What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got ready to take a little cruise and ran a quick 'systems' check, and guess what.........no brake light with the front brakes! Did some checking and found out the switch was going and only worked part time! Got a new one ordered and all is well but it just wouldn't do to be out there with no brake light!! :bang head:

A little maintenance check, guys, ain't a bad thing, might pay big dividends!:clapping:

Danny, might I suggest this until you get your light working...???

17108_lg.jpg

Took off the ugly /ass tail light. Put a custom cat eye style / combo L. plate light from Herb in Florida, via VMOA. Looks 100 % better. :eusa_dance:

I don't know how to do that BUT I am riding with Redbone this week end and I will see if he can help me with that and a few pics.
We can get that done when we get back. I don't have access to a good enough video camera atm. I can get one from work that should do the trick though. :punk:

ALMTY,...shame you guys will be out on the west coast by the sounds of it,..I would more then enjoy the hook up and cruise along.But alas...I'm out in Manitoba ,and on call this weekend,..and trying to get the fascia and windows done on the house before snow fly's.
Maybe another time,..keep me in mind,..if the destination and timing are right ,...I'll ride the distance. ...:git:

ALMTY,...shame you guys will be out on the west coast by the sounds of it,..I would more then enjoy the hook up and cruise along.But alas...I'm out in Manitoba ,and on call this weekend,..and trying to get the fascia and windows done on the house before snow fly's.
Maybe another time,..keep me in mind,..if the destination and timing are right ,...I'll ride the distance. ...:git:
Nope, we live in Michigan and are going for a ride in Northern Ontario with a few of our Canadian brothers. By flight of a crow we are really not that far apart...but there are these Great lakes in between all of us that makes getting anywhere usually means boat rides or long rides around em'. There are several Iron Butt rides that ride around either one or more of the Great Lakes.

Went for a ride at night and when I turned the key...nada. Founds (+) lead to battery was loose. Decided I would take the time to wrap 3 coils on stock slide springs for better low-midrange response. DJ springs are too aggressive and stock are too lean. Got tired so popped open a beer and will test changes tomorrow.

Washed it then went for a brisk 25deg ride for a couple of hours. Then brought her in the garage, put some stabil in the tank, topped it off, connected the battery tender, put on the cover and put her up for winter.

The following day (today) snow on the ground. But I did get 1 last picture next to my truck.

Attachments

• RAM_MAX.jpg
    RAM_MAX.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 15
Did my usual 500+kms this week. Fitted a tinted OEM instrument shroud and a Pirrelli 190/50 17 to rear. Very good tyre.

Spring has sprung and the weather is warm. Great riding weather.

Did my usual 500+kms this week. Fitted a tinted OEM instrument shroud and a Pirrelli 190/50 17 to rear. Very good tyre.

Spring has sprung and the weather is warm. Great riding weather.

Gleno, do you have any room in your garage for another vmax? Riding season here is almost over and it hasn't been the best one weather wise.

Mike

Yes I do. Moved house and have a big garage with a workshop. About 32 degrees C this morning.

Now I'm jealous, we have not had one 32c day all summer this year - so make some room, mate - I'm on my way!!!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back