What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used C60 & C90 cassette tapes for music all the time at home or in the car, although C90 stretched allot if used over and over, such as trying to pick out certain words and notes. Eventually moved to digital audio tapes (DAT) but the recorder and tapes cost an arm and a leg, then eventually CD’s.

hmm.... I never found that with C90 (used mostly quality brands such as Sony or TDK) although the one C120 cassette was a nightmare for jamming.

The actual manufacturing of tapes is quite incredible - I remember reading about it way before Google and the internet and seem to recall the tape is made by pouring a chemical into a bath containing another chemical, where the two met, the reaction produced a film that was the basis of the tape that was wound onto a drum. Then the magnetic coating was applied before the film on the drum was passed through sharp knives to make the final cassette tape.

MD was a decent replacement for tapes, CD quality but much smaller, but solid state memory devices killed it.

and there was this:

Last edited:
"Where were you borrn, son, where were you borrn?"
- Jan-Michael Vincent

He was great in "The Mechanic" with Charles Bronson too. They tore-up that garden dinner party on those Husqvarnas!

I experienced the same issue with the 90 minute cassettes, they just were not very durable because they were of much thinner material. It's amazing how the technology has evolved over the years. I used 'chromium dioxide' spec cassettes which were supposed to provide more dynamic range compared to standard ferrous oxide tapes. Better quality cassette decks had a chromium dioxide bias switch.

If you want some interesting reading read about Madman Muntz who was an Electronics sales pioneer selling consumer electronics including TVs and hi-fi's and stereos earlier and his tape cartridges and playback equipment from the 1960's. He notably was also someone who developed a car from work done by Frank Kurtis of Kurtis Kraft Indy Car, Sprint car & Midgets. He re-named it the Muntz Jet. Kurtis developed an Indy car chassis and body equipped with fenders and powered by an Offenhauser engine burning gasoline for road use. The cars were popular in the 1950s with movie stars who wanted high-performance automobiles. Offenhauser competition engines typically used methanol alcohol for fuel which helps with the cooling of the engine. It was discovered when trying to convert the Offenhauser to using gasoline that there were issues with the cooling and performance. Without going and checking the web I believe that they substituted a domestic V8 for the Offenhauser Racing Engine which had been detuned for street use.

Ok I looked up a good article on 'Madman' Muntz.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hemmings.com/stories/article/earl-madman-muntz/amp
Just say 'no' to wikipedia.

Last edited:
Now for something completely different!

Got my lateral flow test in a minute ago. Thank goodness as it’s Friday tomorrow.

Oops forgot to attach it.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Now for something completely different!

Got my lateral flow test in a minute ago. Thank goodness as it’s Friday tomorrow.

Oops forgot to attach it.
Mine is telling me the same thing after a week and a half I am over the Covid actually got out & worked on Vmax's the last 2 days

People who receive the vaccine have lesser side effects from the Omicron covid from reports through CDC and internationally. Also the Delta seemed like it had more severe effects on many people than the Omicron covid. I am glad to hear that you are recovered.

People who receive the vaccine have lesser side effects from the Omicron covid from reports through CDC and internationally. Also the Delta seemed like it had more severe effects on many people than the Omicron covid. I am glad to hear that you are recovered.
Actually my wife had more effects than me and she has had the booster . I take lots of vitamins though and she takes none. This was not to bad. I have been way sicker being normal sick.

Last edited:
Tried to out flank a "super-cell" yesterday, but ran out of room at the Mass border, so I turned north and drove thru it! Got 3/4" of water in a matter of minutes and no place to hide!! :bang head:

So today I'll wash it! And install a Stinger digital voltage meter. :clapping:
It's always and just when your certain that you have beat it. The weather here come straight in from West due East and I work Straight from Straight East about 30 miles. So I come home a lot of summers evenings many of times I have Raced those Huge Super Cell Thunder Storm's to the house half the Spring and 25% of the Summer there is threats of those things. F__^^ IT IM RIDING LOL

Jesus talking about Covid ..
19 Oct. 2021 I lay dead in the ER or as close to death a man can get without climbing in the damn casket. We buried my Pops on 15 Sept 2021 and 9 of us wven though we was I mean very aware of seriousness. After all thats stamped on My Pops Death Cert. It was all middle age folk that sick thank God. Because that would be hard to deal with. 7 hospital visits, 2 by Ambulance, and admitted 3 times for Heart related matters and I'm not talking high blood pressure I'm talking 299/149 heart rate was like 240 some beats a minute. Still take medication for it

Non Covid-19 talk. Added some bling to the red beast.
Where did you pick this pack up at? I have a chrome package with the radiator wrapped in chrome not to much to blind you. I Like Chrome as long as it's just enough to bring out the Machining and Dark motor color

Well done. I had it two years ago for three weeks and it knocked lumps out me.

Hope you don't get the long covid thingy.
I have Long covid and it's incredible.... I still sometimes get turned around in a town I have lived for 20 years. I have went in to town and just had to pull off and gain my bearings because I had no idea what road took me where. It's no BS I'm beingb100% with you guys. To this day over a year later I'm heart medicine because of Afib and high high heart rate. I have had the paddles slapped on me twice sense covid. I'm not Bs ing anyone.i don't agree with the Forcefully pushing this shot because people are still Individuals and we know for sure it's still contagious and transmissible no matter what. My died Sept 2020 in part because of covid.

I posted the same question. Perfectly normal.

Rear disc is vented and the bands correspond to the solid sections in an otherwise hollow disc.

The discolouration is due to heat but has no effect on braking performance and can be considered a cosmetic anomaly.

BTW did you have the engine cases bolts power coated?

I've come across coloured bolts in steel (possibly stainless?) and ofcourse Ti although Ti is not available in red. (re Ti bolts, I use them on mountain bikes and have recoloured some, the voltage applied to the bolt when dipped in solution determines the final colour = fun to watch)

Last edited:
Nick Mason collects cars. Ferrari 250GT's worth upwards of $20 million each.
He has exactly one 250. It's literally priceless. He bought it for 37,000 pounds (roughly $50,000) back in 1977. (He does have multiple other Ferrari's though, including an F40.)

There's a gentleman in Texas (forget his name as I saw it on TV 6 or 7 years ago) that owns 2 of them. When he sends them to car shows, he flies with them on his own aircraft. He does not insure them.

When he was told it was stupid not to insure the cars in transit, he said, "Why insure them? If the plane goes down and they go down I'm going down with them."

Rear disc is vented and the bands correspond to the solid sections in an otherwise hollow disc.

The discolouration is due to heat but has no effect on braking performance and can be considered a cosmetic anomaly.

I've come across coloured bolts in steel (possibly stainless?) and ofcourse Ti although Ti is not available in red. (re Ti bolts, I use them on mountain bikes and have recoloured some, the voltage applied to the bolt when dipped in solution determines the final colour = fun to watch)

Thanks and sorry 1st off I don't know how to work this phone and I do normally do a lot of tech stuff. I just now went from flip phone to smart phone. Bear with me buddy... lol I have never noticed that.

Back