What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed my new battery and a very well made set of COPS, thank you Blaxmax. The right front coil connector was jammed up against the frame and it was a Bitch to get out and unplugged. Nothing like frustration and perseverance to get the job done. My bike has been sitting for 6 weeks or so and it fired up instantly. Tomorrow I'm going to set the ignitech dwell from long(coils) to auto(smart ecu) put the seat on and hit the road.
Appreciated.

I rode her to work this morning.. I can feel the larger wheel does not jump off the line as hard as it used too, but seems faster at same engine RPM, which makes sense. Hopefully I can start polishing her up this weekend.

Got the COPs installed, still going to play with routing a little bit. Those front OEM coils were a blast to get to but I managed it without removing the brain bracket, all 4 OEM coils were split open.

Wet sanded the body panels with 1000g and fixed a couple lint buggers, sprayed a little touch up color and hope to get into a proper paint booth today to add 3-4 coats of fresh clear coat (booth for finishing doors but it has all the required ventilation and filters).

Installed my LED light bar with brake light, running light and turn signal capability.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 39
Looked at it. Cursed the voltage regulator that keeps it in the garage till a new one gets here.
Then I used a few really choice curse words for the nail that flattened the front tire of the
RoadStar. That bike's in the shop getting the rear tire put on - after getting the front one fixed. I pulled the front wheel, but after the frozen brake slider pin ordeal (finally for it out and the wheel back on), I said "Screw it - let Tim over at Motion Craft do the rear tire"..

Looked at it. Cursed the voltage regulator that keeps it in the garage till a new one gets here.
Then I used a few really choice curse words for the nail that flattened the front tire of the
RoadStar. That bike's in the shop getting the rear tire put on - after getting the front one fixed. I pulled the front wheel, but after the frozen brake slider pin ordeal (finally for it out and the wheel back on), I said "Screw it - let Tim over at Motion Craft do the rear tire"..
Go back to bed, Bill.

Pulled apart my clutch to replace my friction disks. Takin the steels to work to bead blast em this week. Ill be eliminating the half disk and running a full one in its place. Itll be interesting to see how things feel with my Barnett pressure plate...

On Saturday, I completed the typical spring maintenance duties. I drained and flushed the coolant and cooling system a few times, and replaced with new coolant. I replaced all 4 spark plugs, and I changed the oil and filter. For the first time since I've owned this bike, I used Rotella T oil, and the little voice in the back of my head was screaming at me to stop the entire time I was pouring in the Rotella. But the voice quickly shut it's mouth when I took her for a ride and shifting was easier and she ran better. The wallet felt nice, too. $14.95 for Rotella at the local Tractor Supply sure beats $75 for Yamalube at the nearest dealer.

I also made a fork seal cleaner out of a plastic bottle (thanks Sean for the idea) and cleaned my fork seals, and it worked great!

Thanks to all on the forum for the help and advice with this bike.

Pulled apart my clutch to replace my friction disks. Takin the steels to work to bead blast em this week. Ill be eliminating the half disk and running a full one in its place. Itll be interesting to see how things feel with my Barnett pressure plate...
My Barnett feels just as smooth and easy as a stock clutch.. I like it...ALOT.. DD wears me out...lol

My wife is out of the country till next weekend.

Mother in law took the kids to a movie on Saturday.

I was home all alone for the first time in I can't remember when. Decided I'd try and see if the max would start and idle. I didn't put it on the tender or treat the fuel. It's been sitting since October.

She fired right up and idled great. I was concerned it may need a carb cleaning.

Took it out for a spin and put about 70 miles on it.

Bike ran great and it was a beautiful day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Finished my crash bar/highway pegs today. I stole the idea from Sean...hope he's not pissed.

You can also see my pressure tap for my Speedhut Digital oil pressure gauge.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458183767.639222.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458183715.568165.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458183728.935043.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Imitation is the sincerest form of stealin' other people's ideas or some s#!+.

I'll await your lawsuit for copyright infringement. :)

Finished my crash bar/highway pegs today. I stole the idea from Sean...hope he's not pissed.

You can also see my pressure tap for my Speedhut Digital oil pressure gauge.

View attachment 52801

View attachment 52799

View attachment 52800

Nice work.
Have you used them yet?
I'm curious how they feel out on the road. I have COO frame sliders that I can prop my heels on to stretch out a bit but they don't work well enough to hang out like that for long. I've been wondering if its worth the expense to do something like this.

I have not ridden with them yet. I had grip tape on the crash bars before and that was a great place to put your feet. Problem was; I kept cooking my calves if I wasn't wearing my boots.

I'd love to ride but I live in Minnesnowta. This is what it looks like outside this morning: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458217024.677287.jpg

Well, as with all my Yamaha's, I added the R7 tuning fork emblems to the tanks. Big and round, looks trick, much better than the small plastic badge. pics later.

Back