What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll hop in here
I’ve seen Floyd a few times In Canada David Gilmore a couple and roger waters I do like the Pompeii version it’s very clean but to actually see it live is of no compare last time around for David gilmour on his on an island tour the version they did at Massey hall absolutely blew my marbles even the set they did as pink Floyd at the cne stadium in Toronto left me speechless along with the other 70 thousand people in the stadium. Was the weirdest thing I have ever seen after a concert to silence from everybody leaving the stadium after the show the dark side of the moon in its entirety was cosmic
I realize this is a little off topic in nature but there is no other band on the planet that can pull off what they did
I am truly sad I will never witness the power of pink Floyd live again truly mourn worthy in every sense

I’ll hop in here
I’ve seen Floyd a few times In Canada David Gilmore a couple and roger waters I do like the Pompeii version it’s very clean but to actually see it live is of no compare last time around for David gilmour on his on an island tour the version they did at Massey hall absolutely blew my marbles even the set they did as pink Floyd at the cne stadium in Toronto left me speechless along with the other 70 thousand people in the stadium. Was the weirdest thing I have ever seen after a concert to silence from everybody leaving the stadium after the show the dark side of the moon in its entirety was cosmic
I realize this is a little off topic in nature but there is no other band on the planet that can pull off what they did
I am truly sad I will never witness the power of pink Floyd live again truly mourn worthy in every sense
I've never seen them live, always just missed a concert for many different reasons. Wish I had :(

I've never seen them live, always just missed a concert for many different reasons. Wish I had :(
Wish you were there..?

In reality any decent tribute band can do ad good a version, I too never saw PF but saw I believe the Australian PF that I recommend you see.

And remember just like the Stones, both have been playing the same song for 40+ years.

Wish you were there..?

In reality any decent tribute band can do ad good a version, I too never saw PF but saw I believe the Australian PF that I recommend you see.

And remember just like the Stones, both have been playing the same song for 40+ years.
Wish you were there..? Very witty for the 3rd Jan, never thought of that Lol.

I've never seen a tribute band for PF, but get where your coming from as I knew this guitarist years ago who could play all this stuff (and Led Zep) as good if not better than the originals, his wife swore for years he had written Stairway to Heaven all by himself. If you blindfolded yourself going into a concert I suppose you would not know who was playing it, I'll need to try that and save some money :) Also just looked up the band you mention and they are performing in EU Feb onwards, and UK at end of the year, I'll need to look further into that as I think it would be a good night out.

APF recreate PF shows, sound and light.

Nick Mason acknowledges they are the best imitators but doesn't particularly like them as he would prefer bands to do their own take on PF.

I seem to recall there was also a memorex ad with Peter Murphy from Bauhaus.

**** correction.,, it was Maxell cassette.

I'd be interested to hear when the last time was any of the members on here who read this actually touched either a cassette or a cassette deck as part of a home stereo system? Walkmans don't count.

I'd be interested to hear when the last time was any of the members on here who read this actually touched either a cassette or a cassette deck as part of a home stereo system? Walkmans don't count.
It's been a long time. I had a Technique (I think that was the brand at the time) cassette deck and a Wollensak (made by 3M) 8-track player/recorder. I also had a Beta HiFi player by Panasonic that I used for both video and music. Good times. Concerning PF, they are still some of my favorite music to listen to. I'm partial to Darkside of the Moon, Animals, and The Wall. Rock-on everybody.

I had an Am/Fm CD/Cassette Player in my 97 Suburban and I still have Cases full of Cassettes that I always listened to. Just sold that truck a few months ago. I also have programs to move Cassette music to CDs and MP3. I used to listen to a lot of Audio Books and many of them where old school cassette Audio Books (example: Clive Cussler Books). I'd move them over to MP3 to my Phone and I could Bluetooth them when traveling in my Challenger.

Used C60 & C90 cassette tapes for music all the time at home or in the car, although C90 stretched allot if used over and over, such as trying to pick out certain words and notes. Eventually moved to digital audio tapes (DAT) but the recorder and tapes cost an arm and a leg, then eventually CD’s.

Anyone ever noticed that during the tape days in the car, you made love (can’t publicly print the proper words) to your girlfriend according to the beat of the music! It was AC/DC Powerage album for me lol, one side of the tape was suffice then up the road. Just thought I would share that phenomenon, I mean have you tried going off-beat! When I was young I considered AC/DC Up to my neck in you a love song lol.

Last edited:
Used C60 & C90 cassette tapes for music all the time at home or in the car, although C90 stretched allot if used over and over, such as trying to pick out certain words and notes. Eventually moved to digital audio tapes (DAT) but the recorder and tapes cost an arm and a leg, then eventually CD’s.

Anyone ever noticed that during the tape days in the car, you made love (can’t publicly print the proper words) to your girlfriend according to the beat of the music! It was AC/DC Powerage album for me lol, one side of the tape was suffice then up the road. Just thought I would share that phenomenon, I mean have you tried going off-beat! When I was young I considered AC/DC Up to my neck in you a love song lol.

I was different. Did it to the beat of 'Cheech and Chong'.....

I was different. Did it to the beat of 'Cheech and Chong'.....
Born in East L.A. I was Born in East L.A.....twang twang.......twang twang twang.........twang twang.

Got an ear worm for weeks over that version :) so catchy. And it was your fault mate for mentioning it a few weeks ago!

Latest posts

Back