What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to put a different headlight on my 94 but unsure of which one. I was thinking of moving away from the stock round style but haven’t made up my mind as to what set up.
Who’s switched theirs out and to what style?

I personally like the Vrod headlight on a Vmax. I haven't done it, but seen it, and looks great, quite a bit more modern.

T$

I was gonna post a pic, but now I cant find a good one. Someone here did it, I think a Black max. looks smoov like buttas.(well, black buttas).

T$

Has anyone come up with an easy way of removing and reinstalling the center stand spring. I've tried everything I can think of. Even tried to use the auto brake tool for spring removal and I couldn't fine a solid grip for it. I can remove the spring one way or another but putting it back on is my worry.

I've not done this myself but the trick I've seen is to put in some sort of spacer in between the coils to cause the spring to lengthen. Once in place, pull out the spacers.

Coins, wire, nails or zip tie could be used, for example

Just came back from a morning ride on the vMax. 2 days in a row...:cool: Can't help it. Like to drive the Little Boss. Took it to 5,500 rpm shifting through the gears and I swear that the V-Boost kicked in a bit early and not expecting it. Got home and thought I was gonna have to get EMS to remove the seat wedgiee. The middle of the seat now has slack.:( There was only 1 bike that I had that could keep up the Little Boss. That was my 89' vmax.
I have to be extra careful because I've got thick foam grips (Because of Carpal-Tunnel) and I can barely touch fingers around them. Don't know if the monkey grip marks will ever swell up again.
I can't wait to get the v65 going. I had one of the first v65s new and I thought they were pretty fast. We'll see..!

This was my 89':

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
"The only thing a V65 is good for, is checking the position of the view in my VMax rear-view mirrors. "
-what I told my Magna-owning friends, three of 'em.

Your ride is lookin' good. I like the color combination.

Hey, I had a v65 Sabre (not the Magna) and I loved that bike. While it's no VMAX it could cruise all day long. If it didn't eat cams I most likely would still have it. :)

Started cleaning up Godzilla in preparation for putting my newly "Dannymaxed" carbs. To anyone who thinks they might want to have a go at buying Ebay Chinese parts and trying to DIY, think twice! Danny bailed me out of a real pickle with my carbs, and they run great on Danny's test engine. Should have had him do it and saved a lot of hassle.

Add me to the long list of Vmax brothers who give Danny high praise for honest work quickly done, at afair price. Gonna be good to get out on the bike. Just listening to it run on the video tells me the carbs work better than they have in years. The bike goes on an Ethanol-Free diet from now on...

Thanks, Danny.

Hah, how-long are you gonna be on an ethanol-free diet? Not long, I suspect. I see nothing the matter with running the E10 we commonly have available, if you use your bike regularly, if you're going to leave it sitting for 1+ months, I'd say a fuel shut-off valve or a fuel pump electrical disconnect should be used.

Started cleaning up Godzilla in preparation for putting my newly "Dannymaxed" carbs. To anyone who thinks they might want to have a go at buying Ebay Chinese parts and trying to DIY, think twice! Danny bailed me out of a real pickle with my carbs, and they run great on Danny's test engine. Should have had him do it and saved a lot of hassle.

Add me to the long list of Vmax brothers who give Danny high praise for honest work quickly done, at afair price. Gonna be good to get out on the bike. Just listening to it run on the video tells me the carbs work better than they have in years. The bike goes on an Ethanol-Free diet from now on...

Thanks, Danny.
Agree 1,000%. Took mine for a decent ride after Danny rebuilt the carbs and it literally runs perfect.

I thought some might be interested in what I’ve done to my ‘86 and what it cost to get it back on the road after I got it back from the guy I sold it to in ‘98 and after it had sat for 11 years or so. All costs below include shipping if any was charged.
1) Rebuilt carbs-Dannymax- $698 incl shipping. Carbs were seriously jacked up and Danny fixed it all and even threw some things in at no cost.
2) New fuel tank and sending unit- $400. Tank was too far gone to save.
3) New Yuasa battery- $94
4) Front brake pads - EBC - $75
5) Steel braided front brake lines - Russell- $64
6) Used right side cover- EBay- $57
7) New air filter- $19.95
8)New spark plugs-NGK- $12.00
9) Fuel filter- $12.85 x 2= $25.70
10) Evaporust 3 gallons - $48
11) Oil and filter- $28
12) BikeBrite - $20
13) Anitfreeze and brake fluid - $25
14) Rear drive gear oil and grease for shaft splines I already had
15) I still need to put tires on it. Going to go with Shinko 230’s. -$250 installed?
That’s about it. Thank God no major mechanical issues like slipping out of gear. Everything works except the horn. It has 36,000+ miles on it. Since I got her back for free I’m happy with the outlay so far.

I thought some might be interested in what I’ve done to my ‘86 and what it cost to get it back on the road after I got it back from the guy I sold it to in ‘98 and after it had sat for 11 years or so. All costs below include shipping if any was charged.
1) Rebuilt carbs-Dannymax- $698 incl shipping. Carbs were seriously jacked up and Danny fixed it all and even threw some things in at no cost.
2) New fuel tank and sending unit- $400. Tank was too far gone to save.
3) New Yuasa battery- $94
4) Front brake pads - EBC - $75
5) Steel braided front brake lines - Russell- $64
6) Used right side cover- EBay- $57
7) New air filter- $19.95
8)New spark plugs-NGK- $12.00
9) Fuel filter- $12.85 x 2= $25.70
10) Evaporust 3 gallons - $48
11) Oil and filter- $28
12) BikeBrite - $20
13) Anitfreeze and brake fluid - $25
14) Rear drive gear oil and grease for shaft splines I already had
15) I still need to put tires on it. Going to go with Shinko 230’s. -$250 installed?
That’s about it. Thank God no major mechanical issues like slipping out of gear. Everything works except the horn. It has 36,000+ miles on it. Since I got her back for free I’m happy with the outlay so far.
Freee...! :oops: Kool, my kind of deal.👍

I just looked at Pics of mine today. She's in the hospital getting a tank transplant. I'd go visit but I would just miss her more.

Back