What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want some wheel trinkets for free?

I remember the day I had my front Metzler put on and I saw for the first time the stick on wheel weight.
I WAS NOT a Happy Camper. Matter of fact... A WTF is what came barreling out of my mouth when I saw it.

So I went ahead and splurged the 30 bucks for the Dyna Beads Bike Pack.
Which gave me the applicator bottle, tube and both 1oz and 2oz bags of Dyna Beads.
And after a 5 mile test run up to 90 miles and hour. I am happy with the results.
NO MORE FRIGIN STICK Ons On MY RIMS! :eusa_dance:
The Dyna Beads do exactly what they claim to do. Balance your wheels perfectly with no wheel weights.
The smooth as glass claim... ehhhh... I'm guessing you would have to be riding on surfaces as smooth as glass to have that effect.

I even put them in My Silverado and noticed a difference.

So I definitely give an A+ to Dyna Beads.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

Cowboy, very glad to hear this. I got the beads and applicator last month, will install in the spring, and was wondering if their claim was valid.

Did you use the valve stem applicator or break down the tire?

Very glad to hear this. I got the beads and applicator last month, will install in the spring, and was wondering if their claim was valid.

Did you use the valve stem applicator or break down the tire?

I used the valve stem applicator. It was a pain because of the 90 valve stems. But I found the easiest way was to screw the tube onto the valve stem, fill that 3/4 of the way with beads, then use a low pressure squirt of air to push the beads in.
You have to be careful though, if you use to much air the beads will come back out if you use too much air and start filling the tire. So I used a hand held powder duster to gently blow a little air into the tube. Just enough to push all the beads in.

Time to make some $ with this thing!! Going to skid in some firewood!!! :punk:

Where did I put those ring chains? :ummm:

Attachments

• 100_1190.jpg
    100_1190.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 26
Cold snap is setting in for a while, -32f outside now. Its supposed to drop to -50's by this weekend.

So I just backed out the vehicles in the garage and just detailed the bike and took some measurements to fab up some knee guards.

When I get that done I'll post an autocad .dwg, a generic .dxf file and a picture of the plans for downloading.

Today I fitted my T-Boost with 3-way switch. When I first tried it, it seemed ok when turned to the 'off' and '6k' settings, but the '3k' setting seemed to make the butterflies open at 9k rpm :ummm::ummm:

So I took it all apart and put it back together again, and then it seemed to work as expected. I noticed that the instructions say to plug the piggyback connector to coil #4 on 85-89 models, but to go to coil #1 on '90 and up. I wonder why?

Riding it, I was surprised at how well the bike still pulls with the Vboost turned off - it's pretty fast without it. Then when I turned it back on it didn't really feel that much different - just a slightly harder rush that grows rather than dying out in high rpms when it's off. The 3k setting is kinda interesting, but nowhere as impressive as I expected it, so I think my most used setting's going to be 'off' - we'll see what it does to my mpg..

Also today, I took off my rear wheel as those idiots who dropped my bike and bent the bars also managed to make a leaking repair! :bang head::bang head::bang head:
The place I went to to get it fixed sold Dyna Beads, so I got them to put 2 ounces of these in the rear tire after fixing the puncture properly, and bought 1 ounce for my front wheel. At $7 an ounce, it's way cheaper than balancing!

See my other post about inserting those lil'beads into a tire valve! :punk:

My cherry's busted!
But I'm not.

Well Today On my way home from Work, I got pulled over by Mr. Police Man, for the first time on my VMAX.

I was coming around a long slow bend, passed a car and there he was.
Got me wit that fancy Laser.

I slowed down to the 45 mph speed limit and sure enough, he mounted his motorbike and turned on his lights and came a chasin.
I didn't give until he got right behind me. So then I turned on my directional pulled over and off onto the sidewalk, took off my helmet and he said.
"How's it going..."
Good, how are you tonight?
"You know why I stopped you."
No Sir, I said.
"I got you with my laser going 67 in a 45."
I said, whaaaaaat??? I was only doin about 50?

"License and registration please."
I handed him my stuff and sat patiently.

He came back about 5 minutes later and gave me a
Office of the Sheriff Seminole County Traffic Courtesy Notice.
Said "I'm going to let you go with a warning this time, but we both know you wern't doing 50 on that VMAX"

I damn near bit my tongue in two trying not smile the biggest shit eating grin!

You lucky sonnovabiatch!! I wish my I-4 cop had been that nice.. I've seen a lot of cops with lasers here in Altamonte so I've been on my toes tryinna stick to the 35 mph posted!

And btw, those dyna beads I put in my front wheel don't work too good - I've getting vibes in my fingers that most definitely were not there with the weights on the wheel :-/

You lucky sonnovabiatch!! I wish my I-4 cop had been that nice.. I've seen a lot of cops with lasers here in Altamonte so I've been on my toes tryinna stick to the 35 mph posted!

And btw, those dyna beads I put in my front wheel don't work too good - I've getting vibes in my fingers that most definitely were not there with the weights on the wheel :-/

Sorry to hear that NG.
Like I mentioned, you gotta make sure there is absolutely none of that gummy slick shit they use to goo the rim when they mount the tire.
If there was any of that on the inside then some of your beads are stickin to it instead of floatin around.
It's that or...
Your tires have bad lateral balance.
I really hate to say this, no bad reflection on you intended, but Cheap tires... ya get what ya pay for.

Like I mentioned, you gotta make sure there is absolutely none of that gummy slick shit they use to goo the rim when they mount the tire.
If there was any of that on the inside then some of your beads are stickin to it instead of floatin around.

I wasn't there when the front was mounted, so I dunno about any goo.. But when I get a chance I'll jack the bike up and spin the wheel to hear the beads rolling. :confused2: The rear wheel just had a new patch put in before the beads went in, but I watch the guy do it properly and vulcanize it, and I can hear the beads rolling in the rear. There was only a tiny balancing weight on the rear wheel too.

It's that or...
Your tires have bad lateral balance.
I really hate to say this, no bad reflection on you intended, but Cheap tires... ya get what ya pay for.

Well you may have a point here. The weights I removed from the front wheel were 21 grams (3x7gr) all in one spot on the right-hand side. There were no weights on the left side. I didn't throw them away, but I'm afraid I cleaned the wheel too well to be able to put them back in the same spot. :bang head: I've emailed Dyna Beads - let's see what they come back with..

just got my v-stax from exactrep, stripped out first phillips head screw i tried to remove and one of the screws on each one is a saftey head torques screw, off to work i go to get more tools, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. just for your info. if you buy some . dave

just got my v-stax from exactrep, stripped out first phillips head screw i tried to remove and one of the screws on each one is a saftey head torques screw, off to work i go to get more tools, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. just for your info. if you buy some . dave

190, Go to the local Ace Hdwr. and replace those phillips with stainless allen heads.

I hear you. Been stripping my buddies 88 for him so he can powdercoat his own parts. The only issue I've had was those POS screws for the carb covers. 75% of them had to be removed by "dare I say it".........Vice Grips.

Fitted new stock silver body work, ordered an 18 inch slotter rear wheel, install kit, and progressive 11.5 inch shocks from Mr Furbur, picked up my new in box Kerker K-series and ordered new radial tires.

I broke the bank today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back