What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, we'll be getting ice on it again. I iced it Sunday evening but haven't done that since. Of course I am up and going all the time which doesn't help it. It's on my "bad" leg already so i'm not in as much pain as I could be (lost a lot of sensation when I had the lower leg almost amputated years ago).

If I would not have had on all my gear it would have been REALLY bad I think.

Sean
Mine looked like that or maybe worse about 3 years ago. I never went to the doc so who knows what was a matter with it. I was up all the time to & it took it forever to heal & it still bothers me from time to time.

It's in pretty bad shape right now. Wife says I need to drink a lot more water to see if that will help flush the system and get the swelling down. Imagine if I had not been wearing the thick race boots!

Ok, I missed something... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???
rainbowderp.png

Other than the ankle, you ok?

Hope that your ankle heals up quick, man, and I am thankful that you wasn't taken from us!!!

Dash, read Sean's report about his runs at the drag strip. Seems He got between some hot Max lovin...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Sean.

Yesterday was the 1 year mark of owning my 2006. Clocked out the full 12 months at 5381 on the odo... which is more than double the 2100 or so that was on it when I bought it, but still a bit disappointing honestly.

I rode it just about every day outside of Jan/Feb, but my commute is a mere 5 or so miles so it gets pretty tough to match the miles to time spent in the saddle. Guess I need to do more joy riding this year :)

Keeping with the thread. The squeaking of the faux cover finally drove me nutty enough to investigate what to do about it. I considered the often suggested foam on the airbox, and some extra thick washers, but ultimately the fix in my case was quite simple.

Just a few wraps of electrical tape on the steel loops that the tank locks into. It pads the metal on metal vibrations and makes the whole thing snap in really snug. Squeak and vibration are completely gone. I'm not sure why it took me a year to try it.

Picked up clear front turn signal lenses today... cant put them in until I can get that friggin right hand bulb out to put the yellow bulbs in. Right bulb is friggin corroded stuck
twilightangry2.png

PB Blaster should penetrate...

I finally installed the manual fan switch. Used KJ's write up and the round flat switch from RadioShack.

Thanks KJ for the awesome write up. Everything went great :clapping:

Speedy and complete recovery,Sean!!!

Remounted the horn I put on a couple of weeks ago. Used 3/16 steel strip in stead of 22 ga. stainless. Much better.... Lew

Last edited:
Not a VMax, but a Sat. project. Gonna try something I haven't tried before, let's see how it goes. Maybe there's something to ridin' low & slow. Needs a bit of work, the Sat. project was getting tires (pic before tires) it's got Dunlop D402's now. HH pads on order, already wearing new fork seals. '96 FL Heritage Softail Nostalgia. The first year, '93, had a Holstein cowhide black & white hairy insert for the seats, and quickly got the nickname, "Cow-Glide," or "Moo-Glide." They made it for three more years, w/o the Holstein cowhide insert. My friend's bike, he said, "fix it & ride it 'till you're done." Next is paint, gonna farm that out. I've already been running it up & down the block, but that was before the license plate & a new rear tire, both of-which it needed, got 'em now. Not fast, but it seems fun to ride. It feels like a parade, riding it. :biglaugh:

Geez, Sean, you did get that x-rayed, yes? I missed the thread on what happened. Alternating heat & cold if it's still hurting you, it looks like it should! You have to stay-off it as-much as-possible to give it a chance to heal, otherwise the recovery is prolonged.

Attachments

• HD FLSTN left profile.jpg
    HD FLSTN left profile.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 19
Well did 2 things. 1 was TO the Vmax, and the other was FOR the Vmax. First thing was to replace the pressure plate #2 (item 15 on the pic). After a few hrs on the interstate at 80-90, in 90 degree heat, the clutch would slip, even though it had new clutches, plates, and DD mod. A new pressure plate #2, and it feels like a new bike, and the clutch is NOT slipping.

For the Vmax was a motorcycle trailer. There are times that you need a trailer, and NOTHING else will do. LOL....just noticed looking at the pic...it matches the bike. Black with red pinstripping around the wheels.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    83.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Motorcycle trailer.jpg
    Motorcycle trailer.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 18
I haven't been on my bike lately, so this a.m. I got up & out. I checked the NOAA radar loop locally for precipitation, and things looked OK. I took a ride around the part of Ft. Lauderdale FL where there are deep water canals on the west-side which eventually reach the ocean. I had been there awhile-ago and saw some interesting cars, so I thought I would see what-else I could find.

Well, of-course it began to rain after I was out there. I have a waterproof Olympus camera, so that doesn't bother me too-much, but I didn't bring my rain suit, so my jeans got wet pretty-quick. I did see an interesting find in a home which doesn't appear to be inhabited, here it is (w/the rain!). No signs of Marty McFly, or of 'Doc.' Judging by the 2x4's in-front of the axles, I'd say the brakes have 'issues.' :biglaugh:

Attachments

• Delorean.jpg
    Delorean.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 28
Wow they painted the car.... I always thought the delorean was ahead of its time.. no pun intended lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Yes, some people got tired of the upkeep on the stainless steel bodywork, to keep it looking-good, and they painted it. The Volvo shop where I take my cars to get worked-on, the owner was a Delorean-certified technician. The engine in the car was used by three different European manufacturers, and the development costs of it were shared among-them. It was built like a bike engine, slide-on cylinders over studs (though not the Max's, which are integral w/the upper case half). I always thought the Delorean looked like a Bricklin, another failed start-up ( & Canadian to-boot!) The Bricklin shows the Guiargio/Ital Design influence, w/its 'knife-edge' front, so very-popular in the '70's.
images
images
images
images

The engine in the car was used by three different European manufacturers, and the development costs of it were shared among-them. It was built like a bike engine, slide-on cylinders over studs
images
images
images
images

Are talking about the Delorean or the Bricklin?

I always thought the Delorean had an AMC driveline for some reason. Not sure why I though it tho.

I remember a very long interview with Malcom Bricklin in Car and Driver that took place after he went tits up, he was very forthright I believe about the huge QC problems he was having,

Car and Driver was one of my Faves back in the day, as far as I know they were the only new car "test and review" outfit that actually ran their test vehicles for true top speed instead of printing some calculated or mfg. claimed number.
And their writing and writers were top notch and always humorous. Pretty
much all were legendary guys at the time.

Are talking about the Delorean or the Bricklin?

I always thought the Delorean had an AMC driveline for some reason. Not sure why I though it tho.

I remember a very long interview with Malcom Bricklin in Car and Driver that took place after he went tits up, he was very forthright I believe about the huge QC problems he was having,

Car and Driver was one of my Faves back in the day, as far as I know they were the only new car "test and review" outfit that actually ran their test vehicles for true top speed instead of printing some calculated or mfg. claimed number.
And their writing and writers were top notch and always humorous. Pretty
much all were legendary guys at the time.

The Delorean used a Volvo, Peugeot, and (I think Renault) engine, a V-6 but nothing American Motors.

C and D had great writers and editors in the '60's and '70's and they weren't afraid of stirring the pot. One of my faves was the Woodward Ave street racing article which was a 'ride-along' w/a guy running a GTO for $. Jon Ward's Seville w/a NASCAR inspired v8 was a great read. The Boss Wagons were modded station wagons w/performance in mind, I think one caught on-fire from its turbo. They were always up for the specialty builders loaning them their latest rides which they always thrashed, sometimes until they broke.

Blew a bunch of fuses, but may have found that the actual fuel pump is what's doing it and not the relay. Still no cranking of any sort even in neutral. I HATE electrical gremlins because I'm not good at that part yet. I hope to have that part sorted by the end of the week, though, so I can move on to mechanical.

The Delorean used a Volvo, Peugeot, and (I think Renault) engine, a V-6 but nothing American Motors.

C and D had great writers and editors in the '60's and '70's and they weren't afraid of stirring the pot. One of my faves was the Woodward Ave street racing article which was a 'ride-along' w/a guy running a GTO for $. Jon Ward's Seville w/a NASCAR inspired v8 was a great read. The Boss Wagons were modded station wagons w/performance in mind, I think one caught on-fire from its turbo. They were always up for the specialty builders loaning them their latest rides which they always thrashed, sometimes until they broke.

An Irish car, that's a rare achievement
And someday I'll own one

Back