYB shocks, & led turn signals and tail light. Tires are Metzler's 120/front, 200/rear.

It's like a whole different bike!! :clapping::clapping:

Huge thanks to Mr Morley!!

Not great pics but will take & post more.

Just need to lower the front fender.....

View attachment 29810

View attachment 29811

View attachment 29812

View attachment 29813

Looks great!

I just picked up my megascoops from the painter. The racing stripes match my fenders perfectly.but the red really doesn't come out well in photos. Very happy, My max will be together very soon! Just gotta make a final choice on scoop inserts.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340340410139.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340340410139.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1340340427676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340340427676.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1340340459778.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340340459778.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 17
My 82 yr. old Mom likes my Vmax, but she shocked me the other day when she pointed out how bad the paint looked on my heads. I got shamed into a touch up. I went with flat black, because that's what I had handy in high temp. I brushed it on with a foam brush. I kept a thinner soaked rag handy just in case. All I can say is, it's an improvement.
Steve-o

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 19
I just picked up my megascoops from the painter. The racing stripes match my fenders perfectly.but the red really doesn't come out well in photos. Very happy, My max will be together very soon! Just gotta make a final choice on scoop inserts.

Nice, more pics when you get Her together?
Steve-o

Back