What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed my new-to-me full Dale Walker Holeshot exhaust system. Sounds frikin awesome and a considerable amount of new power felt.

It's ALIVE !!!!!!!!

It was the neutral switch acting up.
I installed the New Neutral Switch and it still didn't want to start.
So I tested the new switch and it showed as being bad as well.
But, I noticed it didn't want to go into gear so I took it off the center stand and rocked it back and forth until it went into gear and then back into neutral and it fired right up.
Now I need to add some fresh gas and re-assemble all the parts I took off and I should be able to take a short ride later.

Fresh Gas with Sta-bil marine Ethanol Treatment and it's running like a top !!!!!!!

I got back from a work trip to find the last few bits in the mail for my rear brake so I was able to finish up the bike and take it out for its first shake down run since the entire frame up rebuild. The PCW 1500 makes me giggle. I have succeeded in making something thats totally excessive and completely impractical. Just what I always wanted.
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
picture.php

It's ALIVE !!!!!!!!

It was the neutral switch acting up.
I installed the New Neutral Switch and it still didn't want to start.
So I tested the new switch and it showed as being bad as well.
But, I noticed it didn't want to go into gear so I took it off the center stand and rocked it back and forth until it went into gear and then back into neutral and it fired right up.
Now I need to add some fresh gas and re-assemble all the parts I took off and I should be able to take a short ride later.

Fresh Gas with Sta-bil marine Ethanol Treatment and it's running like a top !!!!!!!
Can we easily unplug or, by pass that switch without cutting wires Dennis?

I got back from a work trip to find the last few bits in the mail for my rear brake so I was able to finish up the bike and take it out for its first shake down run since the entire frame up rebuild. The PCW 1500 makes me giggle. I have succeeded in making something thats totally excessive and completely impractical. Just what I always wanted.
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
picture.php

Out standing :punk::punk:

picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
picture.php

How is the rear brake power wise? Way better than stock?

How can it not be...right....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the rear brake power wise? Way better than stock?

How can it not be...right....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure yet as the rotor and pads are brand new and not broken in. If the master cylinder is to small I may not notice much of a difference but it's a 298mm EBC Vee rotor so larger than stock which should be an improvement. I also used organic Carbon Kevlar brake pads which are softer with out the strong initial bite of standard sintered pads to hopefully help avoid locking it up. Time will tell. I've seen several other forum members with similar setups so I figured it should be fine.

picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
picture.php

Nice ride. You should feel very proud. Impractical / No way !!!

Thanks Dennis, I'm glad you're back riding. I'll dig into that and see. It'd good to know if stuck on the road. In fact, a thread for "what to check" when stuck on the road would be very useful.
Steve-o
Thanks and you're right, that would be very useful info to have.
The test for the Neutral Switch is when in Neutral there should be Continuity and when in Gear there should be No Continuity.
So I guess you could just wire in a rocker or toggle switch.

Thanks Dennis, I'm glad you're back riding. I'll dig into that and see. It'd good to know if stuck on the road. In fact, a thread for "what to check" when stuck on the road would be very useful.
Steve-o

For sure. You could also expand on this idea a tad, but including a list of "what to bring" as far as spare parts. Just things that will stop you Dead in the Water, such as ignition pickups. Things that even a dealer would have to order in for you, that would delay your trip.
I'm not talking about day trips, but long hauls, such as the one DaveSax36 has started today. On his way to Newfoundland. He is stopping at my place to spend the night.
Anyone know what this "Bro" likes to drink for refreshment?:ummm:

Thank you Steve, I can tell you I had kick ass time myself. That was the first time I've ridden with a another vmax and I like it. Can't wait to do it again. Christian

Last edited:
Nothing, still waiting on the seal installer for the 43mm forks. I have noticed a lot of things are different on my 90, I now know it had racetech springs and emulators. Still need to clean up Blue a bunch more. Crossing fingers for title this week, and to have it on the road for a ride this weekend..

Nothing, still waiting on the seal installer for the 43mm forks. I have noticed a lot of things are different on my 90, I now know it had racetech springs and emulators. Still need to clean up Blue a bunch more. Crossing fingers for title this week, and to have it on the road for a ride this weekend..

All of my seal installers are made from PVC pipe. Cut and split down the middle,with a solid piece to drive them with. Sometimes plastic electrical conduit works well too. It doesn't have to contact the seal 100%.

picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
picture.php

OK, what do we have in store for the seat now?

I think I scared the Harley Guys at a local Bike Night a bit. Notice how far away they parked.
I just thought it was funny. About 5 or 6 Harley guys pulled in together and one was going to park right next to me but his friend on a V-Rod told him to move.
I just laughed. ;)

Attachments

• DSCF5734.jpg
    DSCF5734.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 35
I think I scared the Harley Guys at a local Bike Night a bit. Notice how far away they parked.
I just thought it was funny. About 5 or 6 Harley guys pulled in together and one was going to park right next to me but his friend on a V-Rod told him to move.
I just laughed. ;)

Iven the Harleys have to respect THE MAX!

Back