What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got new stebel horn installed . FUCKING LOUD AS HELL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! A pic of the install would rock. Ive been putting off mounting mine for awhile, it's a snug fit between the headers. I think the Kerker downpipes are closer together than OEM. Would love to see what you did there and which Stebel you used.

The Archangel is all put away for its winter's nap. The Beast, it still a work in progress. So far:
-All controls replaced
-All new braided steel lines
-Dummy headlight made
-Bodywork and front forks painted gloss black
-foot controls cleaned
-Wheels cleaned
-Spark plug wires replaced
-Chassis stripped and painted semi-gloss black
-Engine inspected and painted
-Hilborn Inj cleaned and refreshed
-Supercharger rebuilt and modded to turn CCW
-Supercharger pulley, modded to run cog type pulleys
-Added a modern fusebox and done away with the tube fuses
-Airshifter rebuilt and lines replaced
-630 chain inspected, cleaned, lubed
-All wiring replaced with larger gauge and loomed
-Fuel cell, cleaned and inspected
-2way radio added and modded,just have to plug the helmet into the control box

that's about it so far. I'm taking a mini, 8-day vacation at the end of the week. I'm hoping to have the engine in the chassis and things wrapping up.

Things to finish up:
-New intake and intake manifold adapters for the supercharger made
-Braided fuel and oil lines installed
-Oil Cooler installed
-Boost, oil pressure gauges installed
-Nitrous hardlines bent up
-Nitrous system installed
-Data logger system completed and installed
-Acquire sponsorship from an adult diaper company.

An alternative to the 'slow-roast, between the front headers' horn location. The sound seems to broadcast well from this location.

The Stebel-Nautilus can be split-apart if you want, w/the trumpets in one location for your sonic pleasure and the compressor elsewhere for packaging. Of course, the tubing between them should be as-short and as-direct as-possible. Do a search for Stebel, Bad Boy, or Nautilus and you should find the posts.

Awesome! A pic of the install would rock. Ive been putting off mounting mine for awhile, it's a snug fit between the headers. I think the Kerker downpipes are closer together than OEM. Would love to see what you did there and which Stebel you used.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 31
An alternative to the 'slow-roast, between the front headers' horn location. The sound seems to broadcast well from this location.

The Stebel-Nautilus can be split-apart if you want, w/the trumpets in one location for your sonic pleasure and the compressor elsewhere for packaging. Of course, the tubing between them should be as-short and as-direct as-possible. Do a search for Stebel, Bad Boy, or Nautilus and you should find the posts.

Thanks, yes, the slow roast was my concern although it would fit. I thought about putting the trumpet between the headers and moving the compressor where the front coils used to be, or somewhere around the air box. It's a little distance but probably wouldn't be much discernible delay. I guess I'll measure and bench test since the bike is just sitting in my sunroom enjoying the winter.

I bought the Hella Supertones first thinking those would mount easy, but there was just no good way to do them both. I was ready to throw those back on Ebay but they fit the Venture perfectly in the factory locations.

I like your setup there, very straight up and solid.

Took out the Max for last ride of the season Friday night. Temp was about 20 degree's. Lesson learned:

1. 1stgear Explorer gloves don't work below 40 degree temps.

2. The bike felt like it had more attitude in the cold. Then again I could have been delirious from the onset of hypothermia.

c82e33c4109da23575c8bfa211e1a76f.jpg

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Took out the Max for last ride of the season Friday night. Temp was about 20 degree's. Lesson learned:

2. The bike felt like it had more attitude in the cold. Then again I could have been delirious from the onset of hypothermia.

9149a581cbb8211d294ac836fae2c745.jpg

The Archangel is all put away for its winter's nap. The Beast, it still a work in progress. So far:
-All controls replaced
-All new braided steel lines
-Dummy headlight made
-Bodywork and front forks painted gloss black
-foot controls cleaned
-Wheels cleaned
-Spark plug wires replaced
-Chassis stripped and painted semi-gloss black
-Engine inspected and painted
-Hilborn Inj cleaned and refreshed
-Supercharger rebuilt and modded to turn CCW
-Supercharger pulley, modded to run cog type pulleys
-Added a modern fusebox and done away with the tube fuses
-Airshifter rebuilt and lines replaced
-630 chain inspected, cleaned, lubed
-All wiring replaced with larger gauge and loomed
-Fuel cell, cleaned and inspected
-2way radio added and modded,just have to plug the helmet into the control box

that's about it so far. I'm taking a mini, 8-day vacation at the end of the week. I'm hoping to have the engine in the chassis and things wrapping up.

Things to finish up:
-New intake and intake manifold adapters for the supercharger made
-Braided fuel and oil lines installed
-Oil Cooler installed
-Boost, oil pressure gauges installed
-Nitrous hardlines bent up
-Nitrous system installed
-Data logger system completed and installed
-Acquire sponsorship from an adult diaper company.

Nice progress!

I haven't found any gloves that work in the 20's, not to mention everything else is also frozen! Guess you have to go plug in. I think I'll sit those days out and enjoy a nice glass of bourbon.

It's not so much 'to' as it is 'for,' so it's 'what did you do for your VMax today?'

I sold some surplus tools on craigslist, a vintage cast-iron and steel 10" Craftsman radial arm saw on-which I had just replaced the bevel gear for cut height adjustment, the wood table, and the switch; probably 47 years old, and still cuts square and easily, w/a 110/220 split-phase motor. I also sold three wire rack shelves, the kind restaurants use in the refrigerated coolers, 4' w x 6' h x 18" deep.

So what did I do with the profits? Why, I got a Harbor Freight floor-standing media blasting cabinet: http://t.harborfreight.com/abrasive-blast-cabinet-68893.html
Now I'll be able to blast all my parts easily, and paint/powdercoat 'em. And I had $ left over for the media material. :punk: I have an 11 CFM 220 V 60 gal. tank air compressor so that should allow me to blast-away. :newyear0:

Merry Christmas!

It's not so much 'to' as it is 'for,' so it's 'what did you do for your VMax today?'

I sold some surplus tools on craigslist, a vintage cast-iron and steel 10" Craftsman radial arm saw on-which I had just replaced the bevel gear for cut height adjustment, the wood table, and the switch; probably 47 years old, and still cuts square and easily, w/a 110/220 split-phase motor. I also sold three wire rack shelves, the kind restaurants use in the refrigerated coolers, 4' w x 6' h x 18" deep.

So what did I do with the profits? Why, I got a Harbor Freight floor-standing media blasting cabinet: http://t.harborfreight.com/abrasive-blast-cabinet-68893.html
Now I'll be able to blast all my parts easily, and paint/powdercoat 'em. And I had $ left over for the media material. :punk: I have an 11 CFM 220 V 60 gal. tank air compressor so that should allow me to blast-away. :newyear0:

Merry Christmas!

Cool ! I had the same one in Florida for years sold it before I moved but I bought another one once be bought this house.

Cut & buffed the body set for the 95 then pulled the grabrail off & polished it & put the rear fender on. I then pulled off the scoops & stripped the clear off to polish the little oxidation out they had & I could not help myself & ended up painting them.

I sat one on just for a quick picture. I am waiting on my fork seals before I put the front fender on & also waiting on the new back tire then I will clean the back wheel up. I am really happy with how this thing cleaned up . I have been having fun just playing with it & changing things up a little.

Attachments

• 95 Vmax & extra pics 029.jpg
    95 Vmax & extra pics 029.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 95 Vmax & extra pics 024.jpg
    95 Vmax & extra pics 024.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 95 Vmax & extra pics 030.jpg
    95 Vmax & extra pics 030.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 95 Vmax & extra pics 028.jpg
    95 Vmax & extra pics 028.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 51
The new bike is lookin' good, Kyle. "Resale red!"

I do like the radiator shroud mesh inserts painted silver, though I think black would be good, too (maybe better w/the red color). To my eye, breaking up the color of it helps to reduce the visual massiveness.

Those pics do seem to show the pearlescent, at least to my eye. Almost looks like a dusting of confectioner's sugar on a ripe strawberry.

ClickHandler.ashx

Yes, I'm excited about getting the media blasting cabinet built and running. That and a bike lift would make my work easier and faster.

The new bike is lookin' good, Kyle. "Resale red!"

I do like the radiator shroud mesh inserts painted silver, though I think black would be good, too (maybe better w/the red color). To my eye, breaking up the color of it helps to reduce the visual massiveness.

Those pics do seem to show the pearlescent, at least to my eye. Almost looks like a dusting of confectioner's sugar on a ripe strawberry.

ClickHandler.ashx

Yes, I'm excited about getting the media blasting cabinet built and running. That and a bike lift would make my work easier and faster.

I was planning on doing the mesh inserts black just have not got around to it. I am probably going to paint the bottom half of the side covers to.

Got some Kerker's from a member on the forum here. Wasn't exactly happy with how level/straight back they went so I mocked them up for a Vmax original look. The last was a pic of them on a previous bike.

a69e5418348aa61003500f8c3159323b.jpg
2c7b13ca7f521b05c13eeb2505ba7d13.jpg
27f510a14dbda7c27c5588ae802be5fa.jpg

Worked on some bolts and tried to diagnose my coolant leak. We'll see if turning that drain valve and spraying parts cleaner has it all sealed up. Probably swapping some bars tomorrow.

Got some Kerker's from a member on the forum here. Wasn't exactly happy with how level/straight back they went so I mocked them up for a Vmax original look. The last was a pic of them on a previous bike.

Looks a lot better with the upsweep.
Are you able to fab up a new bracket to the passenger footpeg area to hold them in place?

Looks a lot better with the upsweep.
Are you able to fab up a new bracket to the passenger footpeg area to hold them in place?

I will be able to. They will be hella short ones lol. I'm still in the fab process, but I will post updated pics soon. I had to have the upsweep. Just took away from the bikes signature with them just straight back.

Latest posts

Back