What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veronica got taken away on a truck. :bang head:

View attachment 34849

The same thing happened about 4 years ago. This time a girl was turning, and I stopped behind her, waited a few seconds, and then she reversed into me. :damn angry:

Last time it happened, the bike was written off and I had to go through all stupid shit to keep her, and ended up doing a whole pile of additional work, which snowballed, and took ages.

I'm worried that I am going down the excact same road, and I want to complain, and whine, and whinge to anyone that cares.

Don't know how long this is going to take. I hate stupid **** who reverse up without looking behind them. Grrrrrrr.
Baz, that SUCKS! Hope you get her up and on the road again. What kind of damage did she do to it when she backed into you?

Baz, that SUCKS! Hope you get her up and on the road again. What kind of damage did she do to it when she backed into you?

+1 baz, damn, if you didnt have bad luck....that sucks. hoping for a speedy return

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Thanks guys.

I was wondering why the universe would do this to me twice. Whoever is running this show should stop testing me. Friggin ass-hat. :damn angry: *shakes fist at the sky*
Oh well, shit happens.
The day she got knocked over I felt I had a breakthrough in the jetting. When I get her back it will be on for young and old! :punk:
And she looked pretty sweet on the back of the truck with her forks pulled down a bit. Woo hooo! :eusa_dance:

What do people think of this wheel? Should I hold out for an 18"?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4251813678.264382.282702488678&type=3&theater

I think if you are going to ride long distances you will be much happier w/an 18". If you use your bike as a short-haul hot-rod, that should be OK. You could always go w/the Venture pumpkin & 5th gearset to lower the revs, but splitting the cases if you don't have to...lotta work & $$ if you have to pay the labor.

Sean's price is right where you would expect for a wheel like that, maybe you could get him to give you a package deal on what you need for the repair, & get the wheel as a benefit of being inconvenienced.

I think if you are going to ride long distances you will be much happier w/an 18". If you use your bike as a short-haul hot-rod, that should be OK. You could always go w/the Venture pumpkin & 5th gearset to lower the revs, but splitting the cases if you don't have to...lotta work & $$ if you have to pay the labor.

Sean's price is right where you would expect for a wheel like that, maybe you could get him to give you a package deal on what you need for the repair, & get the wheel as a benefit of being inconvenienced.

Thanks FM and KJ.
Sounds like FM is saying I'll lose too much OD with a 17. I'd like to keep it close to original gearing. So maybe 18"... :ummm:
I also want to investigate the possibility of re-lacing a virago wire front to a bigger rim. I think the rotor mounting is the same. *slips off into daydream land* :biglaugh:

I have a Virago front cast 19" wheel & thought of doing something like the chopper guys are doing now w/the huge, skinny front hoop. And yes, I believe the mounting for the disc carriers may be the same & it's a two-disc stock. It wouldn't be for tearing-up the roads, more of a 'personal statement' different look. What with my sheared two-piece intake cam, now fixed, I had more-important priorities.

Two guys here w/hot-rod VMaxes, one supercharged & the other w/a big-block & Hyabusa valvetrain w/custom high-lift cams, (& Nitrous) found out that the stock 90 aspect ratio 15" wheel will allow a higher top speed than a 17" low-profile. Both built by Steve at Under Pressure, Dania Beach FL 33312.

Balance my front and rear wheels and install them on the bike. I bought a wheel balance kit off amazon.com paid $30.00 for it and it came with few weights. But I bought a box of weights black off of amazon paid $6.99 for them to.

I setup it up on a pair of old car speaker boxes.

Nice well made wheel balancing kit.

Attachments

• P1010936.jpg
    P1010936.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010939.jpg
    P1010939.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010937.jpg
    P1010937.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 15
  • P1010978.jpg
    P1010978.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 19
I finished up the turn signal attachment on the '85. These signals use small bulbs - not LED's and they still flashed fast. The fronts are only turn signals, just have 2 wires and no running light function - which is what I wanted.

I got a set of resistors on EBay, and after replacing all the wires on them due to real thin gauge wire and world-class Chinese soldering, hooked everything up. Every connection is soldered and heat shrinked. Everything also works fine!

I seem to recall someone on one of the forums complained that it was very hard to remove these bulbs, due to lack of space in the light. The way around this is to remove that tiny Phillips screw on the rear of the stalk part of the light, and carefully pull it off the internals. They stay bolted to the bike, leaving you basically the empty shell in your hand. Bulb replacement is a snap then. I bought some 5 LED bulbs to replace the t10 tungsten that are in the lights, and with the resistors in place, they should work fine.

Attachments

• 0323131416.jpg
    0323131416.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 0323131417a.jpg
    0323131417a.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 26
Finished off the morley hd oiler installation. Changed oil and filter. Welded two stainless bungs in my marks exhaust for my innovate lc-1 setup. Gonna polish the pipes up then re-install them on the bike. Got a lot done today, even though its cold!

Finished off the morley hd oiler installation. Changed oil and filter. Welded two stainless bungs in my marks exhaust for my innovate lc-1 setup. Gonna polish the pipes up then re-install them on the bike. Got a lot done today, even though its cold!

Someone's been busy: )

06VMAXIMUS;303747...Welded two stainless bungs in my marks exhaust for my innovate lc-1 setup. [/QUOTE said:
so jealous. i so wanted to do this. please show a pic and/or specs of the bungs. i had asked mark to weld some in while he was fabbing my set, but he balked on my request, because he felt the ones i wanted were too big :ummm: :confused2:

Drug all the pieces into the living room for my 79 Z50 & started putting it back together.

Attachments

• 79 Z50 R 008.jpg
    79 Z50 R 008.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 18
  • 79 Z50 R 007.jpg
    79 Z50 R 007.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 79 Z50 R 006.jpg
    79 Z50 R 006.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 79 Z50 R 005.jpg
    79 Z50 R 005.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 79 Z50 R 004.jpg
    79 Z50 R 004.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 79 Z50 R 003.jpg
    79 Z50 R 003.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 79 Z50 R 002.jpg
    79 Z50 R 002.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 13
@Kyle, that is certainly different. Do you have all the pieces to turn it into a runner again? Should be an interesting bike once it is all back together again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

@Kyle, that is certainly different. Do you have all the pieces to turn it into a runner again? Should be an interesting bike once it is all back together again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Still need to buy a new exaust & cables & a couple odds & ends & it should be good to go. Oh & maybe a big bore kit.LOL

Drug all the pieces into the living room for my 79 Z50 & started putting it back together.

Brings back memories, A couple months before I turned 4 I got a little, blue Z50, back in '71. :clapping: I rode the hell out of it until I was 8, then my brothers wrecked it.

Back