What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just mounted new frame braces, it was a bitch, i think they used 1 bottle of lock tight on each bolt. dave

Attachments

• braces 001.jpg
    braces 001.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 32
just mounted new frame braces, it was a bitch, i think they used 1 bottle of lock tight on each bolt. dave

why use so much loctite? how did the upper part hold on? is it a clamp?

these are the exactrap ones?

why use so much loctite? how did the upper part hold on? is it a clamp?

these are the exactrap ones?

Dave means Yamaha used excessive amounts of loctite at the factory on the frame bolts.
Yes most of the vibaration is on the frame brace bolts so they use loctite and torqued tight!

You did apply green / blue loctite back on them didnt you Magoo?

Picked up the gen 2 today,in perfect condition not a scratch anywhere,fired right up.In the shop now going to start mods later tonight if i get a chance.Congrats to anyone else who purchased one as well.:clapping::punk:

Moneypit you lucky son of $**&^%,.. wouldn't we all like to have both gen's in the garage side by side.
It would look especialy nice since I have the Fazer as well, have the whole family then including lil brother,..lol

I was practicing stunts on it in my living room standing on the faux saying "LOOK NO HANDS" while making motor sounds with my lips, I even had a pretend race against the new 09 VMAX and I beat it.
I love my VMAX its the fastest thing in my living room

Moneypit you lucky son of $**&^%,.. wouldn't we all like to have both gen's in the garage side by side.
It would look especialy nice since I have the Fazer as well, have the whole family then including lil brother,..lol

It'd be nice to have an '85 XJ700X 5 valve Maxim in that garage too, don't ya think? :confused2::biglaugh:

Absolutely,..Midnite blue....:punk:
Theres actually a guy that has one in town,...see him quite often. Always liked those bikes ,...fast.

Put non-skid pads on my casesavers to keep my boots from slipping & protect the chrome.

Attachments

• DSC01540.JPG
    DSC01540.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 20
Front springs arived yesterday.
Is model # 11-1129 right for a 98 Max???????
Lew

Lew, I responded top your fork spring post. You will need 11-1144 according to the Progressive website. 11-1129 is for early model forks.

So far i have billett master cylider covers for my 09 and backrest on back order.rizoma signals front and back and fender eliminator on order and my dummy is at the detail shop getting custom 3m paint protection.

I installed my exactrep cruiser single seat and fatmax belly pan. Neither are painted yet. I'll post pictures when they are finished.

The rear fender kit from exactrep literally took 10 minutes to install and wire the first time. I bet I could swap it out with my stock set up in 5 minutes if I needed to. It's a solid piece.

Oh, and I got the very first one other than the picture of prototype on the site .

I installed my exactrep cruiser single seat and fatmax belly pan. Neither are painted yet. I'll post pictures when they are finished.

The rear fender kit from exactrep literally took 10 minutes to install and wire the first time. I bet I could swap it out with my stock set up in 5 minutes if I needed to. It's a solid piece.

Oh, and I got the very first one other than the picture of prototype on the site .
That cruiser single seat is a very cool looking piece, looking forward to seeing once you get done! :thumbs up:

What did I do to my Max today... absolutely nothing cause it's snowing again.:bang head: I did go the the local bike recycle shop & pick up some bits & pieces.

Put non-skid pads on my casesavers to keep my boots from slipping & protect the chrome.
I used the Lindby Multi-bar foot rests for my Engine Guards. They have a lip that I put toward the outside so my feet wouldn't slip off.

t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back