What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took off the cover, looked at it.

Then I went and ordered a new mounting cup to relocate the tach., a water temp, and a oil pressure gauge.

I will comply with your request post haste!

I don't know how to post haste!! I can post words, links, photos and once in awhile a video, but I can't post haste!! :rofl_200:

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Just being my usual PITA self Mr P, don't take offense, it's all good!! :eusa_dance:

Where in the east are you?

I rode mine today. And yesterday. And the day before. And monday as well. In fact I did 115 miles on monday, and only about 20 a day since.

Oh and I washed it today too, because it rained yesterday and it was filthy after only 16 miles!

I rode mine today. And yesterday. And the day before. And monday as well. In fact I did 115 miles on monday, and only about 20 a day since.

Oh and I washed it today too, because it rained yesterday and it was filthy after only 16 miles!

Well it's obvious. I'm just going to have to send you some of what we're getting up here. Just cause your nice and I wanna share.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• winter 1.JPG
    winter 1.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 15
  • winter 2.jpg
    winter 2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 16
  • winter3.jpg
    winter3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 22
Well it's obvious. I'm just going to have to send you some of what we're getting up here. Just cause your nice and I wanna share.:biglaugh:

We should send him one of those "friendly" bears you have up there! :rofl_200:

-62F !!!!!!!! :surprise: WTF this is madness... :snow: I think I'll put my Alaskan holidays on hold until I grow a thermal second skin and have a batteries implant.. :rofl_200:

And to think that 82nd won't come out under +50F.... :lol_hitting:

I hear you. Been stripping my buddies 88 for him so he can powdercoat his own parts. The only issue I've had was those POS screws for the carb covers. 75% of them had to be removed by "dare I say it".........Vice Grips.

got a impact driver set from mac tools (part #sid13ba) one tap with a hammer and turn them out, great tool, me and the set. dave

Just don't strike too hard with the hammer. A friend broke off one of the mounting bosses doing that. Also broke one off removing those chrome carb manifold covers.

That said, I have been using an impact driver for 30+ years and wouldn't be without one. Just start easy and gently hit harder till the screw comes loose. Presoak with Liquid Wrench or similar.

already got them on, look great, thumb-not so good, one bad swing, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, oh well its done, now have to set in the garage and just look at it, ohio weather sucks. dave

rode mine another 100 miles home tonight - I opened it up jut once and it shot to 135mph, so I was really confused as I thought I had the T-Boost switch in the OFF position, and couldn't work out how it went just as fast as with V-Boost on..

..only to find out that the switch was in V-Boost position. Duh! Still got 105 miles to the reserve light running at 80/85mph most of the way - since manually turning my fan off I definitely gained 10 miles to a tank for the same riding speeds.

I still wonder what I could do to get the 40mpg many others see - I do have the Venture pumpkin but I don't really wanna go any slower. Maybe valves adjustment..

I spoke with my friend moogly boogly and he said he was going to do a ceremony to help me fine d more power and gas milage. :eusa_dance:

He also said he would do a little somthin somthin to help share my weather with them Floridians :whistlin:

Attachments

• witch_doctor.jpg
    witch_doctor.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 24
just make sure you don't tell him about your average temperatures b4 he comes over for an Alaskan holiday.. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back