What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I got my billet M/C covers in the post, so I went ahead and installed them, taking the opportunity to bleed my clutch and brakes.

Didn't take any pics yet, but here they are on fleabay - for only $20 in polished alu or matt black:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985...ryZ35592QQihZ014QQitemZ330293395482QQtcZphoto

NG, when u get some real life pic's i'd like to see them... on both my vmax's the brake fluid always makes the m/c's look like shit and i'd be interested to see if those set off the bike a bit

As this winter is going to be a big one in the mods area for Snowmax (as if every winter thus far hasn't been one:biglaugh: ) I am going to bring things up to date.

Recent changes:

Media blasted and repainted stator cover and clutch cover
Mocked up, painted, and installed knee guards,
Rebuilt water pump and repainted elbow,
Media blasted side panels and faux tank, prepped for paint,
Artfibras sport tail now prepped for paint,
Front fender prepped for paint,
Removing HMF exhaust and exchanging for a Kerker w/Scorpion can:eusa_dance:
Installed COP's
Installed new front indicators
Ceramic painted risers, bar clamp, lover headlight mount, and front indicator mount

Paint shall be finished this weekend and the bike reassembled Sunday evening. Snowmax has to be loaded on the trailer a week from Friday to head off to the show.

Putting on my drag bars this morning, which should be no big deal, BUT....

the drag bars being shorter, everything doesn't really fit where it goes, so I adjusted my banjo fittings for a little more clearance. That didn't work, and I think I migh have gotten a bubble in my brake line doing it so now I'll have to bleed em.

In the end it looks like I have to bring my trees back up, and order that spring lowering kit, because there's no effing way all the gear will clear with the tops of my fork tubes in the way.

I love "little" projects.

the drag bars being shorter, everything doesn't really fit where it goes, so I adjusted my banjo fittings for a little more clearance. That didn't work, and I think I migh have gotten a bubble in my brake line doing it so now I'll have to bleed em.

In the end it looks like I have to bring my trees back up, and order that spring lowering kit, because there's no effing way all the gear will clear with the tops of my fork tubes in the way.

Aren't they fun, Noxx??!! Those "little" projects.

I ran into the same problem with my drag bars but am reluctant to raise the front back up so I bought those ridiculously overpriced bars from Flanders, hoping the extra width will relocate the controls enough to fit.

If thet don't then I'll get a handlebar riser, which might work for you too.

It's like the three effing stooges around here this morning.

So I go to raise my forks back to stock, loosen all the bolts......SLAM the whole thing drops all the way to the fork guards.

Mental checklist. Centerstand? Nope. Jack under bike? nope.

Chain hoist to unfuck this with? Nope.

Shit.

So ATM I have the whole mess balanced unsteadily in the garage while one of my friends gets over here with a chain. I'm goddam brilliant.

Been there done that many moons ago. By the way, not to kick a guy when he is down but our superbike bar has the same pullback as the drag bar but with a little rise in it to clear the tank cover without rotating the bar up at a funky angle.

Hope you get it back up on it's feet ok.

Sean

What drag bar did you get? The Flanders bars I have fit and look normal. All lines and everything point in the correct direction. My Fladers are about twice as much $$ and a couple inches longer though!

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 13
It's like the three effing stooges around here this morning.

So I go to raise my forks back to stock, loosen all the bolts......SLAM the whole thing drops all the way to the fork guards.

Mental checklist. Centerstand? Nope. Jack under bike? nope.

Chain hoist to unfuck this with? Nope.

Shit.

So ATM I have the whole mess balanced unsteadily in the garage while one of my friends gets over here with a chain. I'm goddam brilliant.

Oh man, I feel for ya!!

Time for a break! When your buddy gets there just go to the store and get a 12 pac or two. Relax awhile have a couple brews, sounds like you could use 'em! :bang head:

Good luck!

What drag bar did you get? The Flanders bars I have fit and look normal. All lines and everything point in the correct direction. My Fladers are about twice as much $$ and a couple inches longer though!

I ran into this with Python bars. Replaced with Flanders #650-04092. Look the same as yours.

Cop Runner has the Flanders bar and they look & feel great.

BTW Flanders must have had a price increase, looking at 4 - 5 times more $'s. But worth it IMO.

i usually just goto home depot and find a broom that has a stick with 7/8" diameter. bolt it right in and throw my controllers on. i find the grain actually gives the bikes a nice little touch....

opened the garage door fired it up for about 5 minutes and stunk up the entire house, i don't know why my wife puts up with my goofy ass.

I did the fork lowering(2") and added the python drag bars at the same time so I avoided the "drop" by dumb luck I guess. :confused2: Make sure your bars are rotated properly to avoid hitting the faux tank with your controls. It is a close fit with the python drag bars. See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2773.jpg
    IMG_2773.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2780.jpg
    IMG_2780.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 14
Well I got everything squared away finally, took a short spin. I like the position on the bars but eh, shrug... not really sold on em. I got them for $30 from fleabay, so it looks like I'd be better off with some of seans bars or some Flanders.

If nothing else this morning was an object lesson in getting some sleep before tinkreing with the bike.

I pulled the front turn signals while I was at it, havent found any I like yet so I'll run naked for a while. Maybe I'll go over to Star Tours tonight and root around in their old lighting bin, find something unconventional. It's got to go better than dropping my bike all over the garage did :p

Holy piss those Flanders bars are expensive. Is there a particular model you folks with em recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back