What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been slacking lately with updates on my mods, so here goes.
So far this year I have installed all new wavy rotors(3) with bracket from Jedi for stock calipers, new HH brake pad for rear caliper, Fork Brace from Python, shinko front tire, SS front brake & clutch lines, V4 3d carb inserts, painted satin black turn signals/ speedometer cover/ handlebar riser/ clamp/ infill/ radiator cover and replaced various bolts w/ SS button head/ cap screws.
Still on the list are Mark's SS exhaust , oil pressure gauge, new sliders, custom mount for Harlan shift light (All on the way!), powder coating grab bar/ Sissy bar/ shock caps/ foot peg brackets.
I also picked up a new Vemar VTXE helmet, Power Trip summer gloves and currently looking at some riding pants.
OK, now I'm broke again and the government is gonna want some money next week too. The mod monkey is still on my back and I can't seem to shake him.
Yeah, yeah, I know......Pics will be forthcoming, probably tomorrow if I can get some spare time.

This weekend....new tires (metzlers, stock size), progressive springs (new seals etc), and a Givi windshield. The handling of my bike is MUCH better. The front end feels like it should when stopping etc, and when driving down the road the bike doesnt feel like it is wandering all over the place. Definately a huge improvement.

Windshield, cant say as it is a huge difference, but I like the look and it gets the wind off my chest I guess.

Next is my tail light from motorcyclemod.com, hopefully that will get done tomorrow.

:punk:

Took the vmax out for a 45 mile ride to retrieve my reading glasses that I left at Toms Farms out here in corona a dumb thing to do (leaving my glasses) but it was a good day for a ride.
Then worked on a L.E.D. license plate light but the L.E.D,`s weren`t bright enough:bang head: so, tomorrow it`s back to Pep Boys.
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

Planning to put my engine guards on today. Great ride yesterday! I've had my 06 for about 3 weeks. Had the opportunity to take it to 140 on the speedo yesterday. Anybody know how accurate the speedo is on the vax?

Planning to put my engine guards on today. Great ride yesterday! I've had my 06 for about 3 weeks. Had the opportunity to take it to 140 on the speedo yesterday. Anybody know how accurate the speedo is on the vax?

It may vary between speedos.

Find a local police radar trap and go blasting through....compare your speedo reading with what the ticket reads!!! :biglaugh:

No matter what the question is, you can always find an answer on the VMF!! Even tho it may be a stooopid one!! :rofl_200:

(My answer, I mean, not your question)

Had the opportunity to take it to 140 on the speedo yesterday. Anybody know how accurate the speedo is on the vax?

Your best bet is a satnav - it'll give a pretty acurate speed reading, then compare.

I would have thought that as with most others, the Max speedo's around 10% optimistic.

I would run it with a GPS to compare the actual speed, much cheaper than running a radar trap...:rofl_200:

i believe a while ago, chris did out the math and the 120 front tire actually brings the speedo back closer to what it should be?

going to go outside to finish up instaling my license plate light .
I finalllly calmed down after last night`s falling over of the bike(it didn`t fall hard but I managed to brake the front brake handle) but, at least there were no scratches on it.
It`s really windy outside and it sucks working in a carport.:bang head:
<<Dave>>:git:

going to go outside to finish up instaling my license plate light .
I finalllly calmed down after last night`s falling over of the bike(it didn`t fall hard but I managed to brake the front brake handle) but, at least there were no scratches on it.
It`s really windy outside and it sucks working in a carport.:bang head:
<<Dave>>:git:

i hear ya on the carport...

do u need a brake lever?

I changed my coolant today. Cleaned out the overflow tank and used vinegar & water like suggested. did that a couple of times. Changed spedo & guage lights to yellow along with my yellow (low beam) & blue (high beam) headlamp:punk:eek:h ya dropped a lb of pressure in the rear tire. It wants to break loose all the time. .......Time to ride

I am still waiting on parts for both maxes,im so tired of waiting all the time.I have made a decision not to mod anymore as i am waiting on so much shit to come in and riding season is right around the corner.It just takes to f--king long to get parts.I will try to pry the mod monkeys teeth out of my ass later and start to wear cast iron briefs to keep him out.Good luck to those who are also waiting on parts.:bang head::bang head::bang head::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::ummm::ummm::ummm:

Installed my Mark's exhaust, it sounds awesome!!!:punk::punk:
The install went pretty smooth, had to enlarge the LH can mount hole a tiny bit. I am also going to get some longer SS bolts to mount the cans as the stock bolts are a little shorter than I liked (didn't get but 1/2 of the threads into the nut). I had to reroute the tube from the radiator over flow tube to keep it from melting onto the collector.
But man, the exhaust tone is sweeeet with the 12" cans. I couldn't be happier! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Attachments

• Marks not installed 1.jpg
    Marks not installed 1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 1 Mark's Exhaust installed april15.jpg
    1 Mark's Exhaust installed april15.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 3 Mark's Exhaust installed april15.jpg
    3 Mark's Exhaust installed april15.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 5 Mark's Exhaust installed april15.jpg
    5 Mark's Exhaust installed april15.jpg