What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the fuel switch on "on" or "reserve", also if you switch it to reserve does it make a difference?

it was on reserve, that is where I always leave it, got lots of bubbles in the fuel line when he pump is clicking. no gas leaks

fuel tank is clean, I split the old filter and it was pretty clean, got gas in the tank, cannot figure out where the air is comiing from

I completed my very first carb sync!

Took Zveruga for a ride and can certainly see why people become syncaholics....

Nice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removed Super Trapps and put stock back on.

But what I really did was ride it. I have sudden hearing loss that has also affected my sense of balance so I was afraid that it would be an end to my riding. So I rode it around in parking lots weaving around parked cars, on city streets, and on the freeway, with no problems at all. Since I am still a little unsteady on my feet, the mechanism of riding a two wheeled vehicle must be different in some way.

Enough of my sob story, I rode it, I rode it!

Removed Super Trapps and put stock back on.

But what I really did was ride it. I have sudden hearing loss that has also affected my sense of balance so I was afraid that it would be an end to my riding. So I rode it around in parking lots weaving around parked cars, on city streets, and on the freeway, with no problems at all. Since I am still a little unsteady on my feet, the mechanism of riding a two wheeled vehicle must be different in some way.

Enough of my sob story, I rode it, I rode it!

I have a similar issue from a softball accident a few years back that gave me tinitus and occasional bouts of vertigo as i gradually loose more of my hearing. Dramamine is a GODSEND for combating the vertigo as i dont want to take presciption meds for it. My theory for riding helping out with the sense of balance issues is that when the bikes wheels are in motion it produces a gyroscopic effect (proven science, its why the bike wants to stay upright once your moving fast enough for it to kick in) that spreads far enough out to affect your inner ear (balance center). The effect from riding, based on my experiences with it, will last as long as you keep riding, stop signs/lights arent a problem as it takes about 5-15 minutes to wear off. Being stuck in heavy traffic will be an issues. I did notice that after riding when the balance issues would kick back in, it would be significantly worse for about an hour, at least for me. Hopefully your issues will only be temporary and not an occasional lifelong problem like they are for me.

Polished handle bar clamp and attached 1" UFO riser. Oh and connected up aux power adapter... It's been off the bike since Thunder last year.... Ready to ride to DC this weekend and freeze my ass off.

Polished handle bar clamp and attached 1" UFO riser. Oh and connected up aux power adapter... It's been off the bike since Thunder last year.... Ready to ride to DC this weekend and freeze my ass off.

Maybe not Jim, they're talking some really nice temps up here this weekend....let's hope so!

Got some parts back from powdercoater.

Back wheel is done, just need to install bearings/seals and dampers and new tire.

Also a bunch of other pieces to black out the bike. I will post pictures once the bike is back together.

Mike

How did the damper removal go?

The rubber center portion on 5 out of 6 dampers had separated from the outer steel sleeve, so those where pretty easy. Just used a sawzall and cut each outer sleeve in two places and they pretty much fell out.

For the sixth damper, I put a steel rod through the brake rotor bolt hole to the back side of the rubber damper and punch it out, than cut the outer steel sleeve like I did with the other 5.

Actually, it wasn't as big as a pain in the ass as I thought it would be.

Hopefully putting the new ones back in will go as well.

Mike

thanks for the help and the fuel pump tech info. i disassembled the pump and sure enough the valve diaphragm had popped out. i reinstalled it, the pump would run and shut off like it is supposed to, it only clicks once when I put the key in and turn it on. i charged the carbs several times and opened the drain lines, go some particles out of one. on first crank, it warmed up, burbled a few times and it was back on the road again. I ordered a new fuel pum and it is supposed to be in next tuesday. Goin on a road trip tommorrow. Thanks again for all the tech info and pictures. It is almost time to do the box of rox repair.

i do have a ghost in the machine, sometimes when I turn on the ignition, it fires on one cylinder, then I am running for the bunker. 30 years old and still kicking.

Okay boys, I got the new fuel pump in, took off the carbs, pulled the diaphram covers, soaked it all with cleaner, put it back together. Lots of funk in the carbs. Got it cranked up and still missiing, so I pulled the plugs, they were black and fulffy, right rear cylinder was firing from the coil to the plug but nothing going on.

Now I do not know why it started running with dark black fluffy deposits, it came on suddenly. I also got water out of the carbs, guess I got some bad gas. The check valve on the tank vent is also functioning.

Now I got one question, there is a vaccum hookup at the front of the airbox on the botton, if there is no hose on it, you are sucking air from the inside of the filter which is not being filtered. I can find no hose anywhere to go on there. Somebody give me a clue.

Running fine now, fixing to clean up the tools and go for a ride.

That is where the bloop bloop bloop comes from, but danged if I can tell I am only runninig on three cylinders on that thing, maybe it should have been a tripple

Okay boys, I got the new fuel pump in, took off the carbs, pulled the diaphram covers, soaked it all with cleaner, put it back together. Lots of funk in the carbs. Got it cranked up and still missiing, so I pulled the plugs, they were black and fulffy, right rear cylinder was firing from the coil to the plug but nothing going on.

Now I do not know why it started running with dark black fluffy deposits, it came on suddenly. I also got water out of the carbs, guess I got some bad gas. The check valve on the tank vent is also functioning.

Now I got one question, there is a vaccum hookup at the front of the airbox on the botton, if there is no hose on it, you are sucking air from the inside of the filter which is not being filtered. I can find no hose anywhere to go on there. Somebody give me a clue.

Running fine now, fixing to clean up the tools and go for a ride.
That vacuum hookup that you are describing is a drain and needs nothing to be hooked up. I put a hose on it and ran it lower.

just took it for a test drive, runs like a scalded dog, next week will tell and I will pull the plugs to check them out.

Back