What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note the price on the above link, Yankees.
Then check out the "sale" price on the Canadian site of this vendor.
http://www.tdotperformance.ca/rancho-rs1952-shock-boot.html
This is what we have to deal with, because of our collapsed dollar, tariffs and duties, etc.
Not that I'm complaining. After all, you have Donald Trump to deal with, and thanks to Canada, Justin Bieber!:biglaugh:
Cheers!

Well You could move to Oklahoma, I do have a spare bedroom. Just take care of the cats while I'm gone....Oh....Its mandatory that you buy a gun to live in the state. :biglaugh:

Well You could move to Oklahoma, I do have a spare bedroom. Just take care of the cats while I'm gone....Oh....Its mandatory that you buy a gun to live in the state. :biglaugh:

I love cats, and I can bring my prized vintage Walther PPK,:eusa_dance: but......I couldn't help "modding" your bike while you were away. I couldn't promise that you would like it. Might not be very pretty.
Cheers!

I love cats, and I can bring my prized vintage Walther PPK,:eusa_dance: but......I couldn't help "modding" your bike while you were away. I couldn't promise that you would like it. Might not be very pretty.
Cheers!

Better play it safe and just stick with handlebar tassels and a card in the spokes :clapping:

Cheers!

LOL....that would be fine. Your mods are always welcome.

Better play it safe and just stick with handlebar tassels and a card in the spokes :clapping:

LOL....would playing cards stay there at 130?

Not only are the gold spots using the aluminum pistons a little lighter they are WAY smoother in operation - especially once they have some run time. The anti stiction coatings on the pistons work great and when I take them apart they are a LOT easier to do so.

What are the caliper pistons in the stock VMAX 1200? Aluminum or stainless?

I can bring my prized vintage Walther PPK
Cheers!

Methinks somebody likes James Bond a wee bit, lol.

And now for something completly different, I installed Kosos adjustable signal filter tonight to smooth out my COP induced tach needle bounch on my RX2N+. Worked like a charm even with the motor running like shit from sitting all "winter" (my part of Ohios winter sucked balls this year, thanks Chuck Norris!) Next up is carb removal for cleaning, new rear brake stay installation, gas tank draining, putting everything back together and everyones favorite, DETAILING! Looking forward to getting her on they dyno this year to see how my butt and Traumahawks advise did (tahnks a ton Eric!)

Installed a led light bulb and changed the color of my guages.

f1cac6f6564dc15c378a05b0144f4466.jpg

I put my stator & mid gear cover back on and went to grab the oil slinger/washer that goes over the crank bolt and? Took the place apart, went through the trash, took the covers off to make sure it wasn't stuck to the flywheel. Shit! It evaporated. I just know it's not in the motor. Anyone have a parts engine, and can spare one?
Steve-o

I pushed it home!:bang head:I went for a ride and had to stop at the traffic lights at the road works down the road from my place about a kilometer .It stopped /stalled when I took off and wouldn't start ,cranked over but no fuel pump noise or Vboost .Worked that out later so since the battery was getting too flat I thought push it up the hill and clutch start it on the way back .3 attempts later it started and I am like yippee and tried to do a uturn and as soon as I turned the bars it stopped again.Then I realised no vboost or fuel pump so I thought loose connection,wriggled wires and got vboost noise but still no start.Next step jacket and helmet off and started pushing it up the hill.1/2 an hour later and 10 stops I am throwing up on the side of the road.Quite a few cars had gone past by this time and none of course had stopped.Until young fellow hops out of the passenger side of a car and says "do you need a hand?"and starts pushing it up the hill and then says "you mustn't be very fit".WTF AND THEN 50 METERS LATER :"It's a very heavy bike" as we both push it the last 20 meters to the top of the hill.I couldn't thank him enough as I collapsed in a sweaty heap and then I rolled it down the hill to my place.Totally exhausted I put it in the garage and I'll work out what is wrong with it later.I hope you all have a better day.Cheers Kevman.

Attachments

• DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 30
Carbuncle removal

My ISR master cylinders don't have provision for the brake light and clutch interlock micro-switches.
I had fitted in-line hydraulic switches.

026262425c12ddf36afef1a39df00a889755c029.JPG

Yep, I agree, they are not in keeping with wot any discerning gentleman would want on his handlebars.
sick.gif

I've now changed them for a pair of 90° switches.
Clutch has gone down by the master cylinder

395262627a176d906bde0eafe0b3fe36f7690ad5.JPG

...and the brake switch onto the splitter. Both neatly out of sight.

I now feel that I will be able to go out in public on my Max without risking the sniggers and sideways looks that I have endured in the past.

65626e02921a6d3c602e33ac8eeb5925375a5326.jpg

PS Any suggestion that I am paranoiac will be strongly refuted...I know that's what you will be thinking.. DOOH!

MM where did you get the 90 degree switches?

I pushed it home!:bang head:I went for a ride and had to stop at the traffic lights at the road works down the road from my place about a kilometer .It stopped /stalled when I took off and wouldn't start ,cranked over but no fuel pump noise or Vboost .Worked that out later so since the battery was getting too flat I thought push it up the hill and clutch start it on the way back .3 attempts later it started and I am like yippee and tried to do a uturn and as soon as I turned the bars it stopped again.Then I realised no vboost or fuel pump so I thought loose connection,wriggled wires and got vboost noise but still no start.Next step jacket and helmet off and started pushing it up the hill.1/2 an hour later and 10 stops I am throwing up on the side of the road.Quite a few cars had gone past by this time and none of course had stopped.Until young fellow hops out of the passenger side of a car and says "do you need a hand?"and starts pushing it up the hill and then says "you mustn't be very fit".WTF AND THEN 50 METERS LATER :"It's a very heavy bike" as we both push it the last 20 meters to the top of the hill.I couldn't thank him enough as I collapsed in a sweaty heap and then I rolled it down the hill to my place.Totally exhausted I put it in the garage and I'll work out what is wrong with it later.I hope you all have a better day.Cheers Kevman.
Kevman, you are going to have to repost this to a thread where other members can help. I would start with load testing the battery and then that fuel pump.I had the same problem and it was the fuel pump going bad.

I pushed it home!:bang head:I went for a ride and had and started pushing it up the hill.

I won't screw with you if you pushed a Vmax up a hill 3 times! I used to have an old Sportster and lived at the top of a hill, it was perfect. Except when it didn't start and I had to hump it home. But that was over 30 years ago. Time for my nap. All this talk of pushing, you know.

My Vmax would cut out while driving it. I would coast to the side, try to restart, and nothing. Vboost wouldnt even cycle. A couple of min later, start up like nothing was wrong. The battery was actually going bad, and it was just running off of the surface charge. With the headlight on (not running) you should have atleast 12.55 volts at the battery,

I pushed it home!:bang head:I went for a ride and had and started pushing it up the hill.

I won't screw with you if you pushed a Vmax up a hill 3 times! I used to have an old Sportster and lived at the top of a hill, it was perfect. Except when it didn't start and I had to hump it home. But that was over 30 years ago. Time for my nap. All this talk of pushing, you know.
:rofl_200:
I hear ya, Steve. It's only 11 a.m. here, and I'm set to take my pre-nap (usually about an hour)
Following that, typically I put in a couple hours in the workshop, then it's off to the couch for my regular nap, which lasts up to three hours.
sucks getting old :damn angry:
Cheers!

Back