What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fitted carbon fiber look black bar ends today. A couple of days ago, I waxed the whole bike with carnauba - it really made it shine! :punk: Even the engine doesn't look so bad now..

Oh and I've been riding it every day too - lovely sunshine all day, a little nippier at night but nothing decent gear can't take care of. Tonight I'm riding it back to Tampa after work - I'm off now for the rest of the week :eusa_dance:

Enjoy yer thanxgiving everybody!! :clapping::thumbs up::clapping:

SLAMMED IT!

Progressive 412's @ 11" (used via a member, yay) dropped it 2" in the back, and a little action with the triple trees and a rubber mallet got me 1.5" (1.532", according to my micrometer, yeah I'm anal) up front.

Next time I upgrade the rear (maybe 440's next year) I'll probably take an inch back, I'm really tiptoeing around corners right now, but damn it looks good!

I ordered a new rear tire. Metzler 880, 170/80 from Ronayers.com, free shipping:)

Sorry for the pic quality, still reduced to using my iPhone for a while.

l_4468a437870d48fa99403fc31b75a85e.jpg

SLAMMED IT!

Progressive 412's @ 11" (used via a member, yay) dropped it 2" in the back, and a little action with the triple trees and a rubber mallet got me 1.5" (1.532", according to my micrometer, yeah I'm anal) up front.

Next time I upgrade the rear (maybe 440's next year) I'll probably take an inch back, I'm really tiptoeing around corners right now, but damn it looks good!

Oh yeah:punk:
Have to be careful on those negative camber bends now.
I'm running the same setup and will also be taking an inch back next rear suspension upgrade.

Not sure why But i put a back-up camera on mine today wired it into the brake light so it would stay on all the time. The 3.5" screen fits my gps mount. so when I am not using my gps I can have the rear view screen on. I think I put it on so I could see how far them harleys are behind me:eusa_dance:

I also installed Progressive 412's 12" long, which I bought from a forum member. And installed some powdercoated stuff-fork brace, crown behind headlight, windshield braces.

Oh yeah:punk:
Have to be careful on those negative camber bends now.
I'm running the same setup and will also be taking an inch back next rear suspension upgrade.

Gleno-Why on negative camber turns? I installed 12" progressives, will they act the same way?

Gleno-Why on negative camber turns? I installed 12" progressives, will they act the same way?

Where you're turning into an uphill camber you'll have less lean clearance. With your 12"s you should be fine, I got pretty aggressive today with my 11"s and only touched once.

Where you're turning into an uphill camber you'll have less lean clearance. With your 12"s you should be fine, I got pretty aggressive today with my 11"s and only touched once.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. Your bike looks good all lowered down on 'the deck,' very sharp! :thumbs up:

I've got a belly pan to install, if my bike was as low as yours I think there'd be fiberglass left behind!! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• lVMaxCFinst.JPG
    lVMaxCFinst.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 20

That's what I'm talking about. Mostly referred to as an 'off-camber' corner. The road rises to meet your footpegs, sidestand etc. My footpegs and sidestand are starting to look pretty shabby.

Attachments

• off camber corner.jpg
    off camber corner.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 28
Installed a Stebel compact air horn linky.

This thing is effing ridiculous, fitty bucks well spent, just have to fab a little bracket but it's an easy one.

Installed a Stebel compact air horn linky.

This thing is effing ridiculous, fitty bucks well spent, just have to fab a little bracket but it's an easy one.
Grats on another sucessfull mod! Where did you install the horn? Any pic of the install? I'm thinking of one of these to replace my stock 'sqeeker" horn. Just doesn't see right to have a sqeeky sounding horn on such a b/a bike!

That's what I thought too. I'm still quite happy with my cheapo duals - they sound fine, although I am considering wiring in a relay for added punch.

I also would not mind seeing a pic of where that Stebel was mounted, and a sample of its sound would be useful too!

Little side mount licencse plate fab. Not the final version, but you get the idea.

l_11fd83f9df38404e884adc6fdbd7df77.jpg

Today I took a look at my spark plugs, cleaned and gapped them. They looked pretty good, but ever so slightly on the white side, so I turned the A/F screws 1/8 of a turn out, from 2.5 to 2 5/8.

Rode it from Trampa to Orlando on I4 at a pretty constant 5k rpm (95 mph), and only got 85 miles to the reserve light! Not such a good move then, and also it didn't feel any better, maybe even a little worse with a small hesitation picking up on the throttle.

Tomorrow it's going back to 2.5 turns, maybe even down to 2 3/8... We shall see how it runs then.

Oh and I got those A/F screw caps in the mail - some are on their way to Vin, Tom, Patrick, Jeff and Mike. Anyone else want some PM me yer details - I had to order 100 (!)

Today I got my billet M/C covers in the post, so I went ahead and installed them, taking the opportunity to bleed my clutch and brakes.

Didn't take any pics yet, but here they are on fleabay - for only $20 in polished alu or matt black:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985...ryZ35592QQihZ014QQitemZ330293395482QQtcZphoto

Now the only place that says Yamaha on my bike is that little mount under the headlight, and I've already sprayed it matt black as the aluminium was all corroded. I'm gonna take care of that soon, but the question is, once I remove the last Yamaha sign, what should I put on the bike to really screw with onlookers' heads? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Suggestions welcome..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back